Cakes and Confessions

Candles and Wishes

The next morning, Lay followed what Se Hun said. As soon as Lu Han woke up, he handed him a glass of warm milk and help him sit up straight to drink.

“Did I really drink that much?” Lu Han said scratching the back of his head.

“Well not really, it’s just that you guzzle it everytime you speak so you got drunk so easily.” Lay confirmed.

“Really?” he drink his milk slowly and handed it back to Lay after finishing. “Thanks dongsaeng.”

“Don’t thank me, I just followed what Se Hun instructed me.”

“Se Hun instructed you?”

“He said to give you a glass of milk first thing in the morning so that your head won’t hurt too much.”

“Really? He said that??” he widened his eyes in disbelief.

“Yeah.” He then stood up. “You should take a shower now, were leaving at 8.”

“Okay.” Lu Han went out of bed. “I’ll go back to my own room now. Thanks for the help Lay.”

“Sure thing.”

Before turning the knob of the door, he ce more. “Oh, can I ask you one more thing?”

“What is it?”

“Can you tell the manager that I’ll be late a little?”

“Why?”

“I have to fetch a cake. But I’ll follow you guys soon after I finish.”

“What? You’re getting a cake for yourself already? Wouldn’t that taste bad tomorrow?”

“It’s not for my birthday tomorrow, you dummy. Hahaha.” He laughed looking at Lay’s confused face. “Just tell the manager I’ll be late. Okay? Bye.” Lu Han left the room.

“Ugh. I won’t dare to eat a rotten cake tomorrow.” Lay nag to himself.

~

EXO-K was on their way back to their dorm after a long day of hard work. Se Hun was tapping his right foot in rhythm with the music he was listening to. Kai, who was sitting beside him pulled one of his earphones and blew air inside his lobe.

“Kai hyung! Why did you do that!?” Se Hun hates it when someone does that to him. It irritates him and turns his ears red.

“Hahaha! Your ears are turning red again Hun!” Kai giggled.

“Ha-ha-ha. That’s not funny.” He put his earphone back but Kai pulled it once more. “What?”

“So… I remember its Lu Han hyung’s birthday tomorrow.”

“And?”

“Do you have any plans of making up on his birthday?”

“Even if I have any, I won’t dare to tell. Coz I know you’ll be the one to spill the surprises first all over again.”

“Hey last year was just an accident!”

“Yeah it was an accident when you shouted all over the house that I prepared a beach dinner for Lu Han.” He raised his brow while saying it sarcastically.

“But I didn’t know he was already at the door.” He pouted.

“Yeah right.”

“Okay kids, we’re here. Go to bed directly, okay?” their manager instructed.

“Yes hyung.” One by one they get out of the van but the manager suddenly called for Se Hun. “What is it hyung?” Se Hun asked approaching the man.

“I forgot to hand you something.” He reached for something behind his seat. “Here.” He handed him a cake box. “I think it came all the way from China.” He winked.

Se Hun just stared at his manager.

“Go inside now, its cold. Go to bed already.”

“Ah- y-yes hyung.” He ran inside the house without eyeing each member he passes by.

He still decided to send me a gift after I acted cold at him? Se Hun sighed and put the box at his desk.

“I don’t deserve to receive kindness from him. I was.. really bad. Ugh! Se Hun you idiot!” he sat down on his seat abruptly and opened his laptop.

The first thing he saw once he surf the net shot electric impulses all over his body. His eyes widen while reading the headline he saw silently.

Lu Han admits he’s currently in love with someone.

His heart trembled and his pulses seemed to overrate. Come on Se Hun, pull yourself together. He clicked on the link and saw a video that summarizes the topic of the article, it was during an interview EXO-M shot earlier today.

The MC was talking with the members about their love life’s and when it was Lu Han’s turn, everybody was surprised upon hearing Lu Han’s confession.

“To be honest, I am actually in love with someone right now.”

Even his co-members widened their eyes because they didn’t expect to hear Lu Han open up such a thing.

“OH REALLY!? The atmosphere suddenly hyped up. “Then can you tell us a little more about it?”

“As of the moment, we’re not really in a good condition.” He shook his head.

“Why?? Did something happened?” the MC earnestly asked.

“I did something wrong. I wasn’t able to fulfill a promise, and since we’re far from each other now we can’t seem to work things out smoothly.”

“Aww. That’s too bad. Can you tell us briefly where the both of you met?”

“We met about 4 years ago when I first entered SM building for training.”

“So it means that this special of yours is also an SM trainee during your time!”

Lu Han just nodded and smile.

“We got close so easily because we attended the same dance and vocal classes.”

The crowd “ooohh-ed” in amusement.

“So do you have to say something to this someone?”

 “Yes please.”

“Go ahead.” The MC smiled.

He cleared his throat and sat up straight. “Se- ah. I mean, you know who you already are.” He smiled smoothly. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to greet you on your birthday and I acted rudely on some instances. I really, really did my best to, but in the end my efforts seemed useless. I want you to know that I miss you so much and I hope we can work things out as soon as possible. Please take care of yourself and stay healthy.” He bowed and finished his sentence.

Se Hun closed his laptop immediately and buried his face on his hands. He reached for the cake box on his far right and decided to open it. His heart melted upon seeing what was written on the cake.

I LOVE YOU. I CANT AFFORD TO LOOSE YOU.

After a short while he stood up, grabbed his coat and went out of the door.

“Se Hun, where are you going? It’s late already.” Su Ho asked who just finished brushing his teeth.

Se Hun who was reaching for the door answered hastily, “I need to catch a plane.” He then hurriedly went out of the house.

What? Where is he going!? “Se Hun! Come back here! It’s late!”

“Don’t worry hyung, I’ll be back sooner than you know it!” He then open the door and went inside the cab.

“Y-Yah!” Su Ho tried to catch up with his dongsaeng but failed to do so at the end. He ended up sitting on the door messing his hair. “Now I’ll be the one to get all the scolding.”