Chapter 11

Rumours & Roses

 

As he promised, Kyuhyun came home early that day. He ate, talked and even had a good competition in video games with Shindong. But later he went up to his room to finish reading Sungmin’s diary.  He sat down on his bed and leaned back making himself comfortable.

Dear diary,

            I know, I know it’s been a looong time since I’ve written but… I was busy alright? But I have so much to tell you about! Oh my gosh! Henry and Zhoumi are together! Yeah, I was going to put my stuff in the locker… and they were making out, I was like O_O and then my face expression changed to *O*…  But I can’t believe that son of a chipmunk didn’t tell me they were together!!

But any way, later Kyuhyun came over, and it was soo cute! he thought I didn’t know that he’s gay and he thought I wouldn’t be his friend anymore if I found out that he’s gay…awww isn’t that cute?... Ahh only if he knew that I’m no different than him…

“Wait!!! What!!” Kyuhyun looked up from the book in surprise… he looked at it again in confusion and re-read the sentence.

…. Ahh only if he knew that I’m no different than him…

Yes. he did read it right. “He’s Gaaaaaaay?!”  Kyuhyun ran downstairs to the living room where Shindong was watching T.V. “Hyung!! Hyung!” he stood in front of it blocking Shindong’s view.

“What do you want? I’m watching the new episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.” Kyuhyun turned the T.V. off “HEY! Why’d you dooo that?” Shindong whined.

“Okay, more important things here…. Sungmin’s gay!!!” Shindong’s jaw dropped in shock.

“How-“

“I know it’s a shock for you since you’ve been friends for a long time but-“

“He told you? But he told me that he wasn’t going to tell you, well at least for now…”

“Wait… what? You knew?”

“Well, yeah as you said I’ve been friends with him for a long time now. Remember that day when I picked you up from Sungmin’s house? And I told you that we even used like the same girl and stopped after saying ‘well that was until…’ well that was until he figured out he was gay…” This time it was Kyuhyun’s turn to be in shock.

“You knew and you didn’t tell me?! Oh my god hyung!” Kyuhyun whined. “Do you know how much time I spent worrying about how he would react when I tell him I’m gay?!… Do you know much time I spent mentally slapping myself because I thought I liked a straight guy? Do you know- oops" Kyuhyun’s words trailed off when he realized what he said. He looked down, his pale cheeks turning into light pink as a smirk appeared on Shindong's face

“You, like him?” Shindong smiled.

Kyuhyun sighed, “Yeeah.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, did you talk to the guy that you like?” Siwon asked the boy who was sitting in front of him. “I mean have you told him that you like him?”

“No” The boy scoffed “What am I supposed to say?” he looked up to Siwon and said in a mocking tone “Hey~ I like you, wanna go out sometime?” Siwon sighed.

“Not like that but you know what I mean.” The two didn’t say anything, that was when the phone rang. Siwon cleared his throat before picking it up and started talking “Hello?” he waited a few seconds before he spoke again “Now? But I’m with a student right now.” Siwon sighed and looked at the boy sitting in front of him. “Alright, okay give me a minute” he put the phone down. “Umm, I forgot that I have an appointment with another student right now.” He frowned

“Oh”

“But here,” the older man handed the boy a card “you can call me, any time, after school…”

“Thanks.” The boy gave Siwon a smile and walked out the room.

Hankyung walked into Siwon’s office. He raised an eyebrow when he saw the boy walk past him and out of the guidance office.

“Hello Hankyung” Siwon said smiling at the younger boy. Hankyung smiled and looked at the older man.

“Hey!” he pointed towards the door. “What was he doing here?”

Siwon shrugged, “Wanted to talk, but anyway how is it going with you and Heechul?” the younger sighed as he sat down on the chair in front of Siwon.

“Some things just never change.” Hankyung said.

“It will change, soon it will.” Hankyung gave the older male a weak smile.

“I hope it will…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Kyuhyun and Zhoumi walked into the forest where they usually went to, to practice singing and just to talk. That was the last day of school for that year. They were more than ready for the summer. It had been nearly 2 weeks since Kyuhyun had got and read Sungmin’s diary which he later… returned. And one week since Sungmin found the diary that had been missing for days, in his house, in the living room, under the couch. Zhoumi poked the younger’s arm and pointed to spot where they could sit.

 “So, today was the last day of class… feels good huh?” Zhoumi said as they sat down on the grass.

“Yeah… finally the stress is over” Kyuhyun gave him a weak smile. Zhoumi gave the younger a look that said ‘are you going to tell me what’s wrong’. But Kyuhyun kept silent.

“You still haven’t told Sungmin have you?” the older asked. Kyuhyun sighed.

 “Common Zhoumi, honestly what am I supposed to say? I like you, I read your diary and I know you like me too?”

“Well yeah… but except the part about how you read his diary” Zhoumi said. He laid back and rested his head on the latter’s lap. Suddenly his cell phone rang; he took it out of his pocket and quirked an eye brow when he saw who was calling. “Its Sungmin, do you want to answer it?” Kyuhyun gave the other a questioning look but took the cell phone.

“Hey Sungmin! What’s up?”

Umm… Kyuhyun?  I thought I was calling Zhoumi” Sungmin said from the other side of the phone.

“Yeah, but I just answered his phone”

Oh, well okay then, I needed to ask you the same thing I wanted to ask him, so do you have any plans for the summer?

“No, why?”

I was planning to go to my cottage in Thailand for the summer, and my parents said that I could invite my friends if I wanted, so I was wondering if you wanted to come.

“Oh that would be cool, who else is going?” Kyuhyun asked.

  “Henry’s coming, and you remember Yesung and Ryewook right? They’re coming and I just called Shindong and he said that he’ll come if you’re coming.

“Oh wow! In that case sign me in!”

Cool! Can you ask Zhoumi if he can come too?”  

“Oh! He doesn’t have anything to do during the summer, he would love to come too”

Oh~ great! I’ll call Shindong and tell him that you’re coming too. So bye for now~

“Alright! Bye” Kyuhyun cut the phone and gave it back to Zhoumi smiling. The older gave the latter a questioning look. “What….it’s not like you have a life or anything…” Kyuhyun mumbled.

Zhoumi sighed. “O.K….so where exactly is this that I would love to go?”

“Oh~! Thailand. Sungmin’s cottage there.”

“Who else is coming?” Zhoumi asked. Kyuhyun smirked.

“Shindong… Yesung… Ryewook… Henry-“

“Okay I’ll come!” Zhoumi said and the two laughed. When they calmed down the older looked at Kyuhyun with a hopeful smile “Hey, maybe this is your chance to tell Sungmin.

“Yeah” Kyuhyun smiled “maybe he said as he trailed off into his thoughts.

***

A.N./Zhoury are just love, don't you think? =^.^=