Chapter 8

Infinitely Yours

 

Chapter


“Is she your girlfriend, oppa?” Jieun asked to him when they were walking to the seat where Suzy sat.

“She is just my tour guide,”

Jieun nodded as the sign she understood.

“So, can we talk now?” Taecyeon asked, broke the silent atmosphere around them.

Jieun looked at her fiancée, Wooyoung liked she asked for the permission. Wooyoung got it and left them alone. He walked to Suzy’s seat.

Annyeonghaseyo! May I sit there?” Wooyoung asked Suzy when Suzy was about to take her iPod out of her bag. Suzy lifted her head up and nodded after looked at Wooyoung.

“Oh…Annyeonghaseyo,” Suzy said.

After they greeted each other, the silent came to them and they were thinking about their own mind as Suzy tried to look at Taecyeon and Jieun. They looked so serious talked each other on the few seats in front of them.

‘Taecyeon found Jieun already, so what else?’

**

 

“Taecyeon oppa, how are you?”

Taecyeon turned his look from the cup of cappuccino to Jieun, who supposed to be his fiancée. She didn’t change, her way to talk, her way to smile and even she changed, Taecyeon didn’t sure he would notice it.

“What do you think?”

Jieun smiled, yet sighed. “Apparently, oppa was still the same,”

Taecyeon glanced at Jieun. “What do you mean with was the same?” 

Jieun looked at him confusedly. Taecyeon didn’t know anything about her mind, what she thought about her even though they were together for about five years. Until that time, Taecyeon still didn’t know what the reason Jieun to break up their engagement was.

“Oppa still… a rigid people,”

Taecyeon wasn’t unaware that he was a stiff person, what he didn’t know was about Jieun who didn’t like his stiff personality.

“Why…?” He asked cautiously.

“Because when we’re together, a lot people said that we fit each other because of our similar personalities, aren’t they?” Jieun asked. “But, we could never be really happy,”

Taecyeon looked at Jieun deeply. He didn’t move his stared even for a while.

“But…we’re too similar, oppa. Both of us are rigid people. Both of us are serious people. Both of us are human machine,” She said while she starred out at the windows, remembered that time when they were together. “When we met, we didn’t have another topic to talk out of politics, our work, ours studied. We’re strict. We’re rigid. We almost never talked about our relationship, about what should we do later for our relationship.”

Taecyeon felt his heart beat. It was all true.

“We were together for almost five years, oppa. And we never talked about our relationship. We thought that our relationship was reasonable. We thought that we would make it together,” Jieun continued. “And almost five years too, our relationship has been platonic. It was bored. We’re tired. We weren’t a lover anymore, we’re a partner.”

“Did you really think like that?” Taecyeon asked sarcastically, made Jieun nodded slightly and smiled to him.

“When I was here, when I met Wooyoung, I found something new. He made my heart skip a beat. He made my emotions worked for the first time. He made me fall to him in different way.  And it was something that I never got from you, oppa,” Jieun answered. “He gave what you didn’t give to me, oppa. He taught me the right way to fall in love. I felt happy. I felt needed. I felt loved. For the first time,” She finally said her point.

Taecyeon resisted himself from not crying that time.

“After all this time, you think I didn’t feel happy? You think I didn’t need you? You think I didn’t love you?” Taecyeon questioned her, he felt lose. He felt useless. He felt…hurt.

“I don’t know oppa,” Jieun answered weakly while Taecyeon rested his back to the seat back. “You never told me, oppa. We never shared about our feeling, we even never said love. Did you feel you made me happy? Did you need me? Did you love me? I don’t know the answer, oppa.”

Taecyeon starred at her, she changed… a lot. Korea changed her… That guy, Wooyoung, changed her.

“Both of us are introverted person. Both of us can’t expressed our feeling well,” Jieun glanced at Taecyeon and took her deep breath before she continued. “We’re too similar, oppa. The identical pole would reject each other. That’s happened to us.”

Taecyeon swept his eyes to the others spot, as long as it wasn’t Jieun. He didn’t want to hear that words, but his mind agreed her. She was true. He knew it.

“Oppa,” Jieun leaned her body closer to Taecyeon. “Oppa have to try to open your heart for someone else, like me. Now, I find my happiness,”

“You aren’t happy with me,” Taecyeon said weakly.

Jieun shook her head. “I was very happy when you said you love me. I was so happy when you asked me to be your girl friend. But, it couldn’t stay any longer. My heart changed. That love changed to be sibling’s love. My feeling to Wooyoung is different, oppa. That’s why… I will marry him.”

Taecyeon shut his eyes off. Finally, he heard it directly from . He could let the tears fall down anytime. But he didn’t do it. It was right, he was here to ask her the reason why she was leaving him, but he never thought it would be this hurt when he heard it. That time, Taecyeon hoped he never heard anything from Jieun.

“Oppa,” Jieun put her right hand to Taecyeon’s hand, made Taecyeon could see her engagement ring clearly that time. “Let me be happy with this guy. I have chosen this guy to live with. He colored my life with his own way. When I’m with him, I feel like I’m the happiest people in this world,”

“Do you…really love him?”

Jieun nodded with all of her faith. “I like it when I’m with him. When I’m with oppa, I always tried to be a different people. I always tried to make you proud to have a girlfriend like me. I couldn’t express my feeling,”

Taecyeon felt his heart was slice with the most sharpened knife.

“Don’t you feel the same way, oppa? You were working hard to make me proud of you, you choose your topic carefully and without you know it, you have built a high and strong wall between us,” She continued, continued tortured his heart.

“I’m not a mind reader, oppa. But I know about your mind. We’re so similar. So…will you let me to be happy with this guy?”

Taecyeon gulped and he couldn’t hear anything from Jieun, again. She was right. So right until Taecyeon couldn’t deny her words even for one word. For five years, he always tried to prove himself to Jieun that he was the most eligible candidate to be her future. He always worked hard to impress Jieun. He always did everything carefully. He always tried to hold his feeling.

“Oppa needs to start new relationship,” Jieun said while she glanced her eyes out of the window, looked at Wooyoung and Suzy were laughing together, they chatted exciting to others. “Maybe you need to start with her, your tour guide,”

Taecyeon scratched his head and glanced out, followed Jieun’s sight. He shook his head when he looked Suzy was clapping her palms and laughing hard with Wooyoung.

“No, Thanks,” He said immediately when he looked at Suzy suddenly danced in front of Wooyoung. “She is annoying girl, yet so hyperactive,”

Jieun laughed slightly, “So, what do you think about Wooyoung?”

Taecyeon looked out a window again. Then, he could see clearly that Wooyoung dance with Suzy already, imitated Suzy’s dance. Taecyeon could feel he was suddenly felt his head was aching.

“Oppa should try first. People like them mostly will comfort us,” Jieun laughed when she saw her fiancée danced with awkward movements. “Even they’re a little… different,”

Taecyeon sighed.

“Oppa, I asked for your blessing once again. Do you blessing my wedding with him?” Jieun asked.

“If you are happy, I have no reason for saying no,” Taecyeon smiled weakly and looked out again while Jieun smiled brightly.

“Hmm…when will you go back to US, oppa?” She asked. “The wedding will be on five days later. Do you want to come to my wedding?” She smiled.

“Are you planning to kill me?” Taecyeon asked sarcastically. “You don’t think I’m going to come and see you walk to the altar, wearing a wedding dress and going to say a vow with another man, do you?”

“Hmm…No.”

Then the silent came over them again. Taecyeon looked at Suzy who was singing and dancing on the sidewalk while there are so many people watched them. Wooyoung was the weirdest man he ever met, just like Suzy. Taecyeon thought about Jieun’s words again, it might be possible for him to start the relationship with…the weird girl?

He shook his head. ‘It’s obviously impossible,’

While he was watching Suzy out the window, Jieun looked at him and grinned. He was like her when the first time she found Wooyoung. She hated him for his weird action, but that was something different that made her in love, something different. She looked at Suzy and her fiancée. She was sure Suzy would make Taecyeon in love. Taecyeon deserve a happy ending, just like her.

Jieun laughed slightly when she looked Suzy had been doing encore before she noticed that Taecyeon widened his eyes.

**


 

A/N : So, work hard to think about this chapter. Thank you for reading, I need your comment T^T
With your comment I can improve my skill and know what do you want :< 
End for WooIU :< They're just cameo, anyways but I love milky couple :3