Tears to Kisses

Candles and Wishes

EXO-M was out on the beach eagerly waiting for Lu Han’s birthday.

“Hey guys, you don’t need to do this. It’s too cold, we might get sick.” Lu Han insisted to the members convincing them to stay inside of the rest house.

“It’s fine hyung, and besides were having a campfire right now. How cold can it be?”Tao insisted while roasting his mallows.

Chen suddenly sneezed hard making the members turn their heads toward him. “I-it’s really okay Lu Han hyung.” He smiled.

Lu Han just sighed looking at Chen’s red nose.

“Aigoo, you’re such a weakling.” Xiu Min said while putting his coat on Chen. “Drink more vitamins, it’s quite bothersome taking care a 19 year old you know?”

“I’m sorry hyung.” Chen sniffed looking at the ground.

Xiu Min then pulled a hanky out of his pocket and put it on Chen’s nose, “Okay. Blow it all off.”

Lu Han reached for his phone in his pocket when he felt it vibrating.

To: Lu Han

Fr: Wu Chun

Are you still up? I’m outside your hotel.*

What is he doing there?

To: Wu Chun

From: Lu Han

We’re out on the beach. Just wait, I’ll catch you there.*

“I have to go back to the hotel.” Lu Han said.

“Did you left anything? I’ll go with you.” Kris offered.

“Its okay, Wu Chun’s there so I have to fetch him.”

 “You mean that Se Hun looking guy?” Tao asked.

“Y-yeah. But I’ll get back here quickly. Bye guys.” He ran out quickly.

 

“What is that guy planning to do? He’s sticking with Lu Han too much lately these days.” Lay muttered.

“Maybe he just wants to hang out with him since they haven’t seen each other for like ages.” Kris suggested.

“Well that’s still creepy.” Lay was about to drink from his cup when he noticed his phone flashing.

“Now who might this be?” he cleared his throat then answered the call. “Hello, who’s this?”

“Hyung! What hotel are you guys staying?” the guy asked on the other line.

Wait. Am I hearing the right voice?

“Se Hun? Is that you?”

~

Lu Han went out of his cab just right in front where Wu Chun stood waving at him.

“What are you doing here this late? It’s too cold.” Lu Han worried.

Wu Chun smiled and leaned a little closer to Lu Han, “Hmm, I see you’re back to normal again.”

“Normal?” Lu Han asked while avoiding his gaze. Wu Chun stand up straight again and said “Well, I was observing you for the past few days.”

Observing me? Why would he do that?

“And I noticed you’re not acting the same as usual.”

“Well, maybe I just changed. It’s been 11 years since we last hang out so I think that’s why.”

Wu Chun hummed while walking away a bit. “Uh-huh. And that’s why I’m here.”

“What do you mean?” Lu Han had a knot on his forehead.

“To catch up with the 11 years I lost with you.”

Lu Han didn’t think he understood what Wu Chun just said. His thoughts were broken when he heard the other chuckle so hard while earnestly looking at him. “Come with me, I have loads to say to you.”

“But I need to go back to the beach, my friends are waiting for me.” He insisted.

“Come on, a few minutes wouldn’t hurt right?” the other pleaded while opening the door of his car for the other.

It took quite a while before Lu Han nodded in agreement and when he was just about to get in the car, an arm blocked him from behind.

“I’m sorry, but I’m afraid Lu Han has to go somewhere else with me tonight.” Lu Han shook his head in disbelief upon hearing that very familiar voice and when he snapped his head to confirm it, there the boy was, eyeing Wu Chun with his death defying glare.

“S-Se Hun.” Lu Han’s jaw drop upon seeing the younger’s face. “W-what are you--” he felt a forceful grip on his wrist which drag him all the way out of the place. He couldn’t hear all the yelling Wu Chun made to get him back for he drowned on his thoughts while watching Se Hun’s beautiful back.

The next thing Lu Han realized was that Se Hun brought him to the nearest park, still having a tight grip on him even he wasn’t facing him at all. Silence covered the atmosphere which made it more intense for the both of them to speak.

“Se Hun?” Lu Han spoke first. “Aren’t you supposed to be in--” Before he could even finish his question, Se Hun turn towards him and crashed his lips hardly against his. He can taste the bitterness of pain deep within their kiss, and he could feel how much the boy longed for him by the way he held him. After a short while, Lu Han responded to his kisses and made it even sweeter, he turned Se Hun’s pain into this candy like sweet feeling that he can’t seem to get enough of. And when the kiss broke, they just stared at each other’s eyes, examining every detail of their features that they missed while they were hundred miles away from each other.

“I’m sorry. I should have let you explain first.” Tears were forming at the corner of the younger’s eyes. “I shouldn’t have doubted you, and should have trusted you despite of all things.” He couldn’t bare the pain anymore and tears were streaming down his cheeks now. “I’m sorry for being too shallow.”

“Ssshhh…” Lu Han shushed the younger boy as he reached for his hands and entwine them. “Come here.” He pulled the other for a tight hug, “It doesn’t matter anymore, okay? Please stop crying. It hurts me when I see you crying.” Lu Han kissed the tears away and a soft smile started to line on Se Hun’s lips.

“I love you.. I love you.. I love you so much.” His voice was almost inaudible, but it was soft enough for Lu Han to hear it.

This time, Lu Han was the one to pull the other for a long sweet kiss grabbing hold of Se Hun’s collar.

“I wouldn’t kiss you this tenderly if I don’t love you as much as you love me, right?” He giggled as they once more hugged each other. “I love you too, Oh Se Hun.”

At that exact moment, the clock twelve and Se Hun looked dearly at his beloved while touching the other’s cheek.

“Happy Birthday, Lu Han.”