Chapter 21

Rumours & Roses

It had been two weeks since the Kyuhyun-Henry incident had happened and ever since then, Kyuhyun and Henry hadn’t been talking to each other.

Well….They talked to each other only when they had to. The only time they had actually uttered a word to each other since the whole incident was during practice last week and that didn’t really count as a normal conversation.

The only times that Henry and Kyuhyun had spoken to each other was when Henry told Kyuhyun that he was singing at too slow of a pace during one point of the song, or when Kyuhyun had told Henry to stop playing the piano because he needed to use the washroom for a bit. Other than that, the two had successfully managed to spare themselves from engaging in a conversation with the other.

Henry let out a small puff of breath as he watched and waited behind long red curtains. He watched as a group of girls from his grade sang and danced around to Shinee’s song Lucifer and tapped his foot to the beat of the song.

Today had been a real hectic one. Today was the day the two were going to perform their song in front of the school and the boys were stressed out to the max.

Henry let out another puff of air and looked at the other side of the room, where he spotted Kyuhyun hurriedly pacing around the room; the male looked really nervous and kind of panicked and Henry wished that he could go over there and comfort him somehow.

Kyuhyun glanced up and their eyes made contact with each other for the first time today. Kyuhyun walked over to where Henry was and his mouth opened as If he wanted to tell him something.

Henry heard cheering and sounds of clapping and broke eye contact with Kyuhyun to look outside at the crowd.

Kyuhyun closed his mouth and looked at the same direction that Henry was looking at. The two watched as the group of girls bowed down and exited the stage.

They tensed up and made their way to the stage as the MC announced that it was their turn to perform.

“Good luck!” Kyuhyun whispered to Henry and Henry’s slight widened when he heard the elder’s voice, but quickly regained his composure when they walked on stage.

Henry said nothing in return and took a seat in front of the piano. For the second time today the two made eye contact and Henry nodded to Kyuhyun signaling that he was about to start playing.

Henry took a deep breath before letting his long fingers come into contact with the cold ivory keys of the piano.

The crowd waited in silence for Kyuhyun to sing and listened to the melodic tune that came from the piano.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath before he opened his mouth and started singing.

Naege eonjen-ga watdeon neo-ui eolgureul gi-eoghae Meomchwoittdeon nae mam-eul mibgedo gojang nan nae gaseum-eul Neo-ui hwanhan misoga sibgedo yeon-geoya

Henry’s eyes lowered as he heard the older male’s beautiful voice, he continued to play the piano and listened intently to Kyuhyun’s voice.

He felt himself getting lost into Kyuhyun’s voice and soon Henry found himself starting to recollect memories.

Henry quietly walked behind his gege and took in a breath before asking him, “Are you sure that we won’t get caught?”

Hankyung stopped walking and turned around. He smiled at the younger boy, “Chillax...You practically blend in with everyone, I’m sure that the teacher’s won’t catch us, since they’re not even paying attention at the moment.” He said as he pulled Henry’s hand and hurriedly made his way to the theatre.

Henry looked down at his apparel, he was wearing Hankyung’s school uniform, it was kind of big on him. Henry was just a little bit thinner than his gege and found it kind of hard to keep up with the older male as he kept on tripping over the school pants.

For a boy in Grade 8, Henry was thinner than most boys in his class, and this really surprised him because he ate A LOT. His mother always assured him though that he’d gain weight and that he shouldn’t be worried.

Henry stumbled and bumped into Hankyung when the older male suddenly stopped walking. “The hell, gege? A warning would have been nice.” Henry mumbled the second part.

“We’re here...” Hankyung said, he ignored the younger boy’s comment and led him into the theatre, where they took a seat near the stage.

What was Henry doing at Hankyung’s school in the first place you ask? Well the answer was simple. He came to watch a school performance with his gege.

His gege told him that his school was famous for their school performances and being the curious chipmunk he was, Henry begged Hankyung to take him to one of the performances. It took some convincing, but Hankyung had agreed to take the younger male and boy was Henry happy about that.

They watched as many acts had come and gone and Henry cheered along with the crowd, Hankyung was right. No one had suspected that he was a middle schooler and Henry blended well with the crowd.

Hankyung saw his dongsaeng smiling and enjoying himself and smiled. He quickly ruffled Henry’s hair before returning his gaze to the stage; patiently waiting for the next act to appear.

“…And now we have Cho Kyuhyun hear to sing us a ballad by Alex Chu called “Flower Pot!”

meolliseo meolliseo meolliseo geudaega oneyo I ddeollineun ma-eumeul eoddeohke marhaeya hanayo Geudaen….

Henry caught his breath when he heard a beautiful voice sing into the microphone. He closed his eyes and felt his heart stir with every note this male called “Kyuhyun” had sung.

Henry opened his eyes and fixed them on the person who was singing. He saw hair that looked really soft cradle a face that was fair and grew tense when he looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes. They were so beautiful.

Henry let out a puff of air and caught his breath again the moment his eyes locked with Kyuhyun’s chocolate ones for a brief second before Kyuhyun turned away to look at the crowd.

Henry relaxed when Kyuhyun finished his song and sunk deep into his seat. He felt beads of cold sweat form on his forehead.

Hankyung noticed the change in behavior in his dongsaeng and understood what was going on at the moment. He gave Henry a small pat on the back and gave him a small smile.

Henry returned the smile and looked back at the stage. He heard many students cheering as loud as he could and Henry joined them, he could have been the loudest one cheering if not for the girls to his right who let out many high-pitched squeals.

Henry and Hankyung cringed and the two continued to watch as various people performed.

--

Henry quietly walked to a bush and when he saw his target, he slowly started to follow him. Kyuhyun was really popular. He had a group of guys walking with him and there were a lot of girls that crowded up behind them with hearts in their eyes.

He walked on his tippy toes and hid behind many bushes as he followed the male to his house. Anyone who looked at Henry at the moment would have thought that he was some weird, stalker-like kid and whenever Henry caught the glances of passers-by, that is exactly what he saw in their eyes.

“You do know that stalking is illegal,l right?” Henry quickly turned around and saw his gege standing before him.

“Gege! It’s not what you..” Hankyung quirked an eyebrow and smirked because he thought that Henry’s stuttering was really cute. “Think? Well…It is exactly what you think it is..but not?”

Henry sounded confused; Hankyung let out a small chuckle, “You’re going to lose track of him if you aren’t looking you know?” Hankyung gave Henry a small pat on the back.

“Don’t worry, I understand...Now run along before you miss him.”Henry gave Hankyung an Oh-my-gosh-you’re-the-best-cousin-ever! look. He gave Henry a small push to Kyuhyun’s direction before disappearing to who-knows-where.

Henry sighed before he continued to follow the unsuspecting Kyuhyun to Kyuhyun’s home.

What is wrong with me? Henry asked himself as he felt his heart race when he saw the older boy’s smiling face when he greeted someone at the door of his house.

Henry saw Kyuhyun hug the male and felt a pang of jealousy run through him. Honestly…What is wrong with me? Henry asked himself and he turned around and walked back to his home.

“…Nothing better, nothing better than you.”

Henry hit the last note and was greeted with silence as Kyuhyun had stopped singing.

The crowd was quiet, but after a few seconds of realizing that the performance was over, they belted out loud cheers and claps.

Henry saw Kyuhyun take a bow and the second later Henry felt as if his brain had retired and his body took its place, he jolted up from his seat and started to make his way to his partner.

The crowd stopped cheering and watched Henry, confusion evident on their faces and they waited to see what would happen next.

Kyuhyun heard the cheering stopped and looked at Henry. Kyuhyun saw the young male making his way to him with a fast pace; Kyuhyun’s expression reflecting that of the crowd’s.

Kyuhyun’s eyes grew wide and he stood frozen. Henry’s eyes were closed and his body was tense and he heard gasping coming from the audience.

********************

A/N: Soooo how are you all doing?!  My goal was to update atleast once every month.. (acctually it was originally 2 weeks but since that didn't happen...) and i acheived my goal!! there is two more days left for a month to be over.

I could give you a long explanation onto why i havent updated for soo long, but... since you guys probably dont care and the explantion would just proove that I'm really lazy i'm just going to sum it up. I had alot of homework and sice i'm a major procrastinator i left to the last day so i didn't have time to write. So as an Amazing friend, Thewinterfairy helped me, (once again) through the pain and agony of not updating, and wrote this chapter for me. Is'nt it great?!!!!!

P.S. OhMyGosh I just found out that Heechul Kissed Eunhyuk!!!!!! I love him for that!!

P.P.S. TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!!!!!!