It wasn't a joke

FLY

 

brackets - text messages. 

 

[Yukwon]: hey about that joke on the bus, It felt a little off. ---he texted me. I was done for. My sarcasm to cover it up didn't work. I breathed in. 

[Haemi]: what joke?

[Yukwon]: the being fated joke.

[Haemi]: I don't remember.

[Yukwon]: 'Maybe fate's waiting for me to say 'hey Yukwon ssi, I like you!' he quoted.

Please kill me now. My life is ruined. 

[Haemi]: oh that. What's so off about it?

[Yukwon]: nothing. It just sounded strange. A bad joke I guess.

[Haemi]: it wasn’t a joke. 

I was only thinking about sending it but I accidentally sent it. My chest was going to burst. 

[Yukwon]: so it’s the truth?

[Haemi]: yes.

[Yukwon.]: are you confessing then?

[Haemi]: yes. If its alright with you.

[Yukwon]: sorry. But you got it all wrong. You just like me because you've seen me dancing. They do say I'm quite charismatic when I dance but that's not the point. Haemi, you're just blinded by that Yukwon. I'd like us to be friends but please don't like me like that.

[Haemi]: no. actually, I genuinely like you. I've seen you off stage more than when you're dancing. And I genuinely like you. But if your rejecting me, its okay. I understand.

[Yukwon]: don't worry, we'll still be friends.

[Haemi]: great! … please forget everything that I've just texted you. ;)

 

  This will be so awkward when we meet again. I didn't lose hope. If he didn't want me to fall for the dancing Yukwon, maybe he wants me to get to know him better first. I'll do my best. Even if I got rejected, my feelings were still the same. I'll just have to try again. 

  Soyeon and I were going to have a picnic today with some of our friends. I brought my share of goods in the form of Manjus and sushi. Soyeon and I were supposed to go to the park to meet the others together but it looks like she grew impatient -I was late for more that an hour- and left. I had to walk to the bus stop carrying the heavy bag with all this food. 

I was going to pass by the street court and how I dreaded it. To my surprise, Yukwon's whole dance team was there. I tried to walk briskly but I couldn't because of my bag. 

"Haemi ssi!" he called me. I stopped and slowly turned my head around to face him. I smiled and waved. "go call her! Stupid!" I heard his friends fuss. "haemi ssi!" he called me again now running towards me. 

  We stood there awkwardly. "long time no see." He smiled at me. "yes. Its been a while." I answered. "where are you going?" he asked. "home." I answered. "where have you been then?" he asked. "ahhh-- nowhere. It just that--- here." I sighed giving him the bag. "what's this?" he asked as he peered into the contents. "my picnic with my friends got cancelled. I can't eat that all by myself so you and your crew can have it." I said. "wow. Did you make this all by yourself?" he asked. There were a lot. More than 100 whole sushi rolls were there. "um." I nodded. He looked into my eyes and smiled, "come on, let's eat it together." He said as he pulled me by my wrist. 

  "ohhhh!" his friends cheered as we approached. "this is Haemi you guys and look what she gave me." Yukwon boasted as he opened the bag. "ohhh! Daebak!" the tall boy clapped. "you made this for Yukwon hyung?" he asked me. "ahh-- aniyo." I waved my hand around, "my picnic with my friends got cancelled." I said. 

  We sat down in a circle and ate. I got introduced to the whole crew and they were all nice. It was from me, counter clockwise, Yukwon, PO, Jaehyo, Jiho, Taeil, Minhyuk, and Kyung. "ahhh daebak." Jiho said as he savored my home made sushi rolls. "yeah. They're really good Haemi." Yukwon agreed. "thanks." I blushed. "this is the first time I've eaten something that's not fast-food! Can you always bring us lunch like this Haemi-ah?" Jiho said again. "hyung!" Yukwon chided at Jiho. "If I have the time and the money." I nodded at him. "yeah!" Jiho and PO shouted. Jiho was quite talkative. 

My phone rang.

I ran away to pick it up. "hello?" I answered. "Haemi where are you? Aren't you coming anymore?" Soyeon called me. "um. I'm not coming anymore. I'm not in the mood anymore." I lied. "that's too bad. Aish. You should've prepared earlier so we could've gone here together." She chided. "maybe next time. Bye soyeon." I hung up. 

When they finished, I was collecting my things. "ahh-- no Haemi, I'll take them home. I'll just give them back to you when I'm done washing them." Yukwon said as I slung the bag onto my shoulder again. "ahh-- no its okay." I smiled, "I can do it." I assured him. 

 
 
 
 
---
Comment and subscribe! :)
Block B Hwaiting!