Tension

If Fate Allows It

I was completely astatic all thanks to my... Girlfriend, gosh it feels good to say that. Taeyeon is my girlfriend, aigoo just thinking that makes me gush.

Unfortunately, the idol life entails heavy caution and secrecy when it comes to matters like this. Taeyeon and I decided that it was for the best that we keep our relationship to ourselves for the time being. Not even our members know. Particularly hers. Of course, we don't want unnecessary tension to arise, especially when I have some history with a certain member...yeah...

We continued to do our usual thing. Just like things were still the same, there were no suspicions that surrounded us, to which I was grateful. Thankfully it only looked like nothing changed from an outside perspective. Taeyeon and I had skinship when it was just the two of us. It wasn't highly ual; it was intimate but innocent little nothings. And it made me go crazy. My heart would race; the butterflies would flutter in my belly.

One day I decided to surprise Taeyeon at the company. Little did I know that a simple, unannounced little visit to SM Entertainment would turn my life upside down, as I tried to make sense of everything.

I was weaving in an out of practice rooms in search of my adorable girlfriend. To no avail, I couldn't find her.

To: Angel Baby
Taeyeon-ah~ are you home?


From: Angel Baby
Aniyo~ I'm at schedule right now. Waeyo? Miss me? ;)


To: Angel Baby
Of course NOT!! Kekeke, how can I not miss you? You're always on my mind. Anyways, do your best! Baby hwaiting!


I sighed dejectedly. No surprise visti for Tae today, I guess? I decided to stick around to see if I could find anyone to hang out with for a little. I continued my fun and ever-entertaining game of maze in and out of this dungeon called SM; Oops, I mean building. Until, I stumbled upon Krystal in a practice room all by herself.

"Yahh, what is a beautiful girl doing all by herself?" I called out from the doorway. She looked up from her music sheets, her cheeks tinted with pink. I chuckled to myself as I made my way to take the seat beside her.

"What's up oppa?" she asked casually, putting her music sheets down. I shrugged my shoulders in response to her question. "Are you free oppa? I'm meeting unnie soon, want to tag along?"

"Hmm, I guess I don't have anything better to do right?" I answered cheekily with an equally cheeky smile. Krystal cleaned up her stuff and we left to go meet Jessica. As we were making out way out, we bumped into Nichkhun and Tiffany. The only odd thing was that I was pretty sure they just came out of a nook in the building... And Khun hyung's lips definitely had some smudges lipstick on it... What the hell. I made a note to ask Tae about it later. Khun hyung avoided eye contact with me at all costs. I greeted them politely as my sunbaes, so Fany wouldn’t get any ideas.

“Annyeongseyo sunbaenim,” was all I managed to utter. The sheer awkwardness of the situation was slowly killing me.

Once Krystal was done greeting the pair, I grabbed her hand pulling her along with me. I just had to get out of there and quick. I guess Krystal could sense the urgency in my actions and she didn’t say anything until we were out of sight and earshot of Fany and Khun.

"Yah, oppa! We're supposed to go the other way!" she complained, trying to free herself from my unconsciously strengthening grip. I came back to my senses and let her hand go gently.

"Oh, Mian~" I cooed quietly. She crossed her arms and gave me a quick glare before stomping off. Without any complaints, I followed along obediently. We met Sica in yet another practice room. She looked surprised to see me, at least I got to surprise at least one person today.

"Oppa annyeong!" Sica greeted me animatedly. I smiled, waving back at her nonchalantly. I sat down beside her and Krystal on the floor. "What brings you here oppa?"

"Oh nothing, just wanted to hang out with my favorite pair of siblings," I said with a toothy grin, pinching each of their cheeks for good measure. Big mistake...

"YAH!!" the ice princesses cried out in unison, followed by a simultaneous beating for me. Aishhh jincha, I should have really seen this coming. I didn't really expect Krystal to react like Sica, who I’m used to. I gave them an apologetic smile, rubbing the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"Unnie, didn't you want to practice our duet for the next SMTOWN concert?" Krystal asked Jessica once they both simmered down, much to my relief. After a few times running through their duet “Someday”, with Krystal accompanying Sica on the piano, Krystal’s phone started to ring. “Mianhaeyo unnie~”

“Yoboseyo?” Krystal answered, nodding her head as the other line spoke who knows what. She hung up the phone and looked at us with a frown. “Sorry Unnie, I have to run. Manager oppa called and said a schedule came up. Anyways, have fun you two! Bye!”

“Okay… Sica, you want me to play the piano for you?” I asked, sitting down in front of the piano. I looked to her, waiting for an answer. For a split second, it seemed like something was off about her. Maybe it was just my imagination. I mean… I really am terrible at reading people.

“Mmm… aniyo. I think I’m done for the day… want to go grab some coffee, oppa?” She asked quietly. There was no way I was going to reject an offer for coffee from the ice princess. I smiled and nodded my head yes.  I picked the music sheets and handed them to her.

“So do you want to stay here and get coffee or a nearby café, Sica?” I asked her while gently pinching her cheeks. She gave me a glare before she proceeded to pound my chest indignantly. Aigoo, silly princess. “Anyways, let’s go to a café, I found a cool one recently. The coffee is great!”

The café wasn’t too far away, so we decided take a little stroll. Jess and I covered up of course, with the whole sunglasses get up.  I mean it probably wasn’t the best time to go out together in broad daylight, but we were both experienced in these circumstances. We sat in the back corner of the café away from the big glass windows. I ordered myself a match latte and a hazelnut macchiato for Sica. We caught up with each other, talking about our schedules and making jokes with each other. It was just like old times. Sica and I. Aside from Taeyeon, Sica was my best friend and I honestly don’t know what I would do without her.

“Oh Sica, can I ask you something? Are Fany and Khun dating? I don’t mean to be noisy or anything… but I saw them earlier,” I asked, trying to make sense of what I saw at the company.

“De~ they have been seeing each other for quite sometime now…” She said quietly. Her eyes seemed to be searching my face for any traces of emotions. Honestly at this point, I was just concerned about Yuri. Despite the forgotten feelings, I still cared about her regardless of our past. Nothing can ever change the fact that I genuinely care about her as a person and worry for her well-being.

“So… that means… uh Yuri and Khun hyung ?” I asked awkwardly. I never kept tabs on the two of them. I was too preoccupied with my own problems, trying to forget the pain in my heart in the overwhelming feelings of a broken first love. Thankfully my heart is healed, all thanks to the love of Taeyeon and the advice of Jess.

“Well, oppa… they never really dated. I mean it was casual and it came to a point where they decided that it was best they didn’t date. So they mutually decided to remain just friends,” Jess said matter-of-factly. This bit of new information shocked me. I didn’t want to linger on the past… but if the two of them were merely seeing each other casually.. what did that mean for me? Aish… but everything happens for a reason right?

“Oh… araseo,” I said quietly, still caught up in my own thoughts.

“Oppa, I want to tell you something…” Sica started, she stared at me seriously, catching my attention. I could feel her eyes piercing into me. I nodded, signaling her to continue, giving her my undivided attention. “I think I like you. No, I know I love you, oppa!”

“What??” I asked, quite shocked by Sica’s sudden confession. She looked up at me with those adorable puppy eyes of hers. Oh God, please don’t cry Sica… I don’t know what I would do if I saw you in tears…

“That day you kissed me, all those years ago. I felt something foreign in my chest… I think that’s where all this began,” She said quietly. My eyes widened. I had forgotten about that moment Sica and I kissed all because of my emotionally charged body acted on it’s own accord. Fuuuuu-, that means she waited all these years for me. My inner turmoil was interrupted when my phone rang, talk about timing.

“Hello, yes hyung,” I answered. I nodded to what he said, it was brief phone call but a brief phone call that saved me. “Sica, I have to go back to SM for a meeting with some producers… I promise we’ll talk about this soon.”

I got up and paid the bill. I left the café feeling shocked was to say the least. I felt a little bad leaving Jessica by herself, but it was for the best. I couldn’t risk anything happening between us. I mean, if my body did that way back when, what was stopping it from betraying me again?

I got back to SM and found the conference room hyung told me the meeting was in. In the room I found Yuri and Taeyeon, sitting beside each other. I greeted everyone quickly and took my place on the other side of Taeyeon. I kept my interactions with both Taeyeon and Yuri minimal. The meeting got rolling and we figured out the real reason why the three of us found ourselves during this fated meeting.

"You, Taeyeon and Yuri are going to host this year's Gayo Daejun together!" this particular noona said cheerfully much to my dismay.

"Uh... De?" I impulsively remarked. I could already feel my stomach sinking. This is going to be one hell of an event, filled with awkward interactions. Oh the twists of this tangled love.

"The Gayo Daejun, _______-ssi!" she said once more to clarify my confusion and solidly my approaching fears.

"De, this is a great honor! Kasamnidad!" I said more enthusiastically, bowing deeply to the staff. Oh dear, things would become drastically awkward and tense.


Comment and let me know what you guys think! The story is drawing to a close soon.