Chapter 7

Rumours & Roses

It was 8:00 and the bell for the first period had just wrung.  Yunho woke up from his dazed look to the sound of the bell.  Oh great now I’m gonna be late for class. Yunho ran to his class not bothering to stop to get his books from his locker.  He walked into class hoping that the teacher was not in the classroom yet. Oh. . was the only thing Yunho could say when he saw the boy that made his heart pound twice as faster than it usually did, sitting in his class room. Great I’m already failing this class, and with him in it, I guess this would be the first time I’m going to get a minus mark. Yunho walked to the end of the class room and sat on the only seat that was available, except for the one beside Jaejoong, which just happened to be behind him. Yunho stared at the back of Jaejoong’s head wondering how nice it would be to run his fingers through the latters brown locks. Yunho wasn’t sure how long it had been before Jaejoong turned his head slightly towards the side and then focused on his notebook once more.

“You know if you’re just gonna stare at me, then you might as well come sit beside me and stare. I need to copy down someone’s notes anyway...”A smirk appeared on Jaejoong's face.

“Uhh... sorry, didn’t mean to stare...sorry...” Yunho stressed words out of his mouth and Jaejoong turned his head to see Yunho.

“I wasn’t kidding about the sitting beside me part, I don’t particularly like sitting alone, and you can stare while I copy down the notes.” Jaejoong smiled.

“Ummm... Okay...” Yunho took his bag and slung it over his shoulder he grabbed the note book that belonged to the student that was sitting beside him and handed it to Jaejoong.

“Hey that’s my-!” his classmate started to say. Yunho glared at the boy and he closed his mouth. Yunho pulled out the chair and sat on it.

“Thanks” Jaejoong said “my name is Jaejoong by the way... but you can call me Jae though.”

“Oh and I’m Yunho... but I don’t think you can really shorten that... unless you wanna call me Yun... or No... or...O...” Yunho shrugged and Jaejoong laughed.

“Quiet!” it was their teacher Xiah Junsu. “We have anew student in our class” Junsu paused and his eyes ran through the classroom until he found Jaejoong. He smiled at the younger “would you mind introducing yourself?” Jaejoong stood up and bowed to the classroom.

“Hello and good morning everyone...my name is Kim Jaejoong... I’m looking forward to meeting you all, I hope we have good rest of the year together.” Jaejoong bowed, as some of the girls in the class whispered 그는예쁜 (geuneun yeppeun which means he’s pretty... I don’t speak Korean...I used the translator so sorry if it’s wrong) to each other.

“Thank you Jaejoong... oh Yunho it’s nice to see you here. We haven’t seen you in a long time.” he said and started to teach the class.

 Yunho stared at Jaejoong while the latter wrote down the notes. Oh Wow! How could someone write down math notes so... so ily... ahh... Jaejoong started sweating because of the heat, Yunho had the urge wipe it off. He lifted his hand to wipe it off but stopped himself. Ahh no I can’t... that would be weird... what would he think of me... hmm... I wonder if he likes guys... Oh! We should have a couple name! What would it be?... YunJoong? No that sounds weird... JaeHo? Yeah right... YunJae? Hmm... that sounds nice... then YunJae it is...wait what am I saying?! He’s not gay... wait! I'm not gay!-

“Aren’t you gonna write something down?” Yunho’s thoughts were interrupted by Jaejoong.

“Umm yeah... I would, but I don’t have anything to write with so...”

“Oh!~ you should have asked me...” Jaejoong reached into his bag then pulled out a pen and offered it to Yunho “here I have an extra one.”

“Th-thanks” Yunho said and played with the pen trying not to stare directly at the other boy.

“Well... aren’t you gonna write?” Jaejoong asked once more.

“I didn’t have time to go to my locker so I don’t have my note book...”

“Yeah you did... I saw you standing there; you totally had time to go.”

“Yeah... I got a little... distracted...” Yunho said looking away and Jaejoong nodded slightly confused. It wasn’t long before the bell rung. Yunho gave Jaejoong his pen back and was about to leave. “Well... I’ll see you tomorrow?” Yunho asked

“Yeah” Jaejoong said “oh... wait do you mind helping me get to my next class?”

“Sure!” Yunho seemed creepishly excited “what do you have next period?”

“Gym...and thanks...”

“Oh no problem I have the same class... tell you what... I don’t really have anything to do after school this afternoon... you can meet me after classes and I’ll show you around.” Yunho said.

“Oh... okay... thanks...” the two walked into the gym. Jaejoong met his teacher Kim Kangin who seemed very nice.

“Why don’t we go to the change room, you could put your bag in there...” Yunho said. Jaejoong followed Yunho into the change room. He put his bag in a corner; Yunho put his bag next to the others and took his gym clothes. Yunho ed his uniform shirt then took it off exposing his chocolate abs. Wooooooooow he’s ho~~~t!! Jaejoong thought when he saw the latter shirtless. “Wait for me? I’ll change quickly and we can go into the gym together!” Yunho said and Jaejoong nodded absent-mindedly.

In the gym Jaejoong watched Yunho doing push-ups, he walked over to the other and other and put a hand on Yunho’s shoulder.

“Wow~ Yunho you’re pretty good.” Yunho’s cheeks turned pink while doing push-ups, he felt much like a twelve year old girl who would blush when her fourteen year old crush so much as just looked at her. He shook his head at the thought. Gym period was...interesting for Yunho that day, Jaejoong never stopped complimenting him about Yunho’s perfect body while Yunho had R rated thoughts about Jaejoong. By the end of that period Yunho had learned how to NOT blush every time Jaejoong complimented him. Yunho sat down at the side of the gym as he stared at Jaejoong who was sitting on the other end of the room.

Now all he had to learn was how to stop drooling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungmin walked out of his second period class for lunch, he had told Kyuhyun that he would meet him in the cafeteria after he had gone to his locker that he shared with Henry. He walked through the empty hallway wondering where Henry and Zhoumi might be, maybe at their lockers...? Sungmin smiled at the thought, it hadn’t been more than a week since they met but somewhere along the way they had become very good friends. Sungmin turned the corner to get to his shared locker.

OH. MY. GOD!

Well...

He was right about the guess that they might be at their lockers.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Henry and Zhoumi weren’t exactly one of the most touchy-touchy couples, the kind that couldn’t keep their hands off the other for half a second. But Henry had a way of getting inappropriate at exactly the wrong time. (Not that Zhoumi didn’t minded, at all, he was fairly sure, that Henry was the only ninth grader he knows, who could be cute and y at the same time.) But Henry’s random inappropriateness did tend to get them into tough situations.

Situations like this, where he is pushed up against Henry who was pushed up against the locker, with his tongue down Zhoumi’s throat and a death grip on his collar.

Now that on its self wouldn’t be bad (actually not bad at all) IF there WERE’NT a certain pink loving boy staring at them his mouth open and his eyes so wide that there was a very good chance that they would pop out in two seconds.

Yeah... those types of situations.

Zhoumi pulled away from the other (well more like jumped) and Henry whined still oblivious to Sungmin’s presence. He was enjoying that DAMNIT!

“Whaaaaaaat?” he glared at Zhoumi. It wasn’t until then he noticed how flushed the older boy looked (well, no surprise there) and the look of embarrassment. Zhoumi glanced at Sungmin and Henry looked to side Zhoumi was motioning to and noticed the older boy frozen in place.

Oh...well that explains.

“H-...H- hyung” Henry scratched his head awkwardly at a loss of words. “I-I can explain!” Henry’s cheeks turned from light pink to red. . ! Henry bit his lip at the lack of reaction as he fidgeted with the cuffs of his uniform shirt.

Sungmin snapped out of his daze and smirked. “I don’t think that needs explanation.” He sighed dramatically. “Although I am a bit offended that you guys didn’t tell me that you were together,” he pouted “I thought we were friends!”

This time it was Henry and Zhoumi who stared slack jawed as Sungmin brushed past them to his locker. “Oh well~ better late than never... but this doesn’t really count as telling me though” this seemed to snap the two out of their daze and Henry spun on his heels to face Sungmin.

“Wait... but... that’s... it?”

“Uhhh” Sungmin’s intelligent reply came. “What where you expecting me to do?”  Zhoumi somehow composed himself to ask him more since Henry looked more than a little perplexed.

  “So you don’t have a problem with this... I mean...” Sungmin raised an eyebrow.

“With the fact that your gay?” Zhoumi blinked a few times before nodding reluctantly. Sungmin’s eyes lit up as he smiled. “Of course not... I’m not a hypocrite you know” Henry’s mouth opened and closed before he said anything.

“So... you’re gay?” Sungmin started laughing as he closed the locker door and started walking through the hallway.

“Give the boy a medal!” and the other two followed behind, and Henry wore a ridiculously giddy smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “Kyuhyun-ah! Wait! Kyuhyun-ah!”  Jaejoong called as he ran towards the younger, Kyuhyun turned around hearing someone call his name.

“Oh hey! How is your first day at this school so far? How did you find your way to second period class?”

 “It’s been really good so far and Yunho showed me the way to second period he has math and gym with me!”

“Huh? Wait! Yunho is in twelfth grade, a senior... and you’re in eleventh grade a junior how do you have the same class as Yunho? Well... I can see why Yunho would be in your class but I thought last year his math teacher gave him a fifty percent and passed him because she was sick of him being in her class.” Kyuhyun said. 

“Oh I’m in twelfth grade math I skipped an year!” Jaejoong said.

“How does a person who doesn’t know what NaCl is skip a year of MATH?”  Kyuhyun asked.

“That is chemistry. This is math. Two different things... and what the hell is NaCl?”

“Salt man! Salt! Sodium freakin’ CHLORIDE!!” Kyuhyun shook his head in disbelief.

“See...this is why chemistry doesn’t make sense. Why is sodium Na when it starts with So... anyway whatever... so how is it going with Kibum?” Jaejoong smiled.

“Kibum got a job offer...” Kyuhyun frowned.

“Oh... where?”

“In Thailand so he had to move there...”

“Oh... I’m sorry...” Kyuhyun gave Jaejoong a weak smile “Well at least you have a cute little boyfriend who loves PINK~! Where did you get that kid from?!”

“I wouldn’t say that...” Kyuhyun smirked.

“What?”

“You remember how everyone in our old school thought you were girly and thought you would be bad at gym, but at the end of the day you’d be the one who does the most push-ups, sit-ups and laps...”

“Yeah... your point being” Jaejoong asked slightly confused.

“Yeah turns out the cute little thing you just said has a black belt in martial arts...”

“Whow! So what is it like having a boyfriend that could kick your ?” Jaejoong smirked.

“He can NOT kick my .... wait! He’s not my BOYFRIEND!” Kyuhyun said. Jaejoong laughed and put a hand on the younger’s shoulder.

“Wow... you haven’t changed a bit...” Jaejoong said as Kyuhyun pouted. The two walked through the hall way when they saw Changmin and Yunho walking the opposite direction. Yunho waved at Jaejoong and he waved back, and anyone who did not see the flirtatious end to that, would be blind. Kyuhyun noticed Yunho’s face going red and Changmin looking at him in a way that said you’re pathetic! Of course Yunho didn’t see that because he was too busy drooling over Jaejoong. Jaejoong smiled as Yunho brushed past him.

“So you seem to like him...” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Yeah... he’s really nice.”

“You mean he’s Hot?” Kyuhyun quirked an eyebrow.

 “Yeah that passed my mind too...” Jaejoong chuckled.

“Let me guess you spend half of the gym period feeling him up in the disguise of compliments?” the younger asked.

“Well.... kind of...” the two laughed.

“Yeah you haven’t changed a bit either...” the two entered the cafeteria and Kyuhyun’s smile turned into a serious look.

“What’s wrong?” the older asked. Kyuhyun glanced at Yunho and Changmin who were now joining Heechul and his group and then turned back to Jaejoong.

“I don’t think that would be the best idea...” Kyuhyun said. Jaejoong turned to see Heechul talking to his group.

“What are you worried about?! That Heechul is gonna give me hell for trying to fagify one of his so-called friends?”

“Look Jae...I don’t know how you know Heechul, since you clearly do, but he’s a lot more dangerous than he looks. He can turn the whole school against you. And he’s proved it. It’s probably the  best for you if you stay away from him or his gang.”

Jaejoong glanced once more at Heechul, and he noticed Heechul’s hand resting on Hankyung’s thigh. A slight smirk appeared on Jaejoong’s face, but the look in his eyes was almost...sympathetic.  He turned back to Kyuhyun.

“Look Kyu... there’s a lot you don’t know about Heechul...”