Milks and Beers

Candles and Wishes

Lay brought Lu Han to the nearest river around. He thinks it’s the best way to at least refresh the mind of the older. He then put a coat around Lu Han’s shoulder and handed him a can of beer.

“I heard that it’s better to let it out on a bottle of beer than to bare that pain all over your neck.” Lay then gulped the alcohol sitting next to his hyung.

Lu Han let out all the frustrations deep within his heart, while Lay just sat close to him listening eagerly. After each sentence he speaks, he guzzles his drink causing him to get drowsy all of the sudden. He suddenly got up on his feet and walked in zigzag heading to the river.

Oh shoot. I forgot he’s not really a drinker.

Lay then ran after his hyung and catch its waist before it fell down on its knees. Lu Han was moving so much that his phone dropped on the ground.

“H-hey hy-hyung! Don’t move too much! You’re quite heavy you know!”

Lu Han eyed him with those drowsy eyes and grabbed Lay by the neck. “What did you say? Are you saying your hyung is heavy?? You’re a rude kid!” Lu Han grumbled while hitting Lay’s chest.

He just sighed and reached for Lu Han’s phone. A smirk formed on his face upon seeing Se Hun’s picture as Lu Han’s wallpaper. A thought then crashed into his mind and decided to call Se Hun all of the sudden.

Come on kid. Pick up.

~

Se Hun was busy surfing the net when he noticed his phone vibrating. Without looking at the caller’s I.D, he answered it without paying much attention.

“Ahneong haseyo?” Se Hun answered.

“Hey there kiddo.” Se Hun then recognized it was Lay’s voice and took a pause to see the caller’s I.D. This is Lu Han hyung’s new phone number. Why is he the one using it? “Isn’t this Lu Han’s phone? Why are you the one holding it?” he asked in a curious tone.

“Well unfortunately, I’m stuck with this drunken man.”

“What! Who made him drink?”

“Well..It was me. I thought it will be a good stress reliever.”

“Why did you do that! You know he’s not much of a drinker!”

“Yah! Don’t blame me! I was just trying to help since he’s depressed and all.”

“Yi Xing..Who are you talking to?” Lu Han said in an obvious drunken tone.

Se Hun froze by hearing Lu Han’s voice after a very long time. He has been avoiding his calls since his birthday and this incident made him miss Lu Han all over again.

“I’m talking to Se Hun.” Lay answered the boy.

. He shouldn’t have told that. Se Hun thought.

“Se-Se Hun?!” As if in a normal condition, Lu Han grabbed the phone out of Lay’s hand. “S-Se Hun.. Se Hun..”

He can hear Lu Han’s voice shaking and starting to crack up. This tone made his voice to shake too, though he did not say anything in response.

“I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.” Tears were flowing on his cheeks again. “You know hyung couldn’t bare all of this right?”

Though all he can hear was silence as a response, he never stopped talking. When he set loose everything inside his heart towards the phone, all of his emotions flowed as he said the next phrase..

“I miss you so much, Se Hun..”

Pain was rising all over Se Hun’s neck.I miss you too. don’t say that.

“Go home now. And drink something warm. It will help you get rid of your drunkenness.” Se Hun said normally.

“What? I’m in the middle of apologizing here and all you’ve got to say is about my drunkenness?!” Lu Han’s voice raised in annoyance.

“Lu Han go home! Don’t be so stubborn.”  Se Hun answered back holding in his annoyance towards the drunk boy.

“You’re the one being stubborn! Can’t you just forgive me and we’ll be through all of this nonsense?”

“Nonsense? You’re taking this as nonsense?!”

“Hey! You’re fighting all over again! You’re making things worse.”  Lay tried to grab the phone from Lu Han but failed.

“Se Hun-ah.” Lu Han’s voice seemed to soften again.

The younger intended to respond but was cut in by the phrase of the older on the other line.

“You’re hurting me..”

His heart swelled with guilt as he suddenly found his eyes soaked with his own tears, the older’s line seemed to strike him directly to the heart. He then heard continuous beeps on the line and realized the call already ended before he could even respond to Lu Han. What Se Hun didn’t know was Lu Han already collapsed on the other side.

“Ahh! What was I thinking! I shouldn’t have brought him here.”  Lay placed Lu Han on his back and carried him piggy back style.

To: Se Hun

Fr: Lu Han

I’m bringing him back to the hotel now. He’s drunk, please try to understand his behavior earlier. Lay.*

Fr: Se Hun

To: Lu Han

It’s okay. I understand. Give him a glass of milk first thing in the morning tomorrow. It will help him get rid of his hangover.*

To: Se Hun

Fr: Lu Han

Got it. He’ll be sleeping in my room tonight. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of your Hannie.*

Se Hun didn’t reply anymore. He felt guilty for being cold towards Lu Han. You should just forgive him, Se Hun. You’re both hurting too much. Can’t you just forget about everything?