15 - Orpheus & Eurydice

The Endless War

Even long after our farewell,

In the end, all I had left was the promise we made, which doesn’t exist now.

Even if I close my eyes, I still see us.

There’s still a light there.

I’ll deeply retain the times we had together.

Even if pain comes over time,

The promise I made for the rest of my life,

I won’t ever forget that moment until the end.

I Remember…

-

Sitting on the rooftop of the mansion, Yoon Mi unconsciously came up here. Like with Ji Yong, they had frequently met up on the roof to enjoy the twinkling night sky.

She would always look up at the stars until she fell asleep in Ji Yong arms. And rather than bring her back to bed, he would have a blanket prepared so that they both would sleep under the stars.

Yoon Mi smiled whenever she woke up finding herself in her Ji Yong oppa’s arms just before the sun rose. Knowing that they stayed out like this for hours.

*What do I do oppa?* She sighed, picking out the familiar constellations in the sky. *Remembering everything is so painful…Does that mean I should forget everything? Forget you?* Her heart panged with pain as the idea stayed in her head.

*Does that mean forgetting all the happiness I ever had? Forgetting the only love I ever had?* Yoon Mi lied on her back and searched for her north star.

Growing drowsy as the night grew on, Yoon Mi felt her eyes close and she drifted off to sleep.

-

“Wah! Ji Yong oppa!! There are so many stars in the sky!” 12 year old Yoon Mi clapped as Ji Yong brought her out to the rooftop to look at stars.

Chuckling at his darling’s excitement, he simply smiled as he watched her spin around trying to take in all the stars at once. “Careful!” He swiftly reached out to catch the dizzy little girl.

“Take your time Jagiya” Ji Yong smiled, resting his chin on the top of her head as he gave her a back hug. “We have all night to look at the stars” He gave her a light squeeze before letting her run about on the roof. Yoon Mi’s cheeks were tinged with pink as it was her first time hearing him call her by that endearment.

“Oppa! What’s that big stars over there?” She pointed to a constellation excitedly.

“It’s a constellation Jagiya. It’s called Lyra, the harp. One of the brightest stars in the night sky” Ji Yong explained, causing her eyes to sparkle in admiration. *Ji Yong oppa is sooo amazing. He really smart and he knows everything…*

“The legend of Lyra is that Orpheus was given a harp by the god Apollo. And the music that came from the harp when Orpheus played was sweeter than any other man could make.

It could sooth any beast and brings happiness to the hearts of the tired. They even say that rivers changed its course to stay near to the music.

Orpheus married a lovely maiden, Eurydice. But after their wedding, as she walked in with her bridesmaids, she was bitten by a snake and died.

Overwhelmed with grief, Orpheus went down to the underworld to win her return. His music allowing him to travel down to Hades, it even caused Pluto, the god of the underworld to soften his heart and allowed Orpheus to bring his wife back.

On the condition that he would not look back until they were back on the surface.

Despite his anxiety, Orpheus followed the condition.

But just as he could take the final steps into the light, Orpheus turned to look at her.

And just like that, she vanished. With only one word to her love:

Farewell.

Crazed with grief, Orpheus wandered the hills of Greece until he was murdered. The Muses buried him and Apollo placed his magical harp in the sky as Lyra…”

“Oppa! That story is so sad!” Yoon Mi’s eyes watered “Why did they both have to die? Why couldn’t they live?”

“I don’t know Yoon Mi. Greek mythology rarely stays happy for a very long time” Ji Yong caressed her face as he wiped her tears away with his thumb. “Aish, I didn’t mean to make you cry tonight” Ji Yong playfully pinched her cheeks, causing her to squeal as she tried to squirm out of his hands.

“Close your eyes” He whispered.

Doing as he asked, Yoon Mi closed her eyes and waited. Slightly turning pink as she felt his lips on her eyelids. Kissing her tears away, he held her in his arms as they stood under the starlight.

Pointing out the constellations one by one, not sharing the stories behind them. They sat on the rooftop until the stars faded and the sky begin to change colour.

“What if something happened to us like with Orpheus and Eurydice oppa? Would you go crazy like how Orpheus did?” Yoon Mi asked tiredly as she kept her eyes open to watch the sky change.

“I would go crazy Jagiya, more than you can ever imagine…You know that I can’t live without you” Ji Yong answered as he watched the same sky transform into something else.

“Nothing will happen you oppa, right?” She turned to look at him, her eyes searching his handsome face.

“Nothing will ever happen to me. I promise you that Yoon Mi” Ji Yong promised, kneeling down to her level to look at her in the eye. “I’ll always be by your side”

“Always?” Yoon Mi asked, unsure of what his always meant.

“Forever and always my love” Ji Yong gave a light peck on her lips, causing her to turn red in embarrassment.

Her first kiss with Ji Yong oppa, her 12 year old self realised. Not wanting to have it any other way, spending the night out under the stars and watching them move away as the earth turned and revealing the sun.

Signalling the time that they had to head back in.

-

*It’s a lie oppa, something did happen and I’m the one that’s going crazy…* her subconscious thought sadly.

*What happened to always being by my side?* Her subconscious brought thoughts up nonstop.

*Should I say farewell like what Eurydice did?*

. . .


Annyeong!!! I totally wasn't planning to upload today but having seen B.A.P's teaser 'power' !!! Can 20/4/2012 be any more perfect!!!! I was hyperventiliating, I was stuck in my spot, breathless, just staring, oogling at my screen looking at their different hair colours! And in awe of the fact that the video is available in 3D!!!!

Also even better was that Yong Guk tweeted the trending #BAPisBack to us!!! He knows that we're trending and ASDFGHJKL)(*&^%$#@!!!!!!!

He's so _____________ awesome! *I can't swear, lols, my story characters can but I can't XD Lols*

I don't know of any other stars that tweets the trending topic back to show their fans that they know.

I'm like ranting and spazzing right now! Not to mention my BAP Photobook is here!! :D I seriously can't wait for 27th April!!!!

And to celebrate Yong guk's awesomeness and the awesomeness of their teaser and how BABYS got #BAPisBack to trend number 1 worldwide!!!!

I'm giving this chapter to you guys!!

But after this I won't be able to do something like this because I don't have any more prewritten chapters backed up for me to post XD chapter 16 would be fresh of the press

*Momentarily back to sane self, anyone recognise the lyrics in the beginning of the story? :D*

Goes back to deranged, crazy fangirl mode screaming "I want to go to planet MATO!!!"

Photobucket

Photobucket