C73: You're an

The Endless War

 

"DAEHYUN!!!" Yoon Mi screamed. She wanted to run to his side and check on him but YongGuk held her back.
 
 "Let me go!" She struggled with him wanting to pry off his hand that gripped her arm firmly. She couldn't believe what she was seeing as tears streamed down her face.
 
Leader Jung slowly approached his son's unconscious body. He bent down on one knee and reached for DaeHyun's mask.
 
*Finally. Let's see the face that you've been hiding* The old man thought when he began pulling at the fabric. 
 
His eyes widened in shock and surprise when he saw his son's full face. There was no doubt that DaeHyun was his son. The resemblance was unparalleled and he was glad that he could drag this sorry back home. 
 
With a fair amount of brainwashing, the boy would eventually come around and become a fine leader of the clan.
 
"Lea! Use your gift now!" The leader barked out the command, oblivious to the fact that she wasn't there in the room or in the house.
 
"She's not here, we helped her to leave and return home early. Lea has no interest in DaeHyun and is set on working things out with MinHyun and the other authorities of the clan." Yoon Mi daringly made the statement, leaving Leader Jung in shock at the young girl's defiance.
 
All of a sudden, when the sound of another punch was heard. Everyone's eyes widened seeing that DaeHyun was up. "Thank you for the distraction guys" He gave a weary smile.
 
Propped on one elbow as the other arm dealt the blow. Leader Jung fell to the side from the impact as he rubbed his jaw.
 
"Damned brat, you cheated." The old man glared down at the younger.
 
"You're the one who didn't check if I was fully unconscious" DaeHyun's voice was low as he returned the glare. "You were too preoccupied trying to see how I looked like and you allowed yourself to be distracted."
 
Picking up his mask that Leader Jung dropped on the floor, "I won so I'm expecting you to leave this place by tomorrow."
 
"And if I said that I never agreed to your conditions?" 
 
Staring back at the old man with contempt, "the moment you picked up the black card, it is a sign that you agreed to the challenge and it's conditions. I am clear with the rules and the ways of this challenge."
 
"It is such a pity that you refuse to be a leader" He got up to his feet and dusted himself. "You would have been someone great"
 
"I have no desire to become someone great nor to lead. Stop wasting your time old man" DaeHyun hissed and walked towards Yoon Mi who was on the floor because her knees went weak from seeing everything that happened.
 
The guys all gave a breath of relief now that Leader Jung was finally leaving without DaeHyun. 
 
His cold exterior faded when he bent down to Yoon Mi's level. "Are you okay?" His hand reached out to wipe away the tear stains.
 
Yoon Mi's eyes flickered back and forth his face, going over every single detail before she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down as she hugged him.
 
DaeHyun could feel her body trembling slightly as she buried her face at the crook if his neck. "I'm fine Yoon Mi, I'm not going anywhere" he whispered, patting her back soothingly.
 
Feeling a punch to his arm, "You're an . You know that?" YoungJae's voice sounding gruff. 
 
Laughing it off "You tell me that sometimes, thanks for worrying about me" DaeHyun sent him an appreciative glance.
 
YongGuk patted him on the shoulder as if to tell him "you did well" and HimChan ruffled his hair like he used to when they were a lot smaller. Zelo tackled Yoon Mi and him into a hug and JongUp... Well he stood closer to them and had a wide grin on his face. He was just glad that his Hyung didn't have to leave.
 
The seven of them made their way to the dining room in time for lunch and were ravenous. Seeing how they all missed their first meal; the guys were starving while Yoon Mi ate slowly while watching them.
 
While her biological family may be gone, these people who were with her now... They're family to her as well, like brothers that she never had. Of course they were world's apart from Hae Yong and Ji Yong but they were there for her and looked out for her. 
 
Call her deprived of a normal sibling experience but they were really great people that she love and admire.
 
When their meal was over, Yoon Mi retreated to her room wanting to rest after such an intense start of the day. Yelping in surprise when she turned around to close her door, she wasn't expecting DaeHyun to be behind her.
 
Allowing himself into her room, "Hey! Don't go waltzing into my room as if you own it!" Yoon Mi protested when he flopped onto her bed.
 
*I'm telling you Yoon Mi, I have better sleep when I'm next to you* He snuggled under her covers.
 
"At least take a shower will you? Wash off the dirt and grime from the training room before you make my bed dirty" She sighed as she tried to tug the bedcovers away from him, this time to much success.
 
Yoon Mi let out a sigh of relief when he walked out of the room to take the shower in his own bathroom. That however was short-lived when DaeHyun came back to her room with an armful of stuff and sauntered into her bathroom.
 
Blinking at what just happened, "DaeHyun!!! Who said you could just walk in and use my bathroom!!" Yoon Mi barged into the small enclosed space.
 
Just managing to pull his black undershirt off his head and wrists, both of them stared at each other for the longest time. Soon enough Yoon Mi caved and looked away, unable to look at his shirtless upper half that was lean and toned.
 
Getting uncomfortable, she decided that it was a mistake to barge in and turned around to leave. 
 
Her hand was on the door handle, turning the knob and opening it to leave when DaeHyun's hand covered hers. 
 
Applying pressure so that the door would close again, Yoon Mi found herself pressed against the door. "Thank you for worrying about me back there" he whispered into her ear, his lips brushing the back of her earlobes  tickling her while his warm breath sent chills down her spine.
 
This time, Yoon Mi couldn't deny anything. She was worried and scared stiff, when she thought that he was really unconscious and unmoving on the ground. 
 
All of this he could feel through their bond at that point of time, he wanted to tell her that he was fine but it would jeopardize his plan to take down his old man.
 
"Could you unmask your blood scent?" DaeHyun whispered as he hugged her from the back, his chin resting on her shoulder, inching close to the base of her neck.
 
Carefully unravelling the spell that kept her identity a secret, he breathed in her sweet scent. Holding her close to him, her back was against his front as she shivered from the raw male energy that came off him as a result of fighting.
 
"Can I have your blood?" His voice seemed to resonate through her body. Yoon Mi's heart was pounding wildly in her chest and she couldn't find her voice to answer him. 
 
Turning her around so that they were facing each other, "I won't force you if you don't want to..." DaeHyun looked into her eyes and they stared at each other for the longest time. 
 
"I want to..." She murmured, hypnotized by him. Entranced by those dark eyes that held her in place as he closed in. When their lips came into contact, his were firm and assertive against hers. The pressure on her lips was so addictive as she let out a small whimper of pleasure.
 
With her lips slightly parted DaeHyun didn't hesitate to deepen the kiss, his hot wet muscle meeting with her own and both melded against each other with increasing heat between them.
 
During the time the were kissing, Yoon Mi was held against the door with her arms around his neck and her legs going around his waist. Everything was on sensory overload, the feeling of his bare skin against the thin fabric of her shirt and hands. The pressure that his body was giving as he rested some of his weight on her along with the alignment of their lower halves.
 
Crying out in pain when DaeHyun sunk his fangs into her without warning, the pleasure that she was feeling had done little to lessen the intensity of the pain. 
 
Yoon Mi let out an altogether different cry when he grinded his hips roughly against hers. Each movement was a sweet agony to the both of them. 
 
But when he felt her arms and legs loosening grip, he knew it was time to stop taking blood. Pulling out his fangs, a shiver course through her body at the sudden feeling.
 
They were both breathless while they waited for her blood to settle in his system. "Did I take too much?" He asked Yoon Mi when he was able to breath normally.
 
"I might need to have my blood intake by tomorrow or the day after" She wheezed. "What was that just now? Did something happen to you or something? You were acting really different" a rush of question left her lips.
 
"I felt bad for causing so much pain with my bite so I thought to do something to compensate it... nothing happened Yoon Mi. It's just ... fighting woke up aside of me that I didn't have to bring up since Zelo and I left with Elder Yong months back." 
 
"Y-you weren't like this when I saw you in those dreams" Yoon Mi couldn't match the two sides of him in her mind.
 
"You forget that I first kissed you in those dreams" His shoulders slumped as he let out a sigh "I was already sleeping by then, I had calmed down considerably by the time we met in our dreams" 
 
"Was this why HimChan said I didn't have to worry about you that much?" She looked up at him hesitantly. 
 
"Most likely, he's usually in the room to keep check on YongGuk and me so that we don't accidentally kill each other." DaeHyun explained, also revealing that the training sessions between them were intense.
 
"I'll go take a shower alright" He told Yoon Mi. Giving a light and gentle pat to her head "I'll be out in a few moments, if you want me to explain more about that side of me... Just let me know. I'll tell you what you want to know about me."
 
-
 
Yoon Mi's blush hardly faded off while DaeHyun took his time in the shower. Her mind kept replaying what just happened over and over in her mind. 
 
Those lines of his lean body and his sculpted arms. *Bonding with a non-Kwon is certainly different* Eva's voice echoed in her mind, breaking her embarrassing train of thoughts.
 
*It is... Everything is so different compared to the moments I was with Ji Yong* Yoon Mi hugged her pillow as she rested against the headboard of the bed.
 
*His instincts work very well too, I managed to help him in avoiding his father's hits* Eva sounded pleased. *If some of your ancestors were as willing to listen, some calamities could have been avoided*
 
*You were helping him? Thank you so much Eva* Yoon Mi blinked quickly, trying hard not to cry. *I can't imagine him leaving*
 
*D-don't get used to it. I may be a guardian spirit but it doesn't mean that I can always help* Eva said gruffly before she stopped replying.
 
"Are you laughing or are you crying?" DaeHyun's voice came from the bathroom doorway. "A little of both I think." Yoon Mi hugged the pillow tighter.
 
"I was talking to Eva just now and she said that she was glad that you listened to her advice" Yoon Mi stared at the bed because she wasn't sure if he was fully dressed or not.
 
"No wonder I found that voice so familiar" DaeHyun sat by the edge of the bed and towel dried his hair. 
 
"I'm just glad that you're not going anywhere" She said more to herself while taking a leap of faith to look at him. True enough, he was only in his sleeping pants with a towel on his head. "D-DaeHyun...where's your shirt?"
 
"It's right here" He picked up his shirt that was on the other side of him to show Yoon Mi where it was. "But I thought that you might want some blood right now so I figured it might be better to wear it later"
 
She was turning rigid because of how hot he was looking right now. It didn't help that her blush was scarlet and it went up to her ears. "I-I didn't say that I was hungry yet..."
 
Rolling his eyes, "Yoon Mi, you're forgetting I can feel how you are from our bond. While you're ignoring that feeling, I can sense it clearly." DaeHyun set aside the towel and sat next to her in bed.
 
"I sense a lot of other things as well but let's not go there for now" His eyes bright with mischief. "Now, do you want me seated like this? Or you prefer taking blood with me lying down?"
 
"N-no preference actually" Yoon Mi looked away feeling slightly fearful of the mischief in his eyes. Not knowing what to expect when she was told to sit in front of him who was resting comfortably against the bed's headboard. How was she going to take his blood when there was so much distance between them?
 
Pulling her forward really hard, Yoon Mi's heart was pounding wildly in her chest when she found herself against his chest and her legs were wide apart on either side of him; straddling him while he had an incredibly smug expression on his face.
 
"D-DaeHyun l-let me g-go" She struggled and tried to get out of this embarrassing position but she couldn't. Not with his arms fastened tightly around her waist.
 
"I thought you'd usually...kiss me to distract me... from the pain but I'm...liking this different method Yoon Mi" His breathing became labored as he closed his eyes in pleasure.
 
"W-what?! I-I didn't mean to – I swear this is so embarrassing!" Yoon Mi froze up and stopped struggling entirely. 
 
His hand travelled up to her neck, guiding her to bend down and kiss him. Helping her in extending her fangs to bite him.
 
It didn't take long for her fangs to reveal themselves. With her body flush against DaeHyun's, along with his hands traveling up and down her back.
 
Yoon Mi moaned into her kiss when his hand slid under her shirt and began caressing her back, sending jolts of electricity coursing through them. Searching for the sweet spot along his neck, her lips left a hot trail along them, eventually discovering that one place that made him moan and shudder under her.
 
She didn't waste any time in sinking her fangs into him, drawing the rich sweet blood that she loves. Drinking in the red sustenance, Yoon Mi saw flashes of DaeHyun's thoughts and burned red at the knowledge of them.
 
Taking in a few more swallows, she couldn't handle his thoughts anymore and had to pull her fangs out. away the remaining blood and kissing the new skin, a habit that she seemed to have developed.
 
"P-put on your s-shirt, I've h-had enough blood t-today" Yoon Mi stuttered trying to push aside his thoughts and put some distance between them.
 
"Are you sure?" DaeHyun slid on his shirt but didn't bother to button it up, he had fun watching her reactions and seeing her being so embarrassed "You only took a few mouthfuls of my blood, are you sure you don't want more?"
 
"I-I positively s-sure I don't w-want more" Yoon Mi had retreated to the other edge if the bed by now.
 
Doing up the buttons on his shirt, he laid down and motioned for Yoon Mi to come over. Hesitantly moving over, she rested her head on his arm and looked into his eyes. 
 
They were a light warm shade of brown as opposed to the dark, near black orbs earlier on. 
 
A breathtaking smile stretches across his lips as he gazes back into her eyes, whispering one thing before they both dozed off. "You're not getting rid of me so easily Yoon Mi, you better not regret being stuck with me forever"
 

Annyeong! 

Wow, can I say that I'm amazed at how many "NNOOOOOOO" comments that I received from chapter 72. I was so amused by your comments and I almost felt like I was watching "No Mercy" or something XD 

Kudos to the one reader who guessed that it was a bluff~ Now I just wonder what are some of your responses after this ste*cough*amy chapter.

I accidentally posted the chapter while I was editing >.< Sorry if some of you end up getting confused between the edited and unedited version.

with love,

Violynn (20 / 05 / 2013 ; 7:55PM)