Chapter 15

Rumours & Roses

Henry stepped out of the building, finally feeling the warmth of the natural sunlight on his face after a month after being stuck in the hospital. He walked to the parking lot where his parents waited for him. He took in a deep breath, the gas left behind by cars gave the air a stench, but he didn’t really care, Henry was just glad that he was out of that room, the room that made him feel even worse than he did to start with.

Henry climbed into the car, and buckled up his seat belt. “Are you ready?” His dad asked glancing back at Henry from the passenger seat.  Henry nodded but didn’t say anything. The trip home was long; it was two hours from the hospital. Neither his parents nor Henry said anything during the trip. He noticed his parents sharing quick worried glances but he kept silent and just stared out of the glass window. The radio was on and it was turned up pretty high, Henry guessed that his dad was just trying to avoid the awkward silence.  His dad kept changing the radio stations until he found a good one. It was some channel that all the teenagers listened to these days’.  The song Love the way you Lie by Eminem was on, his dad scoffed and mumbled something somewhere along the lines of ‘Teenagers these days… how is that even singing? It’s just someone talking the line… teenagers and their so called music’. He started to change the stations again and then finally settled up on one.

And up next, it’s Nothing Better By Jung Yup!” the DJ said.

‘Naege eonjen-ga watdeon neo-ui eolgureul gi-eoghae
Meomchwoittdeon nae mam-eul mibgedo gojang nan nae gaseum-eul
Neo-ui hwanhan misoga sibgedo yeon-geoya’

-----

‘Geurae geureohge naega neo-ui saram-i dwen geoya
Motnattdeon nae chu-eogdeuri ijen gi-eogjocha an na
Nareul kkok jab-eul son-i bomcheoreom ttatteuthaeseo-

“Henry! This is like the fiftieth time we’re practicing! How could you not get it right?!” Zhoumi asked angrily at the boy who was sitting in front of the piano with an ‘oops’ expression oh his face. Henry got up from his seat.

“Playing the piano is not as easy as singing okay! Plus I'm still learning!” Henry said and pouted. Zhoumi sighed and shook his head.

“Okay let’s just continue from where we left off” Zhoumi said. Henry kept messing up and Zhoumi kept getting madder each time. He had lost his patience. “IS IT REALLY THAT HARD HERNY!” Henry pouted. Tears started running down his eyes. Zhoumi sighed, “No, no don’t cry Henli, I'm sorry.” He walked over to Henry and hugged him. “Okay we’ll practice later, there’s still two weeks for the performance. Maybe it’s just a bad day for you. ” Henry sobbed. “You know what we’ll go get pizza, my treat.” The older let go of the other. Henry wiped the tears off his cheeks.

“Okay.” He said still sobbing. Zhoumi held the younger’s hand and walked him to the door. Henry smiled victoriously.

It always worked.

----

Tears filled in Henry’s eyes but this time they were real.  

It wasn’t long before they got home. Henry got out of the car and went into his room, with out saying a word.  He walked in through the doors and put the bag that he had on the neatly done bed. The room was bright, and the smell of the washed bed sheets gave out a fresh flowery scent. He sat down looking around his room and his eyes fixed on the picture of him and Zhoumi when they were kids, on the wall. A pang of guilt suddenly hit him. He did truly liked Zhoumi and he was more than just a friend to him but he never let is parents know about their relationship.

Henry’s mom and dad walked into the room to see Henry staring at the picture. She looked at him in sympathy. His mom walked to the bed where Henry was sitting and gave him a comforting hug. And his dad did the same.

“I know Henry; it’s hard to lose a friend.” She said “especially when you’re as close as brothers.”  She hugged him tighter. “But honey, he’s your friend, he’s not gone he is still here in you heart. As friend he’ll always be there.”

“Stop saying that!” Henry said. He got up from the bed and moved away from his pares.

“Henry-”

“Mom, Dad he is not my friend and he is not like my brother.” Henry said. Henry’s voice suddenly got softer.  “He’s… he’s my boyfriend.” His parent stared at him in shock. “I’m gay… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” His parent didn’t say anything, speechless.

After a few moments his father sighed, “Henry, you’re not gay, you’re just…just confused. There’s therapy for this kind of thing…” Henry stared in shock, not being able to believe that his own father said that.  

“I don’t need therapy dad! I’m gay! That’s who I am! I'm not sick.”  Henry said.

“Well if you’re going to stay under my roof, you’re going to do as I say.” The older male said. Henry stood there as his father walked out of the room with fast paced steps.  His mother stood up.

“Honey, do as your father say, I just got you back I don’t want to lose you again.”His mother said and walked out of the room. Henry stood therein shock. What did he expect anyway? That he would tell his parent s and they would be okay with him being gay just like that? Or that they would be just happy that he told them?

Henry his heels and walked to his closet. He took out the suitcase that was in it and stuffed cloths in it. He walked out of the room and down the stairs. He glanced at his dad who was pacing back and forth and his mom who was trying to calm him. Henry scoffed as walked out of the house and slammed the front door shut making sure that his parents heard.

~~~~

“Aren’t you going to hospital to visit Henry today?” Shindong asked Kyuhyun who was lying on his bed reading a book.

“No, I heard he’s getting discharged today…”

“Oh…” Shindong said. “Okay.”

Kyuhyun went back to reading his book as Shindong walked out and into his own room.  The book was called ‘The Chrysalids’ it was about a society that did not accept mutations. It was about a kid who got kicked out that community because she had six toes. Kyuhyun put the book down after reading two pages. How the is this a good book? Why am I even reading this? He thought.

Kyuhyun was walking downstairs to get a glass of water when the bell wrung. He walked to the door to see who it was. Kyuhyun opened the door to see Henry with a suitcase.

“Henry, what-”

“I told them…”  Kyuhyun nodded knowingly. The older motioned the younger to come in. He shut he door.  “Dad said I need therapy.”

“Oh…” Kyuhyun said.

“If I wanted to stay there I should do what he says.”  Henry said. Kyuhyun looked at him, but confused because of the unreadable expression on his face. He wasn’t sad about it or angry. His face was blank, like it was facts, that he had no emotional connection to it.

“Well, you could stay here.” Kyuhyun took the suitcase and brought it upstairs. Shindong stepped out of his room, slightly surprised to see Henry.

“Henry?”

“He told his parents…” Kyuhyun said, “he’s going to be staying with us…”

“Oh… okay well, you can put your stuff in that room.” he said pointing to the room next to Kyuhyun’s. “I’ll make you something to eat.”

“Thanks” Henry said and it seemed like he really meant it. Shindong smiled at the younger and went downstairs to make something.

Kyuhyun walked the younger to his room and put the suitcase down. He pointed towards a door in the room.

“You can put your cloths there.” Kyuhyun said. He put his hands in his pockets. “Do you need help?”

“Umm it’s alright” Henry said. Kyuhyun nodded and stated to walk out of the room. “Wait Kyu,” Kyuhyun looked back at Henry. “thanks.” The older smiled at the other.

“No problem.”

---

A/N: New Update!!!! Comments are Love!!!~