Detention -.-

Will You Notice?

 

                “What is it Min?”  I asked curious waiting for Taemin to answer what went on between them last night.

          “Well nothing out of the ordinary… it’s just that, while you and Key were playing around like idiots on the dance floor last night…  I got lost in Minho’s dark eyes and I felt like…. Like I feel with girls I like.  I wanted to just kiss him and take advantage.  I know this sounds bad, but it’s not like anything is going to happen.”

          I looked around us to make sure no one was listening in.  “Taemin, I didn’t think you liked guys.”

          “I didn’t either Jjong!  But when I was alone with Minho we got to actually talk like normal friends without getting interrupted and I got so caught up in the moment that I found out I actually like him, like, like-like him.  I don’t know what to do.  I mean there are a lot of gay couples at our school, but I don’t think our relationship will ever grow to that.  I just know that I really, really like him.”  Taemin replied back as he looked down at the table in what appeared to be almost embarrassment.  I feel so sorry for him.  I mean I’m in the same situation, but I know Key likes guys so I can work my magic.  Minho on the other hand he’s barely even dated a girl.

          “Well I don’t know what gender he prefers, but it’s obvious he likes you.”  I confronted as I tried to comfort my confused friend.

          “Hyung, I don’t think that’s true.  Even if it was I don’t think I’d be able to make a move.  I don’t even know if I want it to end up like that.  I’m so confused Jjong.”

          “I know Min.  Let’s just try to move on from it.”  I replied back with sympathy.

                             ~_~_*_~_~_*_~_~_*_~_~_*

                   10:42 a.m

          Key: Where r u Minho?

          Minho:  About to leave the cafeteria.

          Key: Well wait for me.  We need to talk.

                             ~_~_*_~_~_*_~_~_*_~_~

 “Minho, Finally I found you.”

          “What did you need to talk about?”  Minho asked with a bright smile.  Something happened last night.  I must find out.

          “What did happen between you and Taemin last night at the club?”  I asked with concern.

          “Well when we arrived at the club, you saw me and Taemin walk to the back right?  Well we were talking before we left and decided we would stroll off on our own and get to actually talk and know each other.  I found out a lot.  That’s not really anything important though, but anyway.  We were sitting on one of the couches in the corner all alone and began talking, out of nowhere we got lost in each other’s eyes.  We started to lean in close and almost kissed, but were interrupted by Sunny running over to us and talking about you and JongHyun on the dance floor.  That’s when we got up and told you guys to stop acting like s.”  Minho informed as we walked to the library.  I still have to finishing this effing project, which the dino hasn’t helped at all with.

          “Oh sorry, maybe you’ll get another chance soon.”

          “I doubt that’ll happen.  If we kissed it would have made it awkward for us the next day and he would have been like you and told me he got caught up in the moment and it didn’t mean anything.  I’d rather it not happen then get heartbroken even though I would’ve seen it coming.”  Minho sadly replied back once we had finally arrived at the library.

          More people seemed to be in the library today than normal.  Most of them looked like the ones from my science class.  I noticed Amber sitting at one of the computers by herself, so I walked over to her as I gestured for Minho to follow so he wasn’t alone.  I took a seat next to her.  I quietly began to research things for my project that JongHyun was not contributing to at all, like usual.

          “Hey Amber.”  I whispered once I finally got on the internet and found something on renewable resources.

          “Oh, hi Key.”  Amber replied with a mumble and disappointment.

          “What’s wrong?”

          “Nothing, just yesterday I texted you about hanging out like you said you wanted to.  You never replied back so I sat at the mall waiting for you for an hour before I left once I realized you weren’t going to show up.”

          “Oh!  I’m so sorry, I didn’t even realize you texted me yesterday.  I got caught up in JongHyun and the club that I forgot to text you to see if you wanted to come.  I’m really sorry.  Can you forgive me?”  I begged as I looked at her in the eyes with my sad pout in hopes that she forgave me.

          “I thought you hated JongHyun.  Now all you seem to do is hang out with him.  Is there something you aren’t telling me?  Are you and JongHyun actually dating?  The rumors are supposed to not be real, but the more I think about it, the more they seem real.”  She pleaded back.

          “I’m so sorry Amber.  I don’t mean to be spending all my time with him.  I promise we can hang out soon.  Just us.”  I responded back feeling so guilty of what I’d done.

          “No thanks Key.  I’d rather talk to you when you don’t plan on being such a jerk.”  Amber replied as she grabbed her bag, printed off some papers, and left the library.

          How could I have forgotten my best friend like that?  I didn’t mean to dis her for JongHyun.  I did hate JongHyun.  I do hate JongHyun.  If he hadn’t told me to go to the club I wouldn’t have dissed Amber at the mall.  I can’t blame him though.  It was my fault. I guess I can’t hate him for that. I don’t know how I’m going to make up for this one.

          “Wow Key.”  I heard Minho say from behind me in his chair at the computer.  I’d forgotten he was there.

          “Yah.  I didn’t mean to do it.”

          “It’s ok we all make mistakes.  I’m sure she’ll forgive you soon.”  Minho reassured me as we worked more on our project.

                                      ~_~_*_~_~_*_~_~_*_~_~

          “Go to your next class.”  Coach yelled as he dismissed us all from 1st period onto our 2nd of the day.  It’s only Monday and I’m already wishing it was Saturday again.  Amber still hasn’t forgiven me and I still have another period with JongHyun until I’m free from him for 3rd.  All he did in P.E today was look at me as he lifted weights.  Was he trying to impress me?  Well it was creepy and I wish he’d stopped, except his muscles are so defined.  They actually do impress me.  Those types of muscles wouldn’t look good on my bodythough.  That’s why I just run the track all class instead of try to build any bulging muscles on me like the big dino over there.

          “Yah Key wait up!”  JongHyun yelled as he ran to catch up with me at the school doors.

          I ignored him as I entered History class.  I’m glad I didn’t have to walk very far down the hall. I’m so tired from 1st period. 

          “Good morning, class.  I would like for you to open your textbooks to page 174.  Once you get there your assignment for the day is to write me an essay on Korean history.  If you have any questions you may come up and ask me.  Remember no talking, so you can focus your best.”  Mrs. Hayes said as she walked toward her desk and sat down.  Of course every class I have with JongHyun, I have to sit near him.

          “Pst.  Key.”  JongHyun whispered to me as he tried to not get noticed by the teacher.

          “What JongHyun!”  I whispered back as I began working on my essay and noticed he hadn’t even turned to the right page.

          “What do I have to do to make you stop thinking of me as a ?”  He asked impatiently as he nudged me with his elbow to get me to look at him, which I didn’t.

          “No.”

          “What do you mean no?!  That doesn’t answer my question.”

          “JongHyun, Key, last warning, no talking.”  Mrs. Hayes warned.

          “Exactly now shut up JongHyun.”  I commanded as he nudged me again.

          “Answer my dang question.”

          “Key, JongHyun, come to my desk so you can pick up your detention slips and be on your way.”  Mrs. Hayes announced with a smirk as she held up two pink slips of paper that read ‘Detention’ on them.

          I quietly snatched the slip out of her hand and headed down the hall for the detention room.  Thanks to him I have homework now.  JongHyun slowly crept up behind me as he poked me in my head.

          “So are you going to answer my question?”  He asked sweetly as we roamed the halls alone, about to reach the detention room.

          “No JongHyun!  Drop it.  Because of what you just caused you’re even more of a now.  I can’t believe you got me in trouble.  I hate you so much right now.  Don’t even talk to me.”  I exploaded, sure that everyone in their classrooms right now heard me as I entered the detention room in frustration.

          “Gosh Key.  You never look at the bright side do you?  Now we get to spend a whole period together again with no one else in the room, but the monitor.”  JongHyun suggested happily as he handed our slips to the teacher.

          I actually have never seen this teacher before.  Maybe because I’ve never been in detention until now thanks to the big idiot.  On the board I noticed it said ‘Mr. Scott’s detention center’ in big cursive letters with blue marker.  I took my seat in the back.  Unfortunately the dino sat right beside me.

          “If you didn’t notice, this is detention.  I’m sure you two might stay out of trouble while I’m gone, but I must run to a teacher’s room to fill in for her for a few minutes.”  Mr. Scott announced as he began to leave the room.

          “So Key are you going to tell me?”  JongHyun asked as he scooted his seat closer to me once Mr. Scott left.

          “Go away JongHyun.  You annoy me and you got me into this.”

          “Oh come on.  It’s alone time for us.”  JongHyun stated as he looked at me sweetly with his puppy dog eyes.

          “I don’t have anything on mind right now.  If you were just less of a player maybe, then we could be friends and I’d stop thinking of you as a .”  I responded, giving into his puppy dog eyes.

          “Me the !?  Look in the mirror!”

          “Excuse me?!  You’re the one who asked.”

          “You always blame me.  Can’t you just stop being such a diva for 10 seconds at least?”  JongHyun protested while trying to keep his voice down since Mr.  Scott left the door open.

          “I’m so sorry.”  I said sassily back.

          Before I knew it I was getting lost in his eyes again, but this time it was him.  He started to lean in close.  Next thing I know his lips are passionately pressing down onto mine.  I wished it never end, but we were interrupted by hearing students moving around to their next class and slamming lockers, hinting that detention was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So I wrote this chapter in about 4 hours.  Sorry for the hour late update.  I had to have some time to plot and think, but I also got sidetracked by my best friend coming over.  BTW we are writing a story together and the first couple of chapters should be posted soon it’s going to be called Rome’s Coincidence’s.  (:  So be on the lookout for that (: 

holy shiz haha I accidentally just punched her in the face because I was grabbing for my phone and I hit her nose.  Poor asian XD

she thinks I broke and she went and told on me to my mom.