A Number of Gifts?

Contradicting, You and I

 

"So basically, you were asked to keep that as a secret too? I am not going to go home with you. Sorry," I relayed with a tone of finality. Leaving him behind, I was caught off guard when he scooped me from behind and carried me bridal style. Being the martial artist that he is, there was no way that I'd be able to get away from his grip nor plead my way out. Getting tired of wriggling free from him, I obediently let him do what he wants. It's not as if innocent and young Tao would harass me, right? Right?

But he did carried me all the way to my dorm! My god. What's wrong with him?????

Opening the door for me, I was, shocked would be an exaggeration, maybe a little surprised and...amused? You see, there was a paired clothing on top of my bed waiting to be worn. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I stood there with no logical reason coming out of my currently ineffective brain. Placing both my hands on the side of my forehead, I tried to think, think, and think. It's no use.

I ain't got any suitors. It isn't my birthday too. Nothing special happened today, nor yesterday, and even the day before that! Then, what the heck is this?! "You should wear that noona and hurry up too." Is he ordering me around?? Fine, I'll wear this and end this whole fiasco. Waiting for him to get outside automatically, I took notice of the design on the shirt. I paused for a minute trying to calm myself down and insisting that this is not something from him. I mean, why would he waste his time and money on me? Really, now. Ignoring those ideas, I glanced back at Tao who is still idly leaning on my bedroom wall.

"What? You wanna see me get undressed?" Blushing like a kid, he scampered outside and kicked the door shut quite hard as he apologized several times ont he other side. Chuckling, I started to undress. 

Omo. It fits me perfectly. Whoever bought this thing sure knows my body's proportion. Walking outside, I saw Tao trying to cover his face with those firm hands of his and failing in the process. Is he still embarassed? Urging him to stop, he did so. "You look pretty noona," he then commented boldly without really making any eye contact, making me feel flustered all of a sudden. "Thank you." 

It was friday afternoon so I had to get back home. Seeing how I carried all my stuff, my huge backpack, my lunchbox, books, envelopes, my water jug; Tao grabbed the biggest and the heaviest one slinging it on his shoulder. On my way home with silent Tao on my side, I saw a very familiar face; no screw that, faces, along the pavement. First, there's Wu Fan looking appealing as ever, standing there, waiting...for me? He seems to be waiting for someone. I looked around and saw no one except me..and Tao. A! He's waiting for Tao. Yes, for him.

But no, he's looking directly at me, holding something. As I've come face to face with him, he handed me a long brown envelope.  "Here. Someone wants to give this to you," he said, turning his attention to Tao. "By the way, thank you for your assistance Tao," Tao nodded contentedly and Wu Fan smiled. "Thank you Wu Fan."

"Kris will do." Oh, are we getting closer now?  Nevermind. I'll just call him Kris from now on. That sounds easier anyway. 

Walking past him, am now standing in front of Kai who was holding something as well. A small, beige-colored, box. "We've waited long enough. You're lucky we didn't freeze to death because despite being Choi Sooyoung, am sure he'd smack you real hard if something terrible happens to us." What is he talking about? And what are these? Eyeing the items given to me, I was lost in a deep thought until I heard Kyungsoo whispering something to Kai. "Hey, you're not supposed to blurt out anything! And don't scare her!" And I was then back to my senses. Looking back at Kai, I gave him the smug look as if telling him that I am in no way threatened by his words. 

"Ya, are you really a life form of planet Earth? Stop babbling unidentified stuffs. You're not making any sense. Besides, I didn't ask you guys to stay here and endure the freezing temperature of South Korea," I scowled, stepping away from Kai and then towards to Kyungsoo who was holding two boxes in such a careful manner it made me think that some glass figurines were in there. "But, thanks Kai." He seemed surprsised by that but grinned anyway. It was different than the usual though, maybe a little warmer? It took all my willpower to thank him, mind you. 

Back to Kyungsoo, I was about to get the boxes from him when he pulled it away and insisted that I check out the ones given first, looking more excited than me. "Arasso, arasso!" I agreed getting pretty annoyed by now. I am feeling touched and annoyed at the same time. Is that even possible? Considering now, yes.

Opening the envelope, I saw two papers inside. One's folded lengthwise and the other's not. Unfolding the first paper, what I saw is an Eiffel Tower drawn in such a manner that it looked evolutionary-ish. Glancing at the other paper, there laid a neatly and amazingly drawn portrait of, again, the Eiffel tower. It was mesmerizing. And I bet everyone agrees with me, smiling proudly all by themselves. 

 

*These are what she saw. Pretty, isn't it? :'>

Anticipating for the next one, I slowly opened the box trying to hide my own excitement. If this has something to do with that tower again, I am so going to be pleased. And bingo! I was more than thrilled to see that that small box houses a cute, fragile snow globe with an Eiffel tower inside. I wanted to squeal in happiness but I am definitely not doing that in front of these guys and earn myself a new image that will bury everything that I've worked hard for in the past. Okay, enough of the drama. 

  

*I love this one! :">

Btw, what do you call that thing again? Not sure what to call it so I went for the 'snow globe' instead. xD

Facing Kyungsoo once more, he handed me the boxes that he's about to give earlier. Finally. His huge, rounded eyes are telling me to open the boxes immediately and without hesitation, my hands complied. He held the other one though and we opened the boxes simultaneously. Inside those two boxes are...cupcakes? Didn't I told him that I hate sweets? Wait, no. This just means that it isn't him after all.  Why am I even assuming that it's him?! Now, I am getting more and more perplexed. Who did this and what for?

Snapping me back to reality, Kyungsoo spoke, "Two editions. Not really done on purpose. Asked for Kibum hyung's help and it ended up looking 'too' girly so I made another set. And, we are all well aware that you're not really a fan of anything sweet but a certain someone told us that you'd accept these anyway," he explained in one go leaving him breathless. "Care to tell me who's this him you've been talking about??" Gawd. Just tell me the name, for heaven's sake! I am so close to having a mental disability if they'd keep on prolonging this mysterious gift-giving event! Damn! 

  

 

Kai looked at me and shook his head playfully while giving me his popular smirk. "No freaking way, Choi Sooyoung." This brat!! Talk about being respectful. Kris and Suho must join forces and teach this guy here the basics of manners!

"Get away from me before I strangle you to death Kim Jongin," I growled closing my fist but stopped half-way as this won't do any better. I must control myself not to murder his whole gang, and make him madly upset after (yes, that him!), as that would only tarnish my considerably good image as a class representative. Besides, he was nice enough to wait for me here and hand me this cute snow globe. I'll let it slip...for now.

"Away now, Kai! You wouldn't like it if that lady unleashes her monster side!" Baekhyun yelled from the side. Kai only scoffed, not really heeding Baekhyun's advice. "Hey! Never, ever ignore the warning of great 'ol Baekhyun, I tell you!" He added with much emphasis.  Glaring at him, he made a zipping movement along his mouth, showing me that he'd completely shut up. Very well. 

I should've known better. Being the usual Baekhyun that he is, he spoke again. After 2 short minutes of shutting up, here goes his mouth again, working overtime. "Well anyway, here's the fourth gift!! Ja-jang!" He presented beaming, handing me over a notebook which is, again, Paris-inspired. "Thank you," I managed to say, bowing to all of them in gratefulness. Kris nodded and Tao copied his exact movement as if they were playing 'follow the leader', Kai gave me one of his prideful smiles, Kyungsoo seemed pleased as well, Sehun eliciting a small, still sly-ish smile, and Baekhyun chuckling. "Aw. I knew you can be really polite Soo! That's cute!" He added, patting my head. I gave him the look and he quickly threw his hand back to his pocket. "Don't call me Soo."

 

*This is what Bacon gave Soo. :)

 

"Yes. Come up with your own nickname hyung," Sehun suddenly said agreeing with me, I almost forgot he wasn't mute. His presence reminds me of..air, the wind. It's like he's always there but never really makes himself conspicuous. His evil aura lurks from within though. "Choi noona, if you haven't noticed it yet, I am actually the one who came up with all of this." Excuse me? Did both of my ears suddenly became impaired? And what did he call me? Choi noona? Oh gawd. It makes my insides cringe. 

"Say whaaaat?" I asked, giving him an incredulous look. I don't remember having any relationship with this guy except for the fact that we're living in the same village with no decent conversation yet in the history of mankind. Not even a friendly relationship exists between us! Yet, he was looking at me seriously it sounded real enough. Seconds after, everyone was obviously stifling their laughter and I just knew right there that Sehun was playing with me. I unconsciously puffed my cheeks out and made a tsk3 gesture as I meet eyes with the gang's evil maknae, Sehun. Told 'ya he's a relative of Kyuhyun. 

*Evil Prince Kyu with his future successor :)))) Ah no, wait. Kyu's evilness is irreplaceable. Maybe Sehun would rule over a different evil land or something. XDD

 

Before bombarding him with my rants, he made it first to move and took my right hand which caught me by surprise. Holding it firmly, I find it hard to snatch my hand away. Grabbing something from his pants' pocket, we both stood still until I saw what he's been trying to dig down there. My eyes widened, just like how Kyungsoo's eyes looked like daily, seeing a ring from his left hand! I was about to push him away thinking that he's kind of *cough* proposing *cough* when I clearly saw the ring's design. Heck, it was actually pretty big I was surprised I didn't notice it right away. I sighed in relief. "I have no intentions of proposing to you whatsoever," their maknae pointed out, making sure am not getting the wrong idea. Heh! As if Oh Sehun. 

I shrugged, crossing my arms. "Hmp. Don't care. So, how did you know that Okonomiyaki is my favorite food???" It somehow fascinated me that he knew about this, really. It's been a month since I last ate one and I don't remember telling anyone about this too. Seeing this ring, I felt like rushing to the nearest Japanese resto and grabbing three Okonomiyaki dishes only for my own satisfaction! :9

*Isn't this really cute???? :3

 

"I have no clue at all."

"What? You didn't know?"

"Yes. Not even interested. But, he knows," he ended smoothly giving his hyungs a knowingly grin. There goes that he again! For the record, this is my first time experiencing such anxiousness, competitions outside the University are no match for this!

"Where's Chanyeol, by the way?" My mouth moved on its own, I promise!!! I just knew it has a life of its own. Either that or I've been cursed! They all snickered and threw me teasing looks. My head hung low in embarassment. My feelings is just too obvious. Too obivous to hide indeed. Aigooo...

"My, my, after all these gifts, you're still curious as to where Yeol is?" Baekhyun teased and I basically ingored him. "Eh? Didn't hyung told you?" Kai intervened suddenly looking pretty depressed. "Told me what?? Good heavens, spill it all out!" I can hardly keep up my composed self as everyone of them looked really bothered and was obviously hesitating to relay the news.  

"Hyung...went overseas to study there," Kai continued as I doze off not wanting to believe what I just heard. I knew am having ear complications. I mean, Chanyeol wouldn't leave just like that, right? Nothing is registering quite right in my brain now as I stood there frozen on my spot. I wasn't even able to ask about their absences. Maybe am mentally paralyzed right now. Shaking the thoughts off, I gave them a half-hearted smile and walked away, zombie-like. 

I felt a stab of grief at the thought that I'd lose Chanyeol even when he's not even mine to begin with. 

 

 

 

MINI PIC SPAM AGAIN! ^^V

*EvilKyu and his evil deeds. :))))) I love this guy! :3 And so is Myeolchi~~ :P

KyuMin ftw~~~ ^^

   

    

*Kim Kibuuuuuuuum~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aigoo...handsome as ever!

But heck, when do you plan on going back to SJ?! Or are you even considering that idea?!

*This guy is <3

*And so are them~~ :3

 

-- This is supposedly the last chapter but since it was type-written too long..again...I decided to cut it into two parts. :P *runs away*

Lol. Anyway, I really, really wanted to hear ( I mean, to see. As if I can hear you commenting. XD) from you guys! Come on! Tell me what you think, quick! :))))

A! I know. I won't post the last chapter unless I get atleast 5 comments for this one.  :D That's not too much to ask for, right?? ^^v

 

mrsleejinki, so sorry!!!! Yes, thery are all cute. XD I'll try my hardest to finish Daffodil, forever!

lalalalala, HAHA! Well, aside from quite confusing me, yea, it sort of. xD Your question has been answered too! :))) Btw, Hangeng's your first ever bias?? Jinjja??? Why Paris???

Humi369, First off, thans for the comment!! ^^V Secondly (is there such a term?? xD), yes. I'll gladly export your Lu Han once we got a clone of him! :DD And kungfu panda's just helping the gang out. xD

KyuHanna, I shall send you your Lu Han clone too if ever. :))))) HAHAHA. Really? Lol. Glad you liked it. XD Why indeed??? :))))

toblerone, HAHAHA!! Arasso! Prepare a huge sack for him, okay?! XD

 

 

P.S.

Promoting my Suho fic again: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/181880/daffodil-forever-suhoxoc

 Comment & Subscribe, ara? :D Love ya'all! Godspeed. c",)

Btw, PLEASE pray for SUNGMIN oppa's grandma. She just passed away that's why Sungmin wasn't able to go LA with his SJ members yet. Heard he'll take the flight tomorrow. T^T Poor minnie..hope he won't stress himself out and all that.