Chapter 4

Fate Will Find A Way

 

As you stare blankly to the floor, recalling those things just happened, refreshing your memory of how you just answered JiYong back, especially the part where you stared at each other for a while. It started to bother you. You really felt different looking into his eyes. Well, you can’t even recall how long did it take.  But the way you feel it seem so enthusiastic. As if someone is telling you to do it again and again.

You were in the of recalling it, running from the library, a guy approaches you. You didn’t saw him at first, until he talked to you and sits beside you.

“__________________~ah,  are you okay ?”, he said as he pats your shoulders

You looked at your side and saw your best friend, Kang DaeSung.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry”, you said with a smile

DaeSung is your childhood friend and of course, best friend. He is a year older than you. He is a very supportive person, no matter what. He never fails to make you happy whenever you are sad or hurt. How he does it? Well, there are these things only he can do, like making you laugh all day. Singing is also his way to make your day. Though a quite clumsy at times, he makes sure all the people around him aren’t hurt. He’s very gentle when needed, and treats you like his little sister.

            He gave you a smile, and starts to help you pick-up the books. You weren’t focused on what you were doing, as books even slip out of your hands. You keep on saying sorry, every time you do.

            “I saw what happened.  All of it…” , he said as he gets the book that had fallen out of your hands

            You looked at him as he gets up and stares at you. You then see his right hand going to you forehead, tapping it hard.

            “Ouch !”, you shouted in pain

            Like a real brother, he does it whenever he knows you did something wrong. But this time, he hit you quite hard.

            “Why did you do that to JiYong?”, he said , as concern can be seen his eyes.

           

“I don’t know, I’m also asking the same question. Is it adrenaline rush, maybe? Doing something unexpectedly when you are so nervous.”  You said while trying to make fun out of the situation.

           

“I wish that adrenaline of yours should be kept and controlled. You really didn’t do it in a right way.”, he said while grabbing some books you were carrying.

But I tell you , I’m not really scared of him.”,you said

“Not scared, eh ? I saw your hands trembling with fear earlier.”, he said

“Okay, You win! “, you said as you started to walk , and go inside the library.

           

The library is quite big. About 10 to 12 shelves were placed and arranged inside. There were still a few people inside, you could see them doing their assignments in those round tables placed just few steps away from the shelves. You suddenly stopped, and looked at the librarian’s desk, and you didn’t see your aunt there.

 

DaeSung, who already placed and arranged those books he was carrying, called you. He was on the third shelf from the left. You saw him and went there right away.

 

           

            “Where is she?”, you asked him in a low voice

            “Your aunt? She already went out, she said she’ll be doing some things at home.”, he said like a whisper

            “Aish . I told her to wait for me…”, you said as you were placing books back to the shelf.

            “…Ya ! Do you think JiYong would really do something bad to me ?”, you continued

           

“I don’t know. Maybe. Imagine, he already did it to two students, how can he possibly not do the same to you? Ah! Why don’t you try not entering the class tomorrow? Or transfer school already? I’m scared for you; I’m scared of JiYong also. Aish ! How can I help you?”, DaeSung said with a sigh

 

“I can’t do that. And besides, I think he can’t do anything to me. All those past incidents happened to guys, right? I don’t think he has the courage to hurt a girl.”, you said

 

“Yeah, that’s the main thought. You are the first girl in the campus to be threatened by JiYong, no one knows what he’ll do to you.”, he said with worry in his eyes.

“Well, if he does something to me, I’ll do the same to him.”, you said with a smile as you then hold his wrist, dragging him out the library.

 

“I don’t believe you, there is only one person who always gets beaten by you.”he said

You then stopped walking, and you remembered you were looking for someone earlier.

“Aish…Lee SeungHyun !”, you said in a loud voice.

 

“Easy, easy. I’ll tell you where he is but don’t make any trouble.”  , he said while trying to calm you down

 

DaeSung already knows what SeungHyun did. Well, this young man does it every time, in everyday. DaeSung never mingles to your business with SeungHyun, he already knows you can handle it well.

“I saw him near the soccer field. He is sitting on the last bench, you already know it, his favorite spot…”, DaeSung said as he gets your bag from your back.

“…I’ll wait for you here, I’ll just passed by Mr. Kim first, I need to ask him something. I’ll be following you after, if I’ll finish what I will do right away. ” He continued as he places your bag in his back.

“Okay. Thank you so much, oppa! I’ll just take care of this, promise I won’t do anything wrong. Nothing to worry”, you said with a smile.

 

You then started to walk down the stairs, and reached the main entrance of the building. You stopped, as you look around to check if he is still in the campus. You looked to your left, and saw him right away.

“There you are.”, you said with your eyebrow raised.