I love him?

Will You Notice?

 

            7:39 p.m

Taemin: You ready for the date yet?

Minho: Almost.  Key keeps making me change clothes.

Taemin: Haha, that’s Key for you.

            I wish I could hear him laugh now.   I hope Taemin and Sulli don’t hit it off tonight.  I know me and Sunny won’t.  I won’t let that happen.

            “Key this is the third time you have made me change clothes.  I thought the first outfit I was wearing was decent enough.  Stop acting like my mother.”

            “Well don’t you want to look well for your date with Taemin?”

            “If this date was with Taemin.”

            “What do you mean if?”  Key questioned as he tried to pick me out a nice tie.

            “Well this date is a double date between Sunny, me, Taemin, and Sulli.  Don’t ask why.”

            “I don’t have to ask why I can just assume it’s Sunny’s fault.”

            “She isn’t even a bad person.  I know she means well.  The problem is she doesn’t know that I’d rather being dating Taemin than her, but I mean Sulli, really?  She couldn’t find someone less suitable for Taemin?”

            “Minho, it’s not like you have to compete with the woman.  If Taemin even slightly likes you, this girl won’t be enough to change his mind.  Trust me.  Now go and enjoy your date.”  Key insured as he pushed me out the door after he finished tying my tie properly.

            “Oh you’re done.”

            “Oh Taemin.  I didn’t know you were waiting for me outside of my door.”

            “Well I didn’t know where we were meeting the girls at, so I came here and waited.”  Taemin sweetly replied back with his adorable smile.

            “Oh I think they are waiting for us in the parking lot.”

            We headed out of the dorms to meet up with our dates.  The sun has already begun to set and it’s only eight o’clock.  Taemin keeps fidgeting with his tie.  I guess he really does want to impress Sulli tonight, or he’s just too nervous.

            “You look great tonight Minho.”  Taemin commented to break the silence once we got out of the doors.

            “Thanks Taemin.  You look better th-

            “Minho baby!  You look fabulous!”  Sunny yelled at us as she ran toward me and gave me a hug.

            “Um th-thanks Sunny.  You look nice too.”  I complimented while slowly prying her off of me.

            “Oh hold on.  Where are my manners?  Taemin this is Sulli.  Even though I’m sure that you already knew that.”  Sunny introduced while gesturing for Sulli to come join us instead of waiting by the car.

            “Yeoboseyo Sulli.  You look wonderful.”

            “Thank you Taemin.  You look great too.  Aren’t you a year older than me?”

            “Yes. I was born 1993.”  Taemin informed while smiling his bright unique way.

            “That’s what I thought.  Do you mind if I call you oppa? Like when we were little.” 

            “No.  That’s fine with me.  You’ve changed so much from when we were little, Choi Jin-Ri.”

            “Yes, including my name oppa.  I go by Sulli now.”

            “Oh yah.  That’s going to take some getting used to.”

            “Oh I’m sorry you guys we should probably get going so we don’t stay out too late.”  Sulli apologized as she realized Sunny and I were waiting to leave.

            “Oh it’s ok girl.  You guys can get caught up on the date tonight anyway.  No rush.”  Sunny said.

                                    ~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~

            “Here we are!  Hunans.  It’s the best Chinese restaurant in town.”  Sunny happily exclaimed. 

            “It’s so fancy and big!  Isn’t this too expensive?”  Taemin asked very nervously.

            “It’s not that expensive.  I’ve been here before with Key.  It just depends on what you buy.”  I replied as a well-dressed lady came over to us.

            “Good evening.  You are a table of four?  Right this way.”  The waitress said in a heavy Chinese accent as she led us to our table in the back with dimmed lights.

            Once we sat down at a table with Sunny and I across from Sulli and Taemin, I noticed he seemed a little more nervous than before.  What I didn’t want to notice, but unfortunately did was that Sunny was trying to play footsy with me.  This night is going to take forever.

            “I think I’m going to get some soup.  What are you guys going to order?”  Sulli asked once we got a chance to look at the menu.

            “I think I’ll get some wontons.  I’m not that hungry.”  Taemin stated.

            “Yah and I think I’ll just get Pork Noodle soup.”  I informed as I shut my menu and looked at the others.

            “Well you guys don’t have a very big appetite do you?  I’m getting the Pu Pu  plater.”  Sunny concluded as we all gave our order to the waiter when she arrived at our table.

            “So you said that you two knew each other from when you were little?”  Sunny asked Sulli out of mere small talk.

            “Oh yes.  Our mothers were very close friends at the time so we would often see each other. They had planned for us to get married when we were both of age, but we soon grew apart when I ended up having to move away from Seoul for a little. I didn’t think he would even remember me since that was almost 7 years ago.   I’m glad we are getting to reunite tonight though.”  Sulli informed as I watched Taemin blush in the reminder of their shared childhood.

            “Well that sounds interesting.  Much more romantic than how I met Minho.  I don’t even think he remembers do you?”

            “Um you were stalking me?”  I sarcastically replied knowing that that was the real answer even if she would keep denying it.

            “No silly.  It was when Minho was a freshman and I was a sophomore.  He was in dance class for the first year and I’d been experienced with it before.   So naturally when he came to class at the same period as me the teacher asked me to show him through the warm up and what we had learned for the showcase so that he could be in it with us.  As I expected, he caught up quickly.  He was the cutest boy I had ever seen.  After the week that I had with Minho during that period things went back to normal and I had to get back to regular things in that class so I couldn’t talk to him that much.  I tried to talk to him after classes whenever I saw him even if it was just for a short hey in the hall, but he seemed to always be busy with his friends or girls bothering him.  I’d never gotten up the courage to ask him to hang out with me at some point and naturally I ended up regretting it.  I’m so happy though that I ended up having a schedule very close to his this year!  I can’t even believe that I’m actually even on a date with him right now.”

            Wow I had completely forgotten about that year.  I remember seeing a short perky girl always waiting for me with a big smile when I walked in the door. I always thought she was nice.  I might have even had a small crush on her. It’s hard to believe that, that was Sunny.   If Sunny hadn’t helped me with class I probably wouldn’t have been able to take it this year because I would have failed it that year…

            “Oh that is just the most adorable love story I’ve ever heard.  It’s just like one of those fairy tales.”  Sulli extinguished with delight.

            “Woah hold on it wasn’t a love story, I’m sure.”  Taemin butted in.  Sounds like someone is a little jealous.

             “It could grow to be one.”  Sunny sassily said as she looked at me with her bangs perfectly falling over her eyes.

            Will it?

                                    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

            I guess if anytime was the perfect time to give JongHyun his jacket back would be now before I forget. I wonder where he is.  Eh I’ll just check his dorm first.  Wait no that would be a bad idea.  Let’s not have that end up like last time.  I’ll just stop by the library first to drop off some of my old textbooks then send him a text about his jacket later.

            I grabbed my old textbooks and JongHyun’s jacket off of my desk and made sure to grab my keys before I headed out the door to the library.  I hope it’s still open.

            I walked around campus until I found the library doors.  Thank goodness it was still open.  I slowly and quietly opened the door and headed for the librarian to give her my books, but out of the corner of my eye I swear I saw a boy with similar hair like JongHyun’s head to the back of the library where old books are held.  That can’t possibly be him.  I’ve never seen him read a day in his life.  I quickly dropped off the books to the librarian waiting and followed that boy.

            It had to be JongHyun because what I saw before my eyes was a short dino kissing a freshman from our P.E class.  I knew I shouldn’t have followed him.  I knew I shouldn’t have ever talked to him.  All he’s good for is being an idiot player who knows nothing about feelings.  I slammed the jacket on the floor and ran toward my room hoping no one would see my tears slowly dripping down my face.

            “What are you doing?!  I thought you were meeting me here to discuss a homework assignment!  I’m not that kind of guy anymore.  I actually have feelings for someone right now.  I’ll see you in class Hitori.”

            “JongHyun wait!”

            “Is this my jacket?”  I whispered to myself as I picked it up and realized Key must’ve seen us and left it.  I quickly ran out of the library and toward Key’s room. Maybe he’ll understand.

            “Key wait!” 

            I could feel my heart pounding against my chest as I heard JongHyun scream my name.  I knew he was following me.  I want to turn around and say it’s all ok and I forgive him, but what use it that?  He doesn’t know I like him.  He obviously doesn’t feel the same way.  I have too big of an imagination.  I knew it would’ve been too good to be true.

            I rushed to my door, happy I didn’t lock it.  That would’ve given him time to catch up.  He’s really fast for a short guy surprisingly.  I slammed the door shut behind me and slid down the door trying to take it all in.  I feel JongHyun banging on the door, but couldn’t hear anything over my crying and aching heart.

            “Key please open the door!  It’s not what you think.  I barely even know her!”

            “You think that makes it better?”  I tried yelling as I caught my breath, sure that he could hear my sniffling.

            “Key I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to make you cry.  Th-the truth is… I think I actually love you Key.” 

            At that point I felt my body freeze.  Did I just hear him correctly?  The man  that has confused and complicated my life so much just say that he loves me?

            “You l-love me, JongHyun?”

            “Yah.  I think I actually do Key.  I’ve never felt this way toward anyone before.”

            “JongHyun… I think I feel the same way…”

            “Do you want to open the door now and let me in?”

            I got up slowly, sniffled my last time, and opened the door to sweet a tear stain faced boy standing there looking at me.  He’s actually mine now.  He slowly grabbed my hips, pulled me in and kissed me ever so lightly.  I felt like I was in heaven.  Sure I’ve kissed him before…but this time it was different.  I can actually feel a spark.

            “JongHyun…Don’t ever make me cry again.”  I mumbled as he leaned in to kiss me again.”

            “I promise.”

So I just got back from camp (:  Decided I'd finish this chapter as  celebration! (:  I miss you guys!  Keep commenting!  You can follow me on instagram for kpop pics if you want! (:

Username:bapobsessedbaby

Name:Taemin's Lady