Leaving You Behind

Candles and Wishes

 

Se Hun didn’t care about how cold his feet were while running around bare footed. The panic within him grew bigger and bigger thinking that he might not be able to catch up with his beloved hyung anymore.

“Hyuuuuuunnng!!” he screamed at the top of his lungs.

Lu Han looked at him with a worried face. He then got off his seat and walked towards Se Hun.

“Oh my god Se Hun! Why did you go out dressed like this?! It’s too cold!” He then put the muffler he was wearing around the younger’s neck to at least warm him a little bit.

“Why didn’t you wake me up? Are you planning to go without telling me?!” His face grew dark as frustrations flowed all over his face. He was catching for his breath real hard while having a tight grip on Lu Han’s wrist.

“I’m sorry. It was too sudden. You were fast asleep and I didn’t want to disturb you since I know you’re pretty tired.” Lu Han answered while looking directly at Se Hun’s eyes.

“It doesn’t matter when it comes to these! You have to tell me everything!” his voice seemed to grow in anger.

“Isn’t Se Hun acting a little too off the hook?” Tao whispered to Kris’ ears.

“Don’t mind them. It’s just a loving quarrel.” Kris whispered back.

Lu Han then sighed knowing that Se Hun has reached his limit. He then cupped the younger boy’s face between his palms and met with Se Hun’s choleric gaze.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back sooner than you think. It will only feel like minutes. Please.. just don’t be mad.” Lu Han tried to plead Se Hun’s anger and it seemed to work effectively.

Se Hun then managed to calm down and took hold of Lu Han’s both hands and put it down.

“Then what about my birthday tomorrow?” he asked while looking at the ground. “I thought I will happily spend it with you.”

“I’ll do my best to greet you tomorrow. I’ll call you, I promise.” Lu Han assured him.

“Well then, fine.” He rolled his eyes then pulled the other for a hug. “Take care over there and don’t you ever lay your eyes over another guy, you understand? Or else I’ll kill you.”

Lu Han giggled about the younger’s threat. “Kill me with what?”

“I don’t know. But I’ll really kill you.”

“Okay then, I promise.” The hug then broke and Lu Han entered the van. Tao then closed the door and the van rushed its way to the airport, leaving the rest of EXO-K in their place.

“Don’t worry Hunny, you’ll still get to enjoy your birthday tomorrow. You still have us remember? Said Chan Yeol.

“Yeah, it can’t be that bad without Lu Han hyung.” Added Baek Hyun.

Se Hun just let out a deep sigh and smiled a little bit to compensate with the encouragement his hyungs had given him.

“Come on now kids! It’s cold and the meal’s ready!” Su Ho shouted from the door wearing his apron.

“Coming mommy!” Shouted Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun racing for the door.

“Come on now Se Hun, I’ll make hot choco for you.” Kai said as he put his arms on Se Hun’s shoulder and they both headed to the door.

“Thanks hyung.”

                                                                                                **********

 

At exactly 4 PM (China time) EXO-M’s interview kicked off with many fans anticipating inside and outside of the studio. Many were screaming upon seeing each of the members. The interview went smoothly but most of the time Lu Han was busy interpreting what the MC says to Xiu Min and Chen though there was an official translator.

Lu Han doesn’t seem to pay attention when the MC called out for him, asking him about something.

“I’m sorry. I drifted into something. What was it again?” Lu Han asked the MC apologizing.

“Ok, I will repeat it again since many of the fans are anticipating for this. You’re well informed that HunHan is greatly shipped by the fans, right?” the MC asked.

“Yes.”

 And since tomorrow will be Se Hun’s 18th birthday, we would like to ask you to personally give him a birthday message right now.” The MC explained.

“Oh, a message for him?” Lu Han answered smoothly.

“Yes.”

“Um.. well..” he cleared his throat. “Se Hun, Happy birthday! I wish you all the best in life and whenever you have problems, you can tell me about it. Hyung will solve it for you.” Lu Han finished with a smile.

“Ahhh… brotherly love. Thank you with that Lu Han.” The MC exclaimed. “Now, to continue with our segment..”

The interview went on for some time. In the near end, the studio staffs prepared a cake for Lu Han, since his birthday is upcoming too. The members sliced it altogether and decided to share it with the fans once they finish streaming.

~

It was almost 8 PM when the group went out of the building and headed for their hotel to get some rest (since they went back to China just hours after they landed from the same place also). Chen, who is not really a traveler, felt weak and suddenly fell asleep on Xiu Min’s shoulder.

“I can’t believe he’s only 19. More like a 40-year-old man to me.” Xiu Min giggled.

“Me too. I think he doesn’t have the appropriate amount of energy for his age. He’s always a sickling.” Lay mocked the sleeping boy jokingly. “Jong Dae-ah, oldie!” he then nudged Chen who was resting peacefully.

Lucky enough Chen was fast asleep or else there would be a riot inside the van. While Tao and Kris were busy sharing drinks together, Kris suddenly noticed how Lu Han was getting quiet. Upon seeing a sad expression on Lu Han’s face he then tapped its back and asked what’s wrong.

“I just feel bad that I can’t be with Se Hun on his birthday. I was the one who was talking and planning about everything but in the end I just left him hanging. Damn, I am such a good for nothing hyung to him.” Lu Han buried his face on his hands.

“Hey don’t think of that! You’ve been a really good hyung to him. So don’t think of something like that against yourself. Don’t worry, you can still call him and update about his party. Come on, it’s not that bad.” Kris comforted.

Lu Han painted a smile on his face as a sign of gratefulness for Kris.

“Come on, try to call him now.”

“Okay.” Lu Han reached for his pocket trying to search for his phone. After a quite long search, he realized that he doesn’t have his phone anymore.

“Did anybody see my phone? I can’t seem to find it.” Lu Han clamored.

“Maybe it’s in your backpack.” Lay responded.

Lu Han searched for it in his backpack too but found no sign of it.

“It’s still not here!”

“Maybe you left it in the changing room in the studio. Wait up, I’ll call the manager. I’ll ask him to look for it there.”

Lu Han just nodded and waited for Kris and the manager to finish their talk.

“I’m sorry Lu Han, but the manager said that he couldn’t find your phone there.” Kris said sadly. “Don’t worry. You’ll have another one.”

“But I have to call Se Hun for his birthday!”

“You can use my phone” Xiu Min offered.

“But Se Hun never answers our call, except if it’s Lu Han.” Lay explained.

“Oh yeah. Now that you said it, I realized that he never have answered any of my calls.” Tao added.

“It’s still no use. Se Hun just changed his number the other day. And I think I’m the only one who got his contact as of now.” Lu Han mumbled.

“Well we got big problem.” Kris continued. “But maybe we can ask the other members to greet him for you. That won’t be a bad idea.”

“Okay, I’ll try.” Lu Han answered briefly.

When the members reached their designated rooms in their hotel, everybody then hurried to wash up then go to sleep since they’ll have 4 more interviews tomorrow.

While the others may have landed in their dreamland, Lu Han was still unable to sleep thinking of a way how to get in touch with Se Hun. Of course he knows Se Hun will really get angry with him once he doesn’t get to greet him. The clock then twelve and there’s only thing that bursted into his mind, “Happy Birthday, Se Hun.”, he whispered softly. He then laid his body onto the bed and curled up his knees up to his chest knowing that he won’t be the first person to greet his beloved.