Chapter 2

Rumours & Roses

            The next day Kyuhyun was early to school, as he couldn’t stand to be in the room in which he had shared so many moments with the man who had thrown him away like he meant nothing. Since there was still fifteen minutes left for the classes to start, he decided to go to his locker.

            “What’s going on?” he heard people laughing and talking behind him. Some were pointing at their cell phones and laughing other staring in disbelief and disgust. He turned around to see the school’s pretty boy, a.k.a the one person you do NOT want to mess with heading towards him with his ‘possy’. The leader smirked while the others pointed fingers and laughed at him.

            “Heechul?” the young boy said. One of the other boys reached into his bag and pulled out a paper. Kyuhyun frowned as the tall boy handed it to him.

            “Wha-how-what?!” Kyuhyun stuttered as he stared in disbelief at what he held in front of himself. He looked around and saw the cold glares people were giving him and he realised what was happening. How did they get this?

            “Who’s the other boy?” the brown haired boy who handed him the paper asked in a calm voice. “Seems like that was a pretty passionate kiss” the boy smirked.

            “It’s none of your ing business Yunho!”  Kyuhyun grabbed the elder’s uniform shirt collar.

            It wasn’t long before people started gathering and staring at the boy who was now labelled ‘Gay’ or ‘Freak’  and so on.

            Kyuhyun usually never lost his temper or got in to fights or even in to troubled situations, but this time he lost his patience. Heechul punched the younger’s face but before Kyuhyun could react a voice stopped him.

            “Yah...break it up...break it up...” it was there gym teacher Kim Kangin. He turned towards the crowd “go to you classes there’s nothing to see here...go back!” his voice was harsh, he turned to Kyuhyun. It took a few minutes before everyone had moved to their classes.

            “Kyuhyun, I didn’t expect this from you... I know what these boys have done but it doesn’t give you the right to start a fight” his voice suddenly softer, the boy kept silent and stared at the floor. “Ahh... it’s alright...you can go to class. As for you five, Heechul, Hankyung, Yunho, Changmin, and Yoochun, you’re coming with me.”

            The bell rang and Kyuhyun made his way to class and crumpled the paper in his hand. Everyone in school now knew about what happened that morning. The young boy walked in to the classroom and saw students frowning at him.

            “It’s okay Kyuhyun, you did nothing wrong...” Leeteuk patted his student’s shoulder, and gave him a sympathetic smile, then went to the front of the class. The desk beside his was empty, and as soon as he walked in the kids had started whispering to each other. How could this be? Everything had been perfect just two days ago and now, overnight, his life had become a complete mess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

            It had been a few weeks after the picture of Kibum and Kyuhyun kissing spread like wild fire. For the first week everyone would avoid him with all they had, or called him a freak or . The teachers would do what they could, but it wasn’t much help. After the first week the commotion seemed to have died down, but no one would talk to him, even his old friends stayed away from him like he was the plague.

            In all honesty, he didn’t give a crap. Two days after he had broken up with him, Kibum had moved to Thailand, and Shindong had given up on trying to get  him to talk. Kyuhyun was never one to talk too much, but now he had become completely mute. He barely answered when he was asked something, and each day his skin seemed to get paler and the circles around his eyes seemed to get darker. Not that anyone cared, except for maybe some of his teachers and Shindong. Not only had he turned cold, but also unresponsive. The only emotions that he wore were either a cold glare, or a blank stare that made you wonder if his spirit was lost and his body was all that was left.

            It was a relatively normal day when Leeteuk had seemed particularly hyped. He clapped his hands a couple of times to get everyone’s attention. The students looked up to the teacher who seemed excited about something.

            “We are going to have a new student in our class... he just moved here from Daegu a few days ago so be nice to him.” Leeteuk turned to the boy who was making his way in to the class.

            “Ahh you’re here, I’ll let you introduce your self.” The teacher smiled at the new boy.

            Kyuhyun looked up disinterestedly and saw a boy with blonde hair. He wasn’t wearing the school uniform but instead white pants, a pink shirt and a pink hat. He was holding a pink binder that had, what he guessed was his name, written on it with sparkling stickers. The boy smiled.

            “Hi, my name is Sungmin” he paused and then continued again “I will be your new classmate.”