Lies

Driven To Despair

Krystal began to stare at the two strip of papers on her hands. She gazed into the bold, large names, and sighed as she looked away from the names. Why was she so unlucky? Why did it have to be these two? She didn't even know what to get the two boys. L usually liked something small and sweet, but did his taste bud change? How about Minho? What did Minho even like? She hardly even knew Minho's favorites.

"Hey ugly." Krystal stopped her tracks and froze. She tightly closed her eyes and quickly hid the two papers in her pocket. She slowly turned around and met the four bullies' eyes. They all smirked and grinned evilly at Krystal.

"Hello Suzy, Min, Fei, and Jia," Krystal greeted slowly. Her voice was low, and there was a hint of fear in her greeting. This caused Suzy to grin wider.

"So are you going to lunch?" Suzy asked, skipping towards Krystal. Krystal shook her head. "Oh? Then where are you going?"

"I…I have some personal businesses to take care of," Krystal whispered. Suzy nodded her head, not amused. She reached her arm and gently grabbed ahold of a long strand of Krystal's jet black hair.

"Hm. I see. Well, I'll let you go off for today if you tell me something," Suzy said. She leaned closer to Krystal's ears. "Tell me the person who has L's name."

Krystal froze. She started to panic, and tried her best to hide her fear. She heard her heart pound against her chest, and felt her hands get sweaty. She had L's name. She knew that if Suzy knew this, then Krystal would be dead in less than a second. Krystal quickly backed up and wiped her hands against her pants. She wet her lips, and stared at Suzy with wide eyes.

"If…If I tell you who has L's name, then what would you do with the person?" Krystal asked.

"Force her to give the paper to me," Suzy said, rolling her eyes as if it was an obvious answer.

"A-And if the person doesn't give it to you?"

There was a glint of darkness clouding Suzy's brown eyes. "Make her suffer for the rest of the year until I graduate and never see her hideous face again."

Suzy's answer seemed to hit Krystal. Krystal quickly bit her lips and looked down at her shoes. She pushed away Suzy's hand and gulped loudly. She slowly looked up, and met Suzy's impatient look.

"The person…the person who has it…" Krystal wet her lips and looked around. Name! There were tons of students around here. She just had to pick one and name a random girl! Then she wouldn't need to suffer anymore! She would let off for the rest of the day until tomorrow game. There was a hint of greed in Krystal's eyes. She scanned around the hall, and her smile grew. However, as she looked around, her smile slowly faded.

"Well? Who has it, idiot?" Suzy snapped. Krystal stared at Suzy. What was she thinking? Dragging another person into Krystal's situation would be the most horrifying greed Krystal would've done in her life! How could she just pick a random person and name her? 

Krystal gulped loudly, and stared at Suzy's eyes. "I…don't know."

Why aren't I giving Suzy L's name?

 

L was walking around the hallways, humming a tune to himself. His friends were nowhere to be found, and he didn't even bother to search for his girlfriend. He had his hands in his pockets, and since he was alone, a few daring girls decided to approach him and have a conversation with him.

"Hey L," a random girl greeted. L just smiled and nodded his head. Who was this girl? The girl noticed L's confused face behind his fake smile. She frowned, and elbowed his arm. "It's me, Sulli! Remember? I went to kindergarten with you!"

L blinked his eyes. "Uh…yeah, I guess."

Sulli scoffed. "Do you remember Krystal? Your best friend?"

L stiffened as he tried to smile. "Y-Yeah, I do. What about her?"

"I used to play with Krystal when we were kindergartners! Remember? I'm the girl who smiled a lot," Sulli said, hoping that L would remember. A quick memory flashed in L's head as he nervously remembered Sulli. He let out a weak chuckle and looked away from Sulli's bright look.

This was his biggest nightmare. He never thought that he would see someone from his grade school who remembered him being friends with Krystal! He tried so hard to hide his past by others, but he guessed that some people, like Sulli, had an excellent memory. Suddenly, L saw Sulli as a threat to his popularity. If anyone knew or heard of L being childhood friends with Krystal, he would be made fun of!

"You idiot snob! How dare you waste my time?" someone screamed. L clearly didn't recognize this voice. He quickly rushed to a large crowded area not to far from where he had chatted with Sulli. Sulli followed right behind him, squeezing through the crowd just to see what was going on. L, who finally made it into the center of the circle, widened his eyes. Krystal was on the ground, wheeping and shaking her body as she curled herself into a ball. Suzy narrowed her eyes and kicked Krystal on her side, causing Krystal to scream in agony. L looked around, hoping to find a teacher. Why weren't the teachers here?

"Sulli, go get someone," L commanded.

"Who?" Sulli asked, panicking.

"I don't know! Anyone! Just bring someone who can fix this situation!" L yelled. Sulli squeaked and nodded her head as she ran out of the crowd to find an adult. L stood still, staring at Krystal get bullied by Suzy and the rest of her gangs.

Wait.

"Suzy!" L yelled, rushing up to her. Suzy looked up, widened her eyes, and quickly fixed her hair. She smiled innocently at L and gave him a small wave.

"Oh, hey! What's up?" Suzy asked sweetly. L glanced at Krystal, who took a quick peek at her savior. L gave Krystal a secret smile and turnd to Suzy. He quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him. This caused Suzy to blush and look away from L's serious gaze.

"What the heck are you up to?" L asked coldly. The blush on Suzy's face quickly disappeared as her face turned white.

"W-What?"

"How long were you planning to ruin her life?" L questioned. "Do you know what impact you might've effected her?"

Suzy scoffed. "You're defending her? L, let me remind you that you're defending a helpless block head. You're supposed to support me, your girlfriend!"

L sensed that his popularity was on the verge of falling apart. Just when he was about to say something smart, Sulli rushed over with a random teacher. The teacher gasped and stared at the horrifying scene. Krystal was still on the ground, whimpering like an injured puppy. L and Suzy turned to the teacher, and the color on Suzy's face drained in less than a second.

"What in the world is going on?" the teacher screamed. L glanced at Suzy. He was ready to blame his girlfriend any minute now.

Suddenly, L stopped himself. If he blamed Suzy, she could break up with him. He would be friendless, and no one would be there to support him. Then again, if he did blame Suzy, then Krystal wouldn't be bullied anymore. Krystal would be able to breath, and soon nothing would be able to stop him. L frowned, and glanced at Suzy, then at Krystal. He looked at the teacher, and finally released Suzy's wrist. Suzy grabbed her sore wrist and rubbed it with her other hand. L walked up to the teacher, slipped his hands in his pocket, and flicked his tongue in annoyance.

"It was me, you stupid teacher. I was just about to break Suzy's arm until you interrupted me. Everyone was getting hyped up for nothing!" L lied. Everyone except for the teacher widened their eyes. Krystal desperately wanted to protect her friend, but she was able to say nothing. Suzy obviously wasn't going to risk herself to get in trouble for her boyfriend. The teacher glared at L and grabbed him by the ear.

"Mr. Kim, you are going to the principal's office! Now!"