Chapter 1

Rumours & Roses

 

          Kyuhyun walked through the front doors of the school. He looked around as the doors slammed shut and noise echoed through the hallway. Surprisingly silence was the only thing that accompanied him in that hallway. He reached in to his back pocket to check the time on his cell phone.

           “Nine fourteen?... !” Kyuhyun face palmed him self, “Ahh!! Not again!” Classes usually started at eight in the morning, Kyuhyun was about race to his classroom when a voice interrupted him.

           “You wait right there!”  The young boy turned around to see a brown haired man standing about two or three meters away from him. It was his guidance counsellor.

           “Good morning Mr. Choi” he bowed and gave the older man an idiotic smile.

           “I talked to you teacher Kyuhyun, he told me that it is the third time your late this week and its only Wednesday”

           “Sorry Sir... this is last time it will happen again I promise...” Kyuhyun flashed his innocent smile once more.

           “Fine but the next time your late Kyuhyun, there’s going to be no more warnings, it’s going to be suspension. Now go straight to class and don’t take useless breaks in between it to flirt with girls. God Bless you” Kyuhyun bowed again and continued on to his way to class.       

           “Ahh your here!” the golden brown haired man said as his student walked in to the class. Leeteuk smiled even though the young boy was late for more than one hour.

           “Sorry Sir...” Kyuhyun smiled apologetically, as the older man motioned him to his seat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Kibum wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist. He pulled the other closer and buried his face in the crook of his neck. Kyuhyun giggled and pulled away.

           “What?!”

           “That tickles!”

           “You’re so immature” Kibum growled as he yanked the boys arm and pulled him closer and crashed their lips together. Kyuhyun squealed first in surprise but soon wrapped his arms around the eighteen yearolds neck pulling him in deeper as both melted into the kiss.

            “Oh my God guys! You know we’re in a public place...” the two turned to see the small humans who were staring at them with wide eyes. “There’s kids staring at you...stop corrupting the youth.” The two turned to their roommate, still clinging on to each other. He was holding three ice-cream cones in his hands.

            “Shindong-ah, don’t worry we’re just teaching the kids that being gay isn’t wrong” Kibum chuckled and punched his friends arm play fully.

           “Here” Shindong offered one of the ice-cream cones to Kibum and the other to Kyuhyun.

           “Thanks.” Kibum said, and then turned to the younger, “Let’s go home, I need to talk to you... both of you.” After a while the three headed to their shared apartment in a comfortable silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “So what did you want to talk to me about?” the younger boy’s smile made Kibum uncomfortable. He knew this would be hard, but the fact that it was Kyuhyun made it a million times harder. He could already imagine the crushed look on the boy’s face, like an innocent child that was lost in a crowd.

           “I-I got a job offer...” the older boy stuttered as he forced words out, his eyes fixed to the ground.

           “That’s great!” Kyuhyun’s smile was bright enough to light up the whole room, “Congratulations hyung! That was so fast! We should celebrate! And not Shindong’s idea of a celebration, I don’t want to go to a stupid ice cream shop! Oh! We should go to a fancy restaurant. Hmmm....what should I wear, how about the black shirt you got me for my birthday last month?” Kyuhyun started scurrying around the room trying to find the said shirt.

           “Kyu...” Kibum turned the boy to face him. He moved closer towards the other and cupped his hand on the latter’s cheek. He sighed as he saw the smile on the younger’s face dissolved into confusion, and a worry of what was going to come next.

           “What’s wrong hyung?”

           “Kyu... the job offer...I have to go to Thailand...”

           The realisation slowly dawned onto Kyuhyun’s face and his eyes widened in shock.

            “I’m sorry baby...I really don’t want to leave but this is a once in a lifetime thing...”Kibum pulled the younger into an embrace. He felt his heart fall into the pit of his stomach as Kyuhyun stayed stiff in his embrace, cold, lifeless.

           Kibum kept his arms wrapped around Kyuhyun as he kissed the younger on his forehead.

           “I’m sorry, I really am...” Kibum pulled away completely, not able to bear it any longer and left the room, as Kyuhyun seemed to have frozen in place.

           As soon as he heard the door click shut, Kyuhyun collapsed to the ground. He curled up into a ball and sobbed, muffling the sounds with his hands, not wanting the world to know he had fallen.

A.N/ So the first chapter was a bit angsty...but it will be made uf for inthe extreme loads of fluff that is going totake over soonenough so...anyway....