The Nurse's Office

Driven To Despair

"Would these clothes do?" Minho asked, handing Krystal a pair of clothes. Krystal slightly frowned at the unappealing, dull sweater and sweat pants. Nevertheless, she nodded her head and dried her hair again with a towel.

"Thanks for saving me back there," she mumbled. Minho frowned at Krystal.

"Why do you let them bully you so much? Shouldn't you bully them back?" Minho asked.

"Why should I?" Krystal asked. Minho kept quiet, and took a deep breath.

"You know, you used to bully me during second and third grade," Minho said. "Before, you really stood out around a crowd. Now? I can hardly find you."

Krystal kept quiet. Slowly, she said, "I bullied you? Really?"

Minho blinked his eyes. He took a deep, shaky breath. If she forgot that she bullied me, I'm going to literally kill her. "Yeah, you did. You used to pinch my arm everyday."

"I did?"

Minho made a fist. Don't tell me that I'm the only one who was suffering and remembering the times you bullied me! "Yeah, you did."

Krystal tilted her head. "Hm…I don't remember."

Minho felt the world crashing down on him. He felt like his existence never appealed to Krystal's eyes. He even had second thoughts on why Krystal bullied him in the first place. He took a deep breath and slowly got up.

"Well, that's what happened. Want me to get something for you?" Minho asked. "I'm going to get a water bottle at our new vending machine."

Krystal shook her head, and Minho left the room without glancing back. When he left, Krystal sighed. She waited for two minutes, the room enveloped in silence.

"You can come out now," Krystal mumbled, but loud enough for the mysterious figure to hear. L quickly appeared before Krystal's eyes, closing the nurse's door behind him. He rushed to Krystal's side and frowned at her.

"Are you kidding me?" he yelled, but quiet enough for no one but Krystal to hear him. "Why do you let Suzy bully you so much? I'm not saying that you should bully her back, but come on. Stand up for yourself!" He paused, and shook his head. "No wait, never mind. I take back what I said about standing up for yourself. Just avoid Suzy or something."

Krystal ignored L and glanced out the window. "What do you want?"

"I came here to see you, dummy," L muttered.

"Ha. That's a first," she mumbled quietly. L, who heard Krystal, glared at her.

"It's not my fault that I'm busy with other people," L grunted. "Anyways, are you okay?"

Sure! I'm perfectly fine. I just got food dumped on my hair and clothes by your girlfriend, and it was the most wonderful moment I had in my life. I'm perfectly fine, Krystal thought sarcastically. "Yeah, I am."

"You don't seem confident with that answer. Honestly, can you be any dumber than you are?" L asked, sighing. Krystal clenched a fist under her blanket.

"Well, sorry for causing you so much trouble," she apologized half-heartedly. The two kept quiet for a long time. It wasn't normal for the two to talk too long. Heck, this would probably be their longest conversation they had for years. Finally, L rubbed his nap and bit his lips.

"That guy…The guy who saved you earlier…He's Minho, right? Choi Minho? Your science buddy with Taemin?" L asked.

"Yeah. So what about him?" Krystal asked, turning back to look at L. L looked away and shrugged.

"Nothing. Just asking," L replied.

"You were going to say something," Krystal said. She frowned as L tried to avoid Krystal's gaze.

"I said it was nothing," L repeated.

"Liar," Krystal accused.

"I'm not lying! I said it was nothing! I was just asking that stupid question!" L shouted.

"Mhm," Krystal sarcastically hummed, rolling her eyes. "Please, I know you better than that."

L's cheeks flushed. "I-I said it was nothing…"

Suddenly, the two heard someone whistling from afar. L quickly got up and widened his eyes. He turned to Krystal, who had a depressed expression on her face. L bit his lips again and apologized to Krystal as he made his way out the door. However, when he stepped out the office, he met a familiar man holding a water bottle in his hand.

"L?" the man said. L slowly looked to see Minho raising an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

"I…Bandage. I just needed to get a stupid bandage, that's all," L replied.

"A…bandage?" Minho repeated, hesitating with the answer.

"Yep, that's right. I got a huge injury on my finger," L answered.

"A huge injury?" Minho said, glancing at L's finger. They were perfectly fine in Minho's eyes. "And where is the bandage?"

L laughed. "You know, that's the funny thing. There's no more bandage in the office! I'm going to the front office right now. Want to come?"

Minho shook his head. "No, I'm okay. Uh, see you later?"

"Sure," L said. He bid Minho a "goodbye" and took off. Minho blinked his eyes, slightly tilted his head and entered the room.

No bandages in the nurse's office? How strange, Minho thought, frowning.