Anchor

If Fate Allows It

After hugging Jessica for nearly and hour straight, I slowly removed my arms from her. My whole body felt numb. My chest felt like it was being weighed down by a lead filled jacket. My existence seemed miniscule. But when she looked at me with her pity filled yet adorable puppy dog eyes, I almost lost it. God, she must be so confused. And for her sake, I held it together.

 
"Sica yah, you must be confused, huh?" I asked her gently. She nodded her head quietly. I sighed inward to myself before motioning her to come sit beside me on the couch. I painstakingly recounted the story, from being stood up on our eight month anniversary to waking up at Tae's house and finally coming to SMENT. Coming to the realization of what really went down. The real reason as to why I got stood up. The reason why my heart felt like it was being penetrated by millions of glass shards.
 
Sica grabbed my hand, giving it a firm squeeze. I guess I didn't notice that I was crying. She cupped my cheek her free hand, tenderly wiping my tears away. The next thing she did caught me off guard.
 
"Everything will be okay, oppa," she told me, our eyes making contact before she sat up and kissed me gently on the forehead. I didn't know exactly how to feel. Jessica has always been a dongsaeng but that didn't stop my heart from fluttering briefly. 
 
Our eyes met, I tried to break free of the eye contact but her eyes captivated me. The eyes that were just filled with pity were cold and somewhat alluring. She stared sternly at me, take a firm grip of my shoulders, her eyes never leaving mine. I unconsciously gulped with anxiousness.
 
"Oppa, be your own anchor. I know you're heart broken but you can't continue like this forever," she said sternly, grasping my shoulders tighter with each word before whispering "and it pains me to see you like this oppa"