Jeongmal

If Fate Allows It

 

“Jagiya~! Jincha?!?!?!” Noona cried out shrilly, grabbing my shoulders roughly. She shook me violently with each word she spoke, nearly choking me.  “Kwon Yuri? As in Sonyuh Shidae’s Black Pearl? The Kwon Yuri?!?!”

After all her shaking, I felt a bit dizzy and all I managed to do in response to all her questions was nod my head meekly.  I never knew noona had that kind of strength in her, my vision was blurry. It was like noona up all my strength with her endless string of questions. I don’t know what came over me, but I held my forehead and squeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to regain my composure. Narsha didn’t seem satisfied with my simple nod of the head. So I gather up my remaining strength to formulate a coherent sentence.

“Uh, De. Sonyuh Shidae Kwon Yuri” I said slowly. Noona’s eyes visibly brightened, like the eyes of a child who was given a present. Then she squealed with excitement, which brought me back to my senses.  I looked up at her and asked innocently, “Noona… why are you so excited?”

“Hehehe” She giggled. I’m not going to lie; noona’s school girl giggle is extremely cute. If I was just a couple years older… this might be able to work. Haha. Wait what am I saying?! I only have eyes for KWON YURI! I awkwardly cleared my throat, unsuccessfully catching noona’s attention.

“Yah! Pretty Noona~~~ wae you laughing? This is a serious matter” I said with overwhelming aegyo. Even my own fingers were curling with disgust. I can’t believe that just came out of my mouth…

“Mianhae yeobo. I’m just excited” She said with a playful smile. I raised an eyebrow at her suspiciously. I crossed my arms with disapproval. All she did was pinch my cheeks roughly and smile at me. It was kind of creepy.

“Noona? Why are you excited? What are you planning” I asked, metaphorically firmly standing my ground. Well that’s what it seemed like in my mind. Noona tends to do things I have tendency to get caught up in the midst of schemes.

“Well, for one thing, Yuri is single” She said with a contagious smile, and I found myself smiling with her. Assa! The girl of my dreams is single! Heck yeahhhh! Noona raised held her hands up to her face and tapped her fingers against each other while giving me a wry smile. Uh oh, here she goes again. “I think I can squeeze some information out of her, hehehe”

“Jeongmal? Noona you’re the best! Saranghae!” I exclaimed happily.

“Hehehe, I know. Let the games begin” Narsha said before flashing me a smile.