Frustrations

Candles and Wishes

 

12:00 A.M 12/04/12 (Seoul, South Korea)

The boys were partying hard in one of the most well-known bars in Seoul. Despite of the hard music and pretty girls around the corner, Se Hun was busy staring at the screen of his phone eagerly waiting for someone’s caller ID to pop up. And no doubt, that someone is surely Lu Han.

“Hey come on, man! Take a break on staring at your phone! Drink up! You’re legal now ma brotha!” Kai cheered as he and the members yelled “yeah!” in unison and tossing their bottles with one another.

“Yah, Se Hun-ah. Would you just chill? There are many pretty girls around. Ready to hit on someone?” said Baek Hyun who was obviously half drunk.

Chan Yeol who was beside the half drunk boy then grab him by the ear and said, “Hey, let the birthday boy be! He’s just waiting for his Lu Hannieeee~!” Obviously, they’re pretty good at teasing when drunk. Su ho then pushed the two boys away from Se Hun and sat next to him, looking at how the younger’s face display a horrifying face.

“You okay, Se Hun?”

Se Hun let out a deep sigh. “He said he’ll call me, but up until now he hasn’t.”

“Maybe he fell asleep. He had a hard day, I can tell.” Su ho said.

“He’s not that type of guy. He’s always the first one to greet me on my birthday.” Se Hun explained.

“Well, I think maybe something important happened that he still hasn’t greeted you.”

“Hyung..”

“Hm?” Su Ho looked at his worried dongsaeng. “What’s the matter?”

“Do you think Lu Han forgot about me because he’s hanging around with his Chinese folks this time?”Se Hun can’t deny the fact that many people wants to mingle with Lu Han. For the past 4 years, he was like an over protective mother towards Lu Han. He doesn’t want Lu Han to get close with others.

“Well that’s possible. But I don’t think they still have the energy to party with their schedule.”

Se Hun hummed. “Maybe he found someone.” He started being hysterical again.

Su Ho nudged him softly then said, “Knock it off. Lu Han isn’t that kind of person, and you know that! It’s already obvious that you’re both special to each other, so please trust him a little bit more.”

Se Hun lifted his head and rested it against the wall that supports his back. “You’re right hyung. Thanks for reminding me.”

Su Ho just smiled and tapped his shoulder before leaving. Se Hun just let out his frustrations over bottles of beer and joining in the craziness of the room.

At 4 A.M they all crashed on their living room with no intention of going to their rooms. All of them passed out with all the alcohol they had taken in. They were like little children having a sleepover with all of them hugging each other. That was Se Hun’s first day as a legal man, with no sign of Lu Han greeting him.

~

Se Hun woke up feeling a hard thing on top of his chest, he rubbed his eyes and stretched a little only to realize Baek Hyun’s right foot was on top of him. He immediately snapped out of his position and felt a hammer-like pain hitting his head.

Hangover. Damn, it hurts like .

Se Hun remembered it’s still his birthday. He then grabbed his phone out of his pocket only to see no messages or calls coming from Lu Han.

“What is he trying to play? Is he trying to ignore me?” he whispered.

From: Se Hun

To: Lu Han

Hyung, it’s my birthday! Why aren’t you greeting me? T_T

Sent: 09:26 A.M

Se Hun sighed then decided to get up. He looked at his hyungs and let out a soft laugh upon realizing how cute they are while sleeping. Chan Yeol’s leg was on Baek Hyun’s belly, while Kai and D.O are hugging Su Ho (who almost seems like choked) tightly.

He made his way to the kitchen and opens the fridge. He reached for his milk bottle and realized there was a sticky note attached on it.

Se Hunnie, I’m leaving now. Sorry if I didn’t wake you up. I’ll make it up to you once I get back here. Drink milk every morning, okay? Be sure not to catch a cold.

-Lu Han hyung

 

“So he managed to leave a note on my milk but can’t greet me on a special day? Pathetic.” Se Hun crumpled the paper in his hand and tossed it to the trash can.

Even though Se Hun was slightly angry at Lu Han, he kept checking on his phone whole day anticipating to see Lu Han’s name to appear on the screen. But to his great dismay, it was already 15 minutes before 12 A.M and he still hasn’t received even just a text message from Lu Han.

“Oh great. Now I’m really angry.” He fumed.

 

                                                                                ********************

Meanwhile, in China.

EXO-M had just exited a party their manager told them to attend. Lu Han checked his watched and jumped as he realized it’s already 11:50.

“Omo. What do I do? I still haven’t greeted Se Hunnie!” he startled.

“You can use my phone. I bet he’s still awake.” Their manager offered.

“But he just changed contacts.”

“What do you think of me? I’m a manager remember? I have each of your current contacts.” The manager explained.

“Really!? Please let me greet him!” Lu Han exclaimed almost jumping on his feet.

“Relax! Here you go.”

Lu Han then made distance to greet Se Hun. He then started to type his greeting.

To: Se Hun

Se Hun-ah! I’m really really sorry that I didn’t greet you much earlier! I lost my phone yesterday and nobody seemed to have your new contact. I’m terribly sorry for not being there with you. Are you doing well? I hope you are. Congratulations on being legal at last! Please take care of yourself and be healthy. I’ll comeback as soon as I can. I miss you so much Se Hunnie. Happy Birthday! :*

From: Lu Han hyung

Sent: 12:01

Lu Han held the phone close to his chest hoping that Se Hun will receive his greeting on time.

                                                                ***********************

Seoul, South Korea

Se Hun was sitting beside his window looking at the starless sky. He snapped his head to look at his phone when it received a message.

He then opened it and read Lu Han’s greeting. Anger rose all over himself again.

“Look who decided to greet me.” He said sarcastically.