Our eyes wide open.

FLY

 

 

  "Haemi ah," mom called me as she poked her head into my room, "are you ready?" she asked. I could smell her strong perfume all the way. "I'll be down in a minute." I said as I triple layered my mascara. We were having dinner with Mr. Kim tonight. I wanted to look pretty for the expensive restaurant. 

  "good evening." I smiled as I opened the door for Mr. Kim. "Haemi." He patted my head. "honey." Mom greeted him with a kiss on the cheek. "shall we?" Mr. Kim said as he escorted my mom out of the door. We rode his car to the said restaurant. 

  "Haemi's such a good girl huh? You cancelled your plans to be with us here." Mr. Kim praised. "I must say I'm sorry that my son was a little busy tonight and he couldn't make it." He said. Wow. I didn't know he had a son. Maybe that’s why they fell in love. They both shared the hardships of being a single parent. How dramatic. 

 

  "haemi, the truth is, this dinner is for us to tell you that," mom paused glancing Mr. Kim's way, "we're getting married." She said. I flinched and almost choked. I swallowed what ever it was blocking my throat and smiled. "that's great!" I smiled. They felt so ecstatic that I wasn't against it at all. "when's the wedding?" I asked casually.

  "we're just going to have a small ceremony on the end of this month." Mom answered me. I was silent as they talked among themselves. "so, does this mean that we're moving in with mr. Kim?" I asked. "yes my dear. And from then on, you can call me appa." He smiled at me. His answer was pretty awkward. 

 

  I wasn't able to go to the ceremony. They told me that their closest friends attended and some of my aunts as well. 

  I lay down on my bed for the last time. I was done packing. All my bags were closed and all the boxes taped, ready for the road. Mom and I got picked up by my new abuji with the moving team. 

  I held onto a backpack that I had with me as he led us into his house. His house was nice. It was spacious and modern. The floors were white marble tiles and the walls were white as well giving it a clean feel to it. There were only a few furniture that were artistically scattered around the whole floor. 

  "let's show Haemi her room." Abuji held onto my back and led me upstairs. When you reached the end of the stairs, there was a corridor to the right and to the left. They led me to the left side of the upper floor. "this will be your new room." Abuji said as he opened the door. It led into a cozy room. "I had this renovated just for you." He boasted. I smiled. It had light wooden floors and the wallpaper was impressive, light pink with embossed lacy prints. It was ready for me to stay in. the bed covers were crisp on the canopy bed. And pink curtains draped on the wall as well. It looked really nice and princess like. "thank you abuji." I bowed 90 degrees. I left my backpack there as we got out of the room. "this is my son's room." He said pointing to the door on the opposite side of the corridor, "he's going to be your new oppa. You'll be meeting him later."

 

  They helped me get my stuff up to my room and they left me alone to arrange it as I pleased. I didn't know that unpacking could be so tiring and time consuming. The sun went down before I could even finish. 

I took a hot shower before going down to have dinner with  my new family. I enjoyed the shower. My new oppa's shower gel was citrus and it smelt so good. 

A sibling. 

I sighed to myself as I drown the outside world with the sound of the shower. What could my new oppa be like? Judging from his shower gel, he might be in touch with his feminine side. I gasped to myself but snickered afterwards. 

  The doorknob was moving. I just stared at it. Maybe it was omma. I couldn't hear anything from the water gushing out of the shower. Someone was knocking now. Who ever it was, was persistent as well. The knocking didn't stop. Maybe omma was getting mad because it was time to eat. I quickly rinsed and put a towel on. Someone was still knocking nonstop. I swung the door open with a little irritation. "alright omma I'll go--" I was stopped in my way. We both had our eyes wide open. I snapped back remembering that I was just in a towel, "Yah Yukwon ssi!! what are you doing here??" I blurted out as I crouched down on the floor covering myself. "I know we bump into each other a lot but this is too much." I complained to myself. I can't believe this. This really couldn't be..

 

Kim Yukwon. 

THE Kim Yukwon.

The one who I loved watching fly…

The one who rejected me a while back…

WAS MY NEW OPPA.

 

"sorry, I'll just be in my room now." He quickly got in and shut the door behind him. I stood up and ran to my room and got dressed. 

   I ran down the stairs to find them all seated around the table. I walked towards them with my head down. I pulled the chair beside omma and sat down. I was just staring at my plate. I couldn't look up and even see his face.

    "ahh, Haemi," abuji called my attention, "this is my son, Yukwon." He slapped Yukwon's back. Yukwon didn't look my way as well. "we know each other papa." Yukwon announced coldly. "um." I nodded. Abuji was completely taken aback. "well that's great. You don't need to be shy towards each other anymore." Omma encouraged us. How could I not be more awkward now that we were living under the same roof. Well, so much for pursuing him. I can't do that now of course. I should look at the bright side though. We were going to see each other more and we were going to be the closest siblings ever. ♡

 

 

------------------

I died imagining Yukwon's eyes WIDE OPEN. ;DD

Please Comment and Subscribe! :)