Wait. What?

Will You Notice?

 

ZING
“Who the hell is texting me this early?”  I murmured out loud to myself seeing as Minho was still deep asleep.  I looked on my night stand to see my IPhone lit up on my lock screen.
Text Message- JongHyun- 7:08 a.m
7:08 a.m
JongHyun: R u awake?
7:12 a.m
Key:  Well now I am!
JongHyun: I figured u woke up early. Anyway I hav the time planned out for when we can meet.
Key:  It better not b now.  I plan on going bak to sleep when ur done rambling.
JongHyun:  Well if u would shut up u could hear wat time & kno it wsnt now.  I was thinkin around 1:30 after lunch.
7:17 a.m
Key:  Watever.  I just want to get this project done soon. Y did you text me so early to tell me?
7:24 a.m
 
JongHyun: Idk…
Key:  Ok then…
_*-*_*-*_*-*_
 
Beep Beep Beep
 
8 o’clock.  Really?  I forgot to turn off the stupid alarm before I went to bed.  I can’t believe that dino texted me this early.  I was actually shocked that he did though.  I kind of like that he did… wait what am I saying?  I hate this boy.  I reached for the alarm and turned it off.  I looked over at Minho’s bed to see if he was still asleep, but he wasn’t there.  I guess he already left to go work out.  I might as well go get breakfast after I get ready.
 
I got up out of bed after about 10 minutes of lying there in the comfy warm blankets.  I walked over to my closet to pick out some clothes for today.  It took me 20 minutes to pick out something that matched, but also had to make me look good.  Not that I was trying to impress anyone…
 
I styled my hair till I was satisfied; brushed my teeth, grabbed my key to the dorm; locked the dorm; and headed for the cafeteria.
 
I really do hate going to the cafeteria alone, only because I don’t have anyone in mind to sit with.  Oh well.  It’s not like many people are up at this time anyway on a weekend.
 
I walked over to the trays; grabbed my food from the nice lunch lady; and smiled at all the girls staring at my cute clothes. It was one of my simple outfits though.  I didn’t feel like taking an hour on picking out my clothes.  A simple black t-shirt with blue faded skinny jeans and a zebra print jacket.  Wait, wait you can’t forget my swag shoes.
 
“Key hyung!  Come sit by me.”  I heard someone from behind me yell.  I looked back to see it was Amber sitting alone at a table in the corner in the back of the mess hall(cafeteria).  I decided I would go and sit with her.  I mean she was all alone and stuff.
 
“Hey Amber.”  I greeted as I set my tray down and sat down across the table from her.
 
“I like your outfit.  I guess you don’t go all out on the weekends as much as you do on week days.”  She stated as she giggled a little.
 
“Yah I don’t have anyone to impress today.  I will be with my science partner later and other than that I will probably be in my room all day.”  I remarked as I began to eat my food, but looked down at my phone lying flat on the table to see another text from JongHyun. 
 
I guess Amber saw too.  “Don’t you want to impress JongHyun though?  I thought you two were dating.  That’s what I heard him tell Sunny in Mrs. Young’s class yesterday.”  She said with a puzzled look on her face.
 
“No we are not dating!  I would not date him!  I mean I don’t like him like that. I hate him!”  I stuttered as I replied back and nonchalantly sipped my water and looked at the text from JongHyun.
 
8:47 a.m 
JongHyun: Where r u?
 
“Then why did he say you were?”  Amber said with yet another puzzled look as she looked down at her phone and replied back to a message she got from someone.
 
“He was just messing around.”  I replied back hoping she would believe me as I texted JongHyun back.
 
8:51 a.m
Key: In the cafeteria.  What does it matter?
 
“Oh well ok then.  If you don’t like him like that and you guys aren’t dating maybe tomorrow we can hang out.”  She said as she smiled with her adorable eyes.
 
“That would be great.”  I replied as I watched her get up to put up her tray.
 
“Then I’ll text you tomorrow with the details.”  She said as she walked away.  Which right as she did I got another text from the dumbnut. 
 
9:00 a.m
JongHyun: I dnt kno.  I’m bored.  I was going to see if u wanted to come over and work on the project now with me.
Key:  I thought you had plans all day.
JongHyun: …I did… I canceled…
9: 12 a.m
JongHyun:  R you coming?
 
JongHyun canceled hanging out with his friends?  Why would he do that?  Was it for me?  Did he want to actually spend time with me today or something?  Snap out of it Key.  That’s not why.  He probably never had plans to begin with and all his friends are busy now.  You don’t like this boy.  You hate this boy.  As soon as the project is done there will be no more contact with him either.
9:18 a.m
Key: Yah.  What apartment number are you again?
JongHyun: 143 (:
9:21 a.m
Key:  That’s convenient…
 
As I came closer to his apartment door my heart began to race faster for some reason.  As if I was nervous.  I’ve been in his dorm before.  What makes this any different?
 
*Knock Knock*
 
I opened the door after knocking as if I knew the door would be unlocked.  Like it was.  I probably should have waited though.  Right in front of my eyes was JongHyun; hair wet; body dripping; abs showing; nothing on, but a towel.  Could this day get any better?  What am I saying?
 
“Key!  Don’t you knock?”  JongHyun exclaimed as he threw a pillow at my face as if he was wanting me to cover my eyes with it, which I did.  No need to see what was already scarred into my mind.
 
“I did knock!  I just knew the door would be open so I came in.  I didn’t think you would be showering since not even twenty minutes ago you texted me to come over.” I testified as I threw the pillow to the ground not caring anymore if he was dressed or not.  Thank the lord he was though.  Well not shirt yet, but close enough.
 
“Well I didn’t think you would just walk right on in as if you lived here!”  JongHyun said as he grabbed an old t-shirt from the drawer and put it on over his muscular body.
 
“Everyone practically thinks we are dating so what difference does it make?  We are both guys…”  I said as I plopped down on his unmade bed.
 
“Well for starters.  It’s just us and we both know we aren’t dating and never will.  Second we aren’t that close.  We might both be guys, but do you look at Minho with just a towel on?  Didn’t think so.” He testified back as he walked over to his desk to shove something in the drawer that was on top of the desk.
 
“Ok well next time either don’t take a shower when you know I’m on my way or lock your door.  I still think you did that on purpose.”  I said with a smirk on my face.
9:48 a.m
Amber: Hey Key.  Whatcha doin? (:
Key: Nothin rlly.  Just at JongHyun’s apartment workin on the project, or at least tryin to.
Amber:  Wait wat do u mean tryin?
Key: Nvm.  Wat r u doin?
Amber: Hangin out w/ Krystal in the library.  Since ur w/ JongHyun & ur working on a project.  Mayb u 2 could come down here & hang w/ us.
Key: Sure I guess I could drag the small dino over there haha.
Amber: Ok I’ll tell Krystal(:  C u soon.
 
“JongHyun we need to go to the library.”  I guess I was too busy texting to notice he was sitting beside me reading the texts.
 
“So you can hang out with your lovey Amber?”   He teased as he packed a bag and grabbed his dorm key.
 
“Oh don’t play as if you don’t like Krystal.  I see you make googley eyes at her in P.E and trying to impress her with how much you can bench.”  I said as I followed him out the door and locked it behind me since I knew he would forget to.
 
“I do not!”  He protested as we made our way out of the dormitory and toward the library.
 
“Yah ok.  Where is Taemin at?”  I asked once I noticed I hadn’t seen him all day.
 
“He said yesterday that he was going to go to the dance room and practice with Minho on the dance since the teacher gave them permission to.”  JongHyun replied as we stepped outside into the cooling breeze as the rising sun heated the cool morning.
 
“Wait.  They are going to practice this early?  That’s odd.  I thought Minho was working out when I woke up.  I guess he went with Taemin.”  I said back puzzled as we found ourselves near the door of the library.
 
“Well he probably did go to work out.  Taemin just left the dorm around 9ish.  They were probably texting each other about it.”  JongHyun replied as we walked in the library and noticed Sunny motioning us toward them from upstairs in the study area.
 
“That would make sense because Minho never goes a day without working out.” 
 
“Hey Key hyung.”  Amber greeted from upstairs on the rail.
 
“Hey Amber.”  I greeted back as I watched JongHyun and Krystal look at each other.  You would think they were talking in some foreign eye language almost.
 
“H-hey Krystal.”  JongHyun stuttered as he tried to act cool in front of her, which just made her giggle and look back at her textbook that she was studying.
 
“So why are you and Krystal here?”  I asked as I looked at the big dummy making a fool of himself and rolled my eyes.
 
“We are studying for an exam in math.”  Amber replied as she sat back down in her seat and turned the page in her textbook.
 
“Oh I hated math last year.  Trigonometry is not my best subject.  I’m just glad I’m taking geometry this year.”  I replied in relief remembering that Amber didn’t take the same math as me this year.  If I’d forgotten to study for yet another exam in math this year my grade would most likely drop to a C from my B.  It’s a high B at least though.  So I’m good.
 
“Yah It’s not my best this year either it’s the lowest grade I have.  It’s an 87%.  A high B, but still…”  Amber replied as she looked at her phone.
 
“An 87%?!  Dude last year my lowest in that class was a 78%.  I was lucky to get an 84% on the tests.”  I stammered back as I looked embarrassed about my grade which just made JongHyun laugh at me.
 
“Oh that’s still good.”  She confirmed as she tried to make me feel better.
 
“Wai-wait.  I thought you and JongHyun are dating.  You and Amber seem to be the only ones even talking.  It seems more like you two are dating than you and JongHyun.”  Krystal finally spoke up which just caused me and JongHyun to stare at her in shock mode then at each other from what she’d just said.
 
“No!  We are not dating.  It was a joke.  We were trying to embarrass each other.”  JongHyun quickly replied back.  “I promise I’m completely straight.”  I noticed JongHyun winked as he said that to her.
 
“Well that’s not what everyone else thinks.”  Krystal added before she packed up her things and announced that she had to go meet up with some friends to go shopping.
 
“I have to go too.  Victoria just texted, saying her boyfriend just dumped her.  Since I’m her roommate I should probably go help her.” Amber added as she packed her things and followed Krystal out the door.
 
“Oh hold on woah woah.  What just happened?”  JongHyun questioned as soon as everyone had left.
 
“Supposedly everyone seriously thinks we are dating because of those little stunts we pulled on Friday.”  I replied as I smirked and looked at my phone for if anyone texted.
 
“You started it!  If you wouldn’t have been such an exaggerator and just put your freaking number in my phone none of this would have even happened.”  JongHyun exclaimed as he looked around the library to see if anyone was around, which they weren’t.
 
“Oh don’t pretend you didn’t like it.”  And with that I was off.  I quickly got up from the table; headed down the stairs; and out the door toward where Minho and Taemin where practicing.  Let’s hope this one didn’t end up like last time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW: If you didn't know 143 means I love you in like text language or something like that lol than now you do and now you get that lil thing (:
Sorry I haven't updated in a while.  I had writers block.  I hope you guys are still reading.  I don't think this is one of my best chapters so far though.  But whatever. Something to get me started again.
Thanks for reading
subscribe
comment
Karma (:
hope to update again soon (: