Chapter 5

Rumours & Roses

“Watch where you’re going Gumball!” Sungmin turned around to see an older, dark haired boy.

“I… I’m sorry” Sungmin stuttered as the latter grabbed the younger’s uniform shirt and pulled him closer.

“You-” Heechul started to say something but a voice stopped him

“Let him go! That’s Kyuhyun’s friend.” A boy said as he put his hand on Heechul's shoulder.

“Changmin?” the older turned around to see the boy that was talking to him, still one hand grasping on Sungmin's uniform color. “He’s Kyuhyun’s friend?” the older smirked which soon turned into laughter. Sungmin glanced at Hankyung as gave the younger an apologetic look. Hankyung sighed and put an arm on Heechul's shoulder.

“Come on… just let him go!” the boy who looked Chinese’s voice was soft but stern. Heechul turned his attention to the taller boy who was talking to him. He raised an eyebrow and smirked before turning back to Sungmin. The older eyed Sungmin from head to toe twice.

“Fine you could go… you and Kyuhyun…” Heechul smirked once more and turned to Changmin. “They’re all the same kind aren’t they?”The two boys started laughing. Heechul let go of the grip on the younger’s shirt.

            “Sorry…” Sungmin bowed and then smiled at Hankyung. The bell rang and Sungmin rushed to class. His confused look turned into a smile when he saw Kyuhyun sitting at his seat.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            “Sungmin” Leeteuk smiled as the new student walked into class. Sungmin turned to face the teacher. “Can I talk to you for a second?”

            “Yeah of course Mr. Park!” he smiled charmingly and made his way to Leeteuk. They exited the class room, thee teacher closing the door behind them. “Is there something wrong Mr. Park?”

            “No of course not. I just was just wondering if you started on the project.”

            “Yeah… and someone’s helping with it!” Sungmin smiled again.

            “Oh ok…” Leeteuk started to open the door but closed it again. “Wait there’s one more thing… the boy sitting beside you… I noticed you didn’t talk much yesterday… umm if he’s causing you any trouble… I just wanted to let you know that he’s really a good kid.”

            “why would he be causing me any trouble?... he’s really nice… he’s the one helping me with the project…’ Sungmin blinked, large eyes filled with confusion.

            Seriously?

“Oh… that’s nice… okay… in that case never mind…” Leeteuk smiled at his student, and then opened the door once more. Sungmin walked over to his seat and pulled out the chair that was neatly tucked under the desk.

“Okay class!” Leeteuk stood in front of the class behind his desk. “since there’s only five more weeks of school and you have an assignment due tomorrow… I’ll give you a work period today.” The students took out their books, some opened it and continued chatting with their friend while a few others started to actually work. Leeteuk walked over to Kyuhyun’s and Sungmin's desk.

“Good morning Kyuhyun!” Kyuhyun looked up and smiled to the older man.

“Good morning.”

WoW the boy has effects.

“You two can work on the project… well if that’s okay with you Kyuhyun… you still have to hand in that assignment for tomorrow.”

“Oh! That’s okay I'm done the assignment anyway…” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who was smiling.

“Okay that’s good… work hard” the teacher said and walked away. The lunch bell rang, but it seemed to Leeteuk as if it had been days since he started waiting for that bell. The students packed their bags, chatting, and they walked out the class doors. Leeteuk piled the papers on his desk and stood up.

“Hello!” a head peaked in to the class room smiling.

‘Kangin-ah” Leeteuk smiled and ran over to the man who was now making his way into the class. The younger’s arms wrapped around the other’s waist.

“I missed you...”  Kangin smiled as he leaned towards the elder.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Kyuhyun walked out of the class room doors not bothering to wait for Sungmin.

            “Wait…. Kyuhyun-ah” Sungmin called out to the younger. Kyuhyun turned around to see a pouting Sungmin. “Don’t just leave me like that!”

            “Look !” the younger seemed serious. “It might not be a good idea for you to be hanging around me…”

“Why?... I like you… we could be good friends,” Kyuhyun shook his head and sighed.

“I don’t have the best reputation here… I heard about what happened this morning… with you and Heechul… and that happened because he saw you with me.” Sungmin’s eyes widened. “If you’re planning at all to fit in… it’s better if you stay away from me.”

            “First of all, I don’t see why it’s a problem for me to hang out with you and second, if people are going to judge me because of who I hangout with then it’s their problem… not mine”

            “In that case… prepare your self for three more years of what you went through this morning.” Kyuhyun smirked and the other smiled.

            The two walked to Sungmin's locker.

            “Wait… I need to ask the teacher something about the project… why don’t you go to the cafeteria and I’ll meet you there?’ the younger smiled.

            “Kay!” Sungmin smiled as he closed the locker door.

            Kyuhyun walked back to the class that they left just minutes earlier. He had no idea what he was getting himself into. Wow Sungmin's really nice. He was about to knock on the door when he saw his teacher, Leeteuk sitting on the desk pressed against his phys.ed. teacher, Kangin who had his arms around him, pulling the other closer. He considered closing the door and walking away, since clearly they were too busy, with their tongues down each others throats to bother with it. The two men turned when they saw the young boy who seemed to be frozen in horror.

            “I’ll uhh… come back later!” Kyuhyun said as the two elders’ face went red.

            “Uhh… hehuhe… umm it’s okay.” The older man said. Kangin pulled away from Leeteuk as the other stood up and fixed his shirt.

            “I-umm excuse me…” Kangin stuttered and walked (basically ran) out of the class room.

“Uhh… Let’s pretend that never happened” Leeteuk gave a pleading smile to his student.

What never happened?” Kyuhyun smirked and Leeteuk smiled.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sungmin walked towards the cafeteria and sat at a table where no one else was sitting. He took out his lunch from his bag and was about to take a bite out of it when a hand tapped his shoulder, and he saw two boys standing behind him.

“Is this seat taken?” the shorter boy pointed to the two chairs opposite to Sungmin.

“Of course not!” Sungmin smiled politely. The two took a seat.

“Hi! My name is Henry” he said with a slight Chinese accent “And this is my friend Zhou Mi” he pointed towards the boy next to him who seemed to be older.

“Hi! And I'm Sungmin!” Sungmin said. Henry and Zhou Mi smiled.