Pathetic

Driven To Despair

"Hey Krystal! What's up?" Four girls walked over to Krystal, who silently read her book. It seemed like Krystal was ignoring these bullies, but she wasn't. She lacked the ability to ignore and defend herself. Her ears were wide open, as she secretly listened to what these girls – Fei, Jia, Min, and Suzy – had to say to her. Fei leaned closer to Krystal, and gently scooped a strand of Krystal's hair.

"Omo! Did you wash your hair for once? I think I smell…garbage," Fei mocked. The four girls laughed, as the other students either laughed along with the girls or stared at Krystal sympathetically. Krystal softly pushed away Fei's hand. Min leaned towards Krystal and snatched away her book. That's when Krystal finally made eye-contact with the girls. Right when she met Min's eyes, she regretted looking up.

"What's this? The Little Princess? Isn't this an old book?" Min asked with a hint of rudeness in her voice. Krystal bit her bottom lips.

"I-It's a classic book…" Krystal quickly shut before she could say any more. Fortunately, the girls didn't seem to hear Krystal's comment about her book. Jia took the book away from Min and flipped a couple of pages. After flipping five pages without reading the story, she yawned in boredom.

"Ugh. I only see words," Jia frowned. When Jia turned a page, she slightly ripped the page. Krystal quietly gasped and widened her eyes. Seeing Krystal's reaction from the small rip on the page, Jia smirked as she grabbed the corner of the page.

Rip! Jia tore off the pages of the book, one by one. Krystal's eyes widened even more, and was wide open. Yet, she didn't even say a word. Min and Fei smirked, as Jia laughed in amusement. They enjoyed torturing the fragile girl. It was so funny to see Krystal look scared and pale.

After watching Jia tear up the fifteenth page, Krystal stood up. She opened , ready to say something.

"T-That's a library book! Y-You can't do that!" Krystal stuttered nervously. Jia narrowed her eyes as Suzy took the book away from Jia.

"Unnie, you should stop that. You're going to hurt this little girl's feelings," Suzy said adorably. Jia rolled her eyes as Suzy smiled at Krystal gently. She handed the book to Krystal, as Krystal gave her a shaky look. "Here, take it."

Krystal stood still for a moment. Then, just when she reached for the hard-covered book, Suzy pulled her hand back and threw the book at Krystal. Krystal squeaked and fell on her bottom, as the book fell into a puddle of mud. The bullies laughed, and walked away with their arms locking with each other. Krystal bit her tongue, and held back her tears. She reached to grab her book before feeling a sharp pain on her elbow. She gasped, and pulled her arm back. She turned her arm around, only to find her elbow dripping with blood on the concrete. Krystal let out a shaky sigh and grabbed the book with her other hand. She collected the pages of the book, despite the fact that she didn't know where the pages belonged in the book. 

I'm so pathetic. How can I even live?

 

A boy with blonde hair shook his head. "Tsk, tsk. It's sad to see her get bullied like that."

Another boy (but with a diva personality) nodded his head in agreement. "You're right. Hey Minho! Taemin! Guess what? That girl got bullied again by Fei, Jia, Min, and Suzy!"

Minho looked up from his basketball game with Taemin. "What?"

"That girl on the ground? Er, what's her name again? Dang it, I know that she's in my chemistry class," Taemin mumbled to himself. Minho glanced at Krystal, who finally gathered all the pages to her book. He stared at the young girl for a moment, wondering how she could handle being bullied and messed around so harshly every single day.

"Krystal," Minho whispered. Taemin nodded his head and clasped his hands together.

"Yeah! That was it! Krystal! She sits in the front of the class. I bet you that the teachers don't even notice her." Taemin laughed. Key and Jonghyun joined in, as Minho gave his friends a weak smile. He turned back to Krystal, who looked frustrated and confused about where one page went and the other went in her precious library book.

 

"Oh my gosh! Did you see her? She's such a loser!" A group of friends laughed at Krystal, who wiped off the mud from the book with her own uniform. L, who was also part of the group, laughed along with them. 

"Dude, someone should kick her out of the school. She's useless around her," L added with a chuckle. The six other boys nodded their head in agreement, and continued to mock and point at the poor girl. A pang of guilt shot through L's chest as he let his friends make rude and harsh comments about Krystal. Why did he feel so guilty?

Because Krystal used to be his childhoods friend, and his friends didn't know a single thing about this.

"It's almost sad to see her suffer like this. Too bad she can't speak for herself, or that she has no friends to defend her," Sunggyu said, sighing in the end. L just cracked up a smile. As his friends began to talk to each other, L quickly stole a short glance at Krystal. 

She was gone.

He decided to have a small stroll around campus. When he took a step, his friends followed right behind him like dogs. He stopped for a moment went he arrived at where Krystal was just bullied. He spotted a red spot of liquid staining on the concrete.

Blood.