C70: Marks

The Endless War

 

When Yoon Mi was done showering, getting dressed. She found DaeHyun waiting on her bed and he led her to his room and asked her to wait for him before heading down to see the rest of the guys. "Why do you need me here?" Yoon Mi couldn't help but wonder.
 
*I have a feeling that I might have a visitor if I'm in this room.* DaeHyun answers as he went into his bathroom.
 
"What are you doing here" A feminine voice comes from the doorway.
 
*Told you didn't I?* DaeHyun's voice echoed in Yoon Mi's mind as she stared at visitor.
 
"I can ask you the same question" Yoon Mi daringly asked back. Feeling a new found strength in her voice.
 
"I'm here to talk to DaeHyun." Lea stared the blond, taking in the change of the hair colour. 
 
"I can assure you that he does not want to talk to you." She replied in a heartbeat. For some strange reason she felt sorry for the girl.
 
There was this sad air around her that Yoon Mi couldn't ignore. "I feel sorry for you" she ended up speaking her mind.
 
"What?" Lea shot a glare her way.
 
Shrugging and ignoring the glare "I just felt I saying it." Yoon Mi looked at the bathroom door hoping that DaeHyun would be done with his shower soon.
 
As if she was dealt a blow to her sore spot, Lea left the room and walked down the hallway with hurried footsteps.
 
"What's the hurry?" HimChan said when he saw her come down the hallway with her head hung low in contrast to the other night that he saw her.
 
Stopping for a brief moment Lea looked as if she was about to say something but quickly shut and walked on. Taking only a few steps, she found herself being held back.
 
"What do you want?" Lea looked at the floor trying hard to hide the quiver in her voice. "What's wrong?" HimChan asked, having a feeling that something was off.
 
"Let go of my arm"
 
"Not until you tell me what's wrong." He said more gently, noticing the same fragile state that Yoon Mi once showed.
 
Shaking his grip off of her "Why should I?" Lea turned and headed for her room. 
 
"Because you look like you're about to crumble at any moment" HimChan stated loudly so that she could hear him.
 
-
 
Slamming the door behind her *Who the hell are these people!* Lea slumped against the wood.
 
*I just want to go home already. Min Hyun I wish you were here with me...* tears slid down Lea face as she hugged her knees to her chest. Touching the necklace around her neck, she pulled out a thin band and stared at it longingly. *Why couldn't you be the first born? If you were, I wouldn't be here forcing myself to like your older brother...*
 
-
 
*Is she gone?* DaeHyun asked Yoon Mi in her mind the moment Lea left the room.
 
"Yes, she just left" She spoke loud enough for him to hear from the bathroom.
 
*Finally. I thought that she'd never leave* DaeHyun finally emerged from the said room. Turning to look at him, Yoon Mi found it to be a mistake when she saw that he was in sweatpants with only a towel around his neck.
 
Finding herself staring at his chest and arms *Like what you see?* His smug voice echoed in her mind causing her to snap out of it, completely red faced.
 
"You didn't have that around your arm before..." Yoon Mi pointed out embarrassedly before turning away so that she would stop stealing glances at him.
 
*I didn't. But I read that once guys in my clan was bonded, a mark would form around our upper left arm* DaeHyun stared at the said arm before going to his closet and grabbing a shirt. *I also read that the girls would gain something as well...* he stared at Yoon Mi who had her back facing him as she sat on the edge of the bed.
 
Once he let the words sink in, "I don't have anything like that" she answered back but DaeHyun found it hard to believe.
 
When she felt a weight on the bed, Yoon Mi thought that he sat down as he dried his hair with the towel. 
 
A gasp left her lips when she found that she was being back hugged. *Your heart was racing when I said that sentence plus... I have a gut feeling that you're lying* DaeHyun spoke into mind and his words caused her to freeze up.
 
Unhooking one side of his half-mask "So are you telling me the truth?" His breath was by her ear creating shivers running down her spine.
 
"Why aren't you answering me?" DaeHyun teased as he tightened his arms around her body. "Shall I check for the marks myself?"
 
"A-alright! I lied! I do have the mark!" Yoon Mi exclaimed flailing her arms in panic, pulling up her shirt sleeve to reveal an identical mark around her upper left arm. A light chuckle leave his lips at her response.
 
Whispering into her ear, "didn't you hear me? I said 'marks' Yoon Mi. I know that girls get more than one." More shivers ran down her spine as she half hated him for how knowledgeable he was.
 
"I don't get why your clan is so strange DaeHyun. What's with all these marks? I almost feel like an animal with this weird branding on me" Yoon Mi complained, still struggling to get out of his arms and from being checked.
 
Raising an eyebrow at her "This is coming from a family who has a spirit living in their blood and have to go through a painful 'coming of age' ritual?" He said and felt her struggling stopped instantly.
 
"It's not like I can choose what happens though" Yoon Mi murmured in response.
 
"Likewise for me" DaeHyun rested his chin on her shoulder for awhile before pinning her down on the bed "Don't think you can distract me from checking the second mark Yoon Mi." 
 
His eyes were playful and it made her heart race for the millionth time today. "Will you let me see it?" DaeHyun asks as he hovers over her. Nodding because Yoon Mi didn't trust how her voice would sound, DaeHyun didn't want any of that. He wanted to hear her approval with his own ears.
 
Knowing that look on his face, Yoon Mi went scarlet as she said "yes" desperately trying to not give herself a heart attack while she watched him lift her shirt to check her second mark.
 
She hated his ancestors for choosing such an embarrassing place for the mark. Couldn't have chosen it to go somewhere else? Somewhere less embarrassing?
 
A sense of pride washed over him when he saw the mark. The black lines contrasting clearly against her fair skin over where her heart was located. 
 
Pressing his lips to it, DaeHyun laughed as he could feel her palpitating heartbeat. Pulling her shirt back down, he gently shifted her so that they were in a sitting position. He held Yoon Mi's hand and put it over his own heart, staring into her eyes trying to tell her a message with his whole being and his heart.
 
She could feel it clearly in her blood. His emotions, his intentions... All of it was crystal clear as Yoon Mi was ensnared by his eyes, everything of him was screaming "I love you".
 
Taking all of it in, Yoon Mi tried to communicate to him her own feelings as well. Being completely honest to him in a way that she never was with Ji Yong before.
 
-
 
It was strange how they could have a heart to heart moment in midst of this struggle for power and how DaeHyun's father as adamant on dragging his son back home. It's been almost two weeks and the old man refused to budge.
 
Meeting the rest of the guys in the study room, they all stared at Yoon Mi trying to get used to her being blond and not black haired. Getting nudged by DaeHyun who recommended that she should tell them what happened during the change and of the recent dream that she had "I was told that my first power was elemental control over earth" She announced, wondering how they would take in all the information.
 
"What about the rest?" JongUp asked.
 
"I don't know yet... Eva wouldn't tell me" Yoon Mi frowned in thought at what they might be.
 
"I'm guessing that your power over the element links to 'stability' " YoungJae linked the two over easily. "If only we can guess what the rest means..."
 
Silence came over the 7 as all of them thought the same thing. 
 

What could light, empathy and dream mean?


Annyeong my dear readers :) 

I've started school so the updates might get slower than the current speed. Also what's with some of you guys and ? >.<

Things might get really steamy or suggestive but I won't be writing . Even in my other story "I remember you" the characters eventually did "do it" but I didn't write any part of it :x So please don't expect this of me. 

As usual, thank you for reading and commenting~

With love,

Violynn (26/04/2013 ; 6:41 pm)