Chapter 22

Rumours & Roses

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as he saw Henry making his way to him with a fast pace. The crowd had gone silent, even the teachers and backstage crew were anticipating what would happen next. The next thing Kyuhyun knew Henry’s arms were wrapped around his waist and his lips pressed against the other’s.

Henry pulled away, his eyes were welling up, and Kyuhyun stood in shock as Henry caressed Kyuhyun’s cheek with the back of his hand. Everyone knew that Kyuhyun was gay; thanks to Heechul but… with that kiss Henry had made it public as well. Kyuhyun glanced at the crowd and heard some murmurs and whispers floating around. He focused his eyes back at Henry, their eyes interlocked.

Henry had said something but Kyuhyun couldn’t make out exactly what he said. The next thing Kyuhyun could register was Henry pulling him off of stage.

He didn’t understand why Henry would risk losing his friends and respect from half of the school and that, for Kyuhyun. He knew what it was like; he went through it, being rejected by the school because he was ‘different’.

“Why did you….?” Kyuhyun pointed at the stage, “that was a bad idea.” Henry smiled.

“It’ll come out soon or later that we’re together.”

“We are?” Kyuhyun asked confused. Henry chuckled at the elders face expression, and took his hand.

“We are.”

******

“Thankyou,” Siwon said to one of the students who performed and later walked out of the auditorium.

“Yah Siwon!” Siwon turned around when he heard a familiar voice call him.

“You know you’re not supposed to call me by my first name right?” Siwon said to the young boy who was making his way towards him.

“Yeah… but I’m not a student here anymore.” The boy said. Siwon sighed and shook his head; there was no point in expecting respect from him.

“So… how’s collage?”

“It’s okay… but my roommate is annoying though.”

“Why?”  The older male asked.

“He tells me to study. I mean what is he my mom?” the two laughed.

“But I hear he’s your boyfriend though.” Siwon smiled proudly.

“Yeah…” the boy chuckled, “wait… do you stalk me?” Siwon laughed.

“No… but whether you’re here not the students still talk about you behind your back… but I wouldn’t take it too personally though, I think it’s a slightly twisted way of saying that they mean something to them.” Siwon said and the boy scoffed.

“You don’t have to sugar coat it, I know what I was.” Siwon shrugged.

“And yet, some admire you.” He said. The boy chuckled.

“You mean ‘admired’, are you losing your grammar? It’s admired that’s past tense, before I admitted that I’m a complete hypocrite.”

“No, I do mean admire.”Siwon said. “Sometimes sincere beats suave.” The boy let out a bitter laugh.

“But suave is so much easier.”

“You don’t have to give either.” Siwon smiled. The other sighed.

“Yeah well… I’m pretty sure it’s hard to staysuave while apologizing.”

Siwon smiled and patted the younger on the shoulder, “I will pray to God and thank Him for this change,” Siwon said, “and I hope that this is not just a phase, like many others that you’ve gone through.” He added teasingly.

“Ha ha ha how hilarious!” the edge of his lips quirked up despite of his monotone and unimpressed facial expression. The boy looked around, “Do you know where-” spotting the person he needed to talk to he turned back to Siwon and smiled, “never mind.” He took in a deep breath. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, there is something I need to make right.” Siwon nodded knowingly as the boy walked away; of course he made sure to wish him luck before he left.

********************

“Kyuhyun!” Kyuhyun turned around as he heard a familiar voice call out his name. Anyone who knew enough would expect Kyuhyun to be mad, but it was the opposite, he was almost glad.

“Heechul…”

“I know, what I did last year and… I don’t know why… I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun nodded. “I know I was being a hypocrite…” Heechul looked up at Kyuhyun expecting him to be mad but Kyuhyun just nodded again.

“How’s Hankyung?”Kyuhyun asked. Heechul’s eye widened at the younger’s question.

“You know?”

“I presume you forgot that I’m friends with Jaejoong?”

“Oh… right…” Heechul’s stared at the floor, but looked up at Kyuhyun when he realized something. “Wait… you knew before the school year ended, didn’t you?”

“Yeah…”

“Why didn’t you-”

“Tell anyone?” Kyuhyun asked as if he read the other’s mind. “Why would I?”

“I don’t know… cuz…”

“What’s done is done okay? So… don’t worry.” Kyuhyun said. After a few moments of awkwardness Kyuhyun spoke again. “Since we’re very well acquainted with each other…” Kyuhyun said sarcastically, “So I want you to meet someone.”

“Huh? Who?”

“My boyfriend!” Kyuhyun said. He turned to Henry who was standing a bit further awe ay and motioned him to come to where the other two were standing. “Well… of course you would know him better as your boyfriend’s cousin.” Kyuhyun said. Henry walked over to the other two and took Kyuhyun’s hand.

“Oh hey Heechul hyung! How’s your throat feeling?” Henry asked, “Geng ge said that you were feeling a little sick last weekend.”   

Heechul pointed at the two, “Wait- what-when did this happen?”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “It’s pretty complicated and a long story.”

Wow umm… congratulations? I think,” A horrified expression crossed Heechul’s face, “wait… so does this make us… family?” 

*********************************************************************************

A/N: Update!!! I'M BACCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!! I know I know, ur probably disapointed cuz of my bad writing, but to my defense... I have written creatively in almost.... a month and a half? 

ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GOOO!!! (I hate ending in odd numbers)

but yes comment~, comment~, comment~ 

BuhBye for now!!!

Gonna go study for my math test :(