Confidence

If Fate Allows It

As expected, life went on. Idol activities went on, CF filming, photoshoots, studio recording, the usual. Things quieted down. It's been weeks since the incident. It was like Yuri and I never had that conversation. She didn't bring up meeting up, and neither did I. Honesty, it was killing me inside. The thought that Yuri might have actually forgotten about meeting up lingered in my mind.

There's no denying that I was still thinking about Yuri. We still texted, and quite frankly I was waiting by my phone for the next text message, like a an addict waiting for the next hit. Texting her became my addiction, even if all she said was Hello that was fine by me. I got my hopes up everytime my phone flashed New Message, my eyes beaming with joy every single time. But most of time, it wasn't her... but when it was HER I went absolutely estatic. Every time she texted me, I longed for more... I just wanted to talk to her. But even more so than a text, I wanted to hear her laugh and see her smile again. 

All my free time was dedicated to thinking about Kwon Yuri. I couldn't get her out of my head. It was all about Yuri. If I had a variety show recording, I would hope she was going to be there too. Or when I had a photoshoot with a female idol I would be wishing it was her instead. It was crazy, she was taking over my life without even knowing it.

I couldn't shake the idea that maybe... I am obsessed...

As more and more days passed I became zombie like. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a girl, and it was eating me up from the inside. I also wondered if she felt the same way I did. Or if I even had a chance with a girl like her. Is this what love feels like? Or am I just infatuated with her.  In my zombie-like state, I moped around the company, trying to not to bring attention to myself. Despite my efforts to go unnoticed, it failed...

Nichkhun hyung noticed, and decided to interogate me...

"_________, come here" Nichkhun called. I was sitting in a corner, with my hood up in a lame attempt to hide myself. I sighed, these days it annoyed me to talk to people. I slowly got up, clumsily stepping on my headphones in the process. I whined as the earbuds were ripped out of my ears. I heard Khun hyung chuckle to himself. I scowled to myself.

"Anyongsehaeyo, hyungnim! You wanted me?" I said, half bowing lazily. Hyung surprised me by slapping me upside the head. I glared at him questioningly, "What was that for?!"

"Yah, ______! You're getting sloppy! You call that a bow? And is that how you talk to a sunbae and hyung?" He said sternly, but his eyes were warm with sincerity. I hung my head low with shame, keeping my eyes on the ground. He was right... I didn't deserve to even look him in the face, I was pitiful. I pulled my hood off, and stared at his feet.

"Joesonghabnida. Joesonghabnida. Joesonghabnida" I said, bowing ninety degrees. Being the good natured person he is, hyung laughed cheerfully. With my head still hung, I shyly rubbed the back of my neck. My left hand in my pants pocket, fiddling with my keys.

"Nah, it's okay _______. Raise your head, look me in the eyes. I've just noticed you've been a little off the past couple of weeks. I just wanted to check up on you. Plus I have to keep my dongsaeng in line, don't I?" He said gently. Nichkhun hyung is always there for me. He kept cheering me on during our trainee days, pushing me to work hard. I know I can depend on him, and it's not a surprise he actually noticed. Out of all the people in the industry, Khun hyung is probably my closest friend... and the person closest to being my best friend. 

Hyung put me into a playful headlock, ruffling my hair. I felt a genuine smile adorn my face for the first time in a long time. It was just like old times, just hanging out and messing around with hyung. It was simplier time. Life was easy, we trained, played and sleeped. That was it. Now we have non-stop schedules, barely having time to rest let alone see each other.

"What's up hyung?" I asked casually after he released me from his grip, taking a seat across from him. His expression changed when he heard my question. I gave him a confused look. His playful grin disappeared from his face, leaving his face blank. I could see the seriousness in his eyes and maybe I was just imagining it, but I swear I saw a hint of worry as well. He swallowed hard, and fiddled around with his fingers nervously.

"Well, umm.." He started out slowly. I could tell he was definitely thinking hard about what to say. "Well, funny story... I'm of worried about you, ________. I mean you're like my little brother and I can't help but worry. You used to be so lively, but now you're just blehh... What happened ________? Did something happen? Cause you've changed these past weeks."

I bit my lip, debating whether to tell him or not. I tried my best to avoid his gaze as I weighed out the situation. But at this point I didn't have much more to loose. I already was a hopeless mess of a person. What difference could it make if I told hyung what was going on. I took a big breath and exhaled deeply before looking Khun hyung in the eyes. 

"It's a girl" was all I was able to muster. Hyung gave me a look that said are-you-serious-right-now, to which I nodded my head yes to. That's when he burst into laughter. I just stared at him blankly as he laughed.

"That's all?! Are you serious ________? Wow... who would of thought the 'Invincible ________' would be so easily defeated by a girl. hahaha" He said laughing. I continued to stare blankly at him. To me it wasn't a joking matter. This was serious business. 

"Hyung, I'm not joking. I think I'm going to go crazy! Gah" I mumbled just audible enough for him to hear.

"Do I know this girl?" Hyung asked. He stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know" I said bluntly, shrugging my shoulders at him.

"Do you like her?" he asked, staring straight into my eyes.

"Yes" I said calmly, keeping my expression blank.

"Does she know?" He questioned.

"..... No, I don't think so." I said quietly.

"Tell her" He said flatly.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" I yelled at him. 

"Why not, I mean she's just a girl right? Tell her or you'll regret it" again he replied flatly.

"She's not just a girl, she's a goddess" Replied back at him in a sassy tone.

"All the more reason to tell her. You don't want to lose her, right _______?" he said in a calm voice. 

"I can't do that..." I said quietly

"Why not, be a man!" He cried 

"This has nothing to do with my manhood!" I said angrily, throwing my arms up defensively as if to prove my point.

"Yes, yes it does. A real man would tell a woman his feelings straight up" He said sternly.

"Like I said, she isn't just a woman...she's an angel! Someone like me can't just confess to someone like her" I said, trying to defend myself.

"Is she an idol? Just do it _______." He asked calmly.

"Maybe..." I said my voice trailing off.

"Just tell her." He suggested strongly once again.

"I can't. A guy like me can't be with a girl like her..." I said with a sigh.

"God, I've had enough of your downer attitude! Have some confidence will you! MAN UP AND TELL HER!" He screamed at me frustrated.

"......I can't" I said. The next thing hyung did shocked me. He slapped me across the face with such force I fell over, crumpling on the ground. My cheek was stinging. I held my cheek, blinking back the the tears threatening to fall. "...hyung..."

"______, I'm sorry. I just needed slap some sense into you. You're a great guy, I'm sure this girl will like you too. She just needs you to open her eyes... and you can do that by telling her" He said calmly, picking me up off the floor. 

"Thanks hyung, I needed that." I said, still holding my face.

"Sorry, who is it by the way?" He asked, his eyes filled with worry as he inspected my cheek.

"Kwon Yuri" I replied


Sorry for not updating in awhile...

This chapter doesn't have much about Yuri :P