17 - Hey! That was mine!

The Endless War

“We didn’t say that.” The eldest spoke up.

*Then what are you saying exactly?* Dae Hyun questioned.

“I’m saying that why I haven’t talked to her is because each of us here, came with a past we desperately want to forget. But Yoon Mi…She wants to desperately remember. Her heart isn’t remotely open to new things.” Yong Guk explained, earning a stunned silence from Dae Hyun.

“Force her to change again and we would have a repeat of today.” The eldest warned.

Nodding in agreement, Him Chan continued “She has to change on her own terms. It is still winter in her heart. Spring has yet to come…”

“But we can’t leave her alone like this!” Zelo protested

“Zelo has a point. She doesn’t have any gifts to attack or defend herself with.” Young Jae pointed out.

“There goes our alone time” Jong Up sighed wistfully, thinking of how the greenhouse wouldn’t be exclusively his anymore.

-

*Mwohya? What the heck?* On Monday, Yoon Mi found herself dumbfounded seeing Yong Guk waiting for her by her locker and even walking with her to her class, using the excuse that he happened to be in the same class as her. *I didn’t even know that I have same classes with you.* She looked at him stunned as she stood by the doorway.

The rest of her day got stranger as Him Chan walked beside her to her second class and Dae Hyun was with her to her third.

At lunch, she went to her usual corner of school where people hardly ventured.

The calligraphy room.

Writing with ink had lost its popularity in the vampire community because of how the brush and ink could not keep up to the writers’ speed. Making the word that they were supposed to write illegible and scraggly, true calligraphy couldn’t be rushed and had its own rhythm of brush .

Whistling as they all entered the room; they all took seats away from the sunlight that streamed in from the window.

Ignoring the guys, Yoon Mi sat by the side and admired the sunlight that came in. Watching the dust particles fly in the air.

“Hey! That was mine!” Zelo exclaimed, breaking her out of her trance.

“Too bad! It’s in my stomach!” Him Chan taunted Zelo making stupid faces to irritate him.

“Aish! My German blood sausage…I worked so hard just to get it at lunch…” He pouted, looking dejected at the big hunk of sausage gone. Leaving only an inch left of it behind.

Hearing a chuckle from the side, they all turned to see that it was from Yoon Mi.

All of them thinking of how pretty she looks when she smiled, they felt that it was a pity for her to be so depressed.

*It’s not as if we can do anything about it* Young Jae thought as he turned his attention back to the conversation that he was having with Jong Up.

*It’s so noisy with them around* Yoon Mi complained silently as she looked at the dust that danced in the sun’s rays. *I miss the ruckus that Hae Yong and Ji Yong always caused, bickering over the most trivial things*

*The bell just rang, you going to class?* Dae Hyun’s voice glided over her thoughts.

Getting to her feet, she followed Dae Hyun out walking behind him as she walked to her next class. Bumping into his back, rubbing her nose “Ow, why did you suddenly stop like that?” she asked him. Secretly cursing and wondering why is back was so hard.

Turning around to face her *either walk beside me or ahead of me. You are your own person; you shouldn’t be following silently behind someone. You’re anything but a mindless follower, you know exactly where you stand in this hierarchy.*

Walking on, Yoon Mi was surprised by his words. Their relationship was abstract and strained; they are close through the blood he gave but distant because of her memories of her past. Yoon Mi never imagined how nice he could be when they were being civil with each other.

*Walk beside me so I’ll know that you’re still here Yoon Mi…* Dae Hyun glanced at her briefly *If you walk behind me, I would never know if you’ve given up or taken away by the one who killed your family.*

-

Weeks passed and Yoon Mi slowly got accustomed to the six blonde’s presence around her, their rowdiness and odd humour.

Taking Dae Hyun’s blood regularly, she did stop thinking of ending her life but the memories still brought her tears and heartache.

No matter what she did, Ji Yong would be behind every thought. His smile etched in the back of her mind.

On days it rained and lightning strike across the sky, her Unnie Yoon Ji would be on her mind. Laughing to herself how her Unnie’s gentle nature opposed her fierce gift of electricity.

Walking home from school with the boys, the sky turned overcast within minutes and a deafening crack split across the sky.

*That sounds ominous* The guys thought as they walked on, leaving Yoon Mi behind as she stayed rooted to her spot.

*It has to be a coincident* Yoon Mi thought. *That orange lightning just now…it can’t be Unnie…it has to be a coincident, unnie’s dead. There’s no way that she’s the creator of that lightning…*

“Noona! What’s wrong?” Zelo called out, accidentally calling her Noona again.

“Zelo! How many times do I have to tell you that you’re older than me?” Yoon Mi said in mock anger.

“I called your name but you only respond to Noona! I might as well call you Noona so you would respond quicker” Zelo pouted.

“There’s no way I’m allowing you to call me that Zelo, especially when you’re only a month older than I am” Yoon Mi half jogged to close the distance.

“Then answer when I call your name” he laughed, his clear and bright sound causing Yoon Mi to smile along.

*Please don’t let it be who I think it is…* Yoon Mi prayed as she saw another orange lighting flash across the sky.


Anneyong! :D I'm back with another chapter~

I'm sorry for my other fanfics cause writing this comes really easy to me. I'm sorry omma is neglecting you >.<

haha, I got into my own world there for awhile.

I'm sure everyone has noticed that my uploading is really slow nowadays is becaouse of work and other stuff :)

I assure you I'm still writing but not as much as I'd like. TT__TT

Well, here's what I've been doing the past couple of weeks.

Hope you enjoy my blog post!

Anneyong!

With love Violynn :)

*I am sooo in love with B.A.P.'s POWER Mini Album and the mv XD I love every single track there XD