27 - At least five months

The Endless War

Weeks go by and the both of them kept minimal contact, not talking to each other unless necessary.

"Dae Hyun, it's that time of year again" Elder Yong said over dinner. Noticing Yoon Mi's confused expression "Every year, I take Dae Hyun and one the boys out to the less fortunate areas of the society"

Nodding was all she could do as she ate her food. "Zelo, why don't you come with us this year" Elder Yong smiled.

"Mwoh? Isn't it usually Yong Guk Hyung that goes with you?" Zelo answered back.

"Go with the old man this year Zelo" Yong Guk told the maknae. He understood Elder Yong's intentions. The other years Yoon Mi wasn't around so they could afford to send whom Elder Yong thought was strongest to protect Dae Hyun as they travelled. 

But now they couldn't afford to send the strongest, they had someone that needed the strongest to protect. They couldn't send Him Chan based on the nature of his gift. If the people down at those areas found out that his gift was vocal command, they would doubt everything that Elder Yong was saying.

Young Jae's gift of illusion would receive the same reaction as Him Chan's and Jong Up's gift was needed at the house. Worried filled Dae Hyun at the thought of leaving, once they left they would be gone for more than a month and whatever amount of blood he gave would not be sufficient.

Briefly looking at Yoon Mi, registering how worry could be seen in her eyes. It seems that she was worried about the same things he did.

“If there are no objections, then we’ll leave tomorrow night.” Elder Yong said as got up to leave, having finished his food. Patting Dae Hyun on the shoulder as he passed by his seat “Don’t forget anything while packing”

For the first time, the thought of not going came to Dae Hyun’s mind. After so many years of simply going along with Elder Yong who puts a roof over their head, he didn’t wish to leave home.

Knowing his own reasons all too well, Dae Hyun decided not to say anything about it.

And since Yong Guk Hyung and Him Chan Hyung are there to look after Yoon Mi, all Dae Hyun could do was hope that nothing would happen during the time that they would be gone.

The next time that they would see each other would be at least in five months and the worst part was that there was no confirmed return date and he wondered what to do.

On most occasions, they would be gone for 5 months and once they were gone for almost a year.

*This would mean that she would need to drink from someone else* Dae Hyun frowned at the thought. The idea of her approaching someone other than him for blood made him feel strange and he couldn't understand or make sense of what was going through his heart.

As they stood in the foyer sending them off, the guys crowded around elder Yong and Zelo as it was his first trip out ever since they first came here years ago. 

Walking down the stairs with his bag, Dae Hyun saw Yoon Mi standing by the side of the foyer. Going over and standing in front of her.  His eyes flickered back and forth searching her eyes. There was no way he could tell her to not drink someone else's blood. It would be asking for a repeat of history but this time he wouldn't be there to rescue her. As both their gazes met, Yoon Mi held her breath unknowingly.

The intensity of his brown eyes as they stared into hers made her heart thump harder in her chest. 

*Take care while I'm not here.* He said, taking a step towards her.

 His voice sounded strangely gentle in her mind.  The gentleness in his tone made it hard for her to look at him continuously. *Don't always be on your own. I know you're close to Yong Guk and Him Chan, in school stay close to either one of them. Don't walk alone or behind like you did back then.*

Nodding her head, Yoon Mi couldn't trust her voice again. Feeling a lump form in , *Am I getting emotional because I won’t see him for months?* she wondered, feeling confused. *Why am I feeling emotional in the first place?*

"Dae Hyun! We're leaving now." Elder Yong said from the door as the house help loaded the luggage into the car.

His hand reaching to touch her cheek, the warmth that seeped into her skin made her turn pink. *Stay strong* were his words before he removed his hand.

Bending over to reach his bag, Dae Hyun looked at her one last time as he stood at the doorway. Their eyes meeting again, Yoon Mi herself couldn't bear to turn away from his brown orbs. 

"Dae Hyun!" Zelo's voice came from the distance "Hurry up! We're waiting for you! You slowpoke!"

Maintaining eye contact with her, *Stay safe Yoon Mi* he thought projected to her once last time, unknowingly saying those words tenderly as he ended their eye contact.

There was a bittersweet feeling about the entire trip as Dae Hyun stayed completely silent during the drive out. Only nodding and using hand gestures to communicate when spoken to. His eyes were glued to the window as he continuously stared at the passing scenery and the hand that he brazenly used to touch her cheek. Feeling a rush of electricity run through him when he carassed her cheek, Dae Hyun wondered if Yoon Mi felt what he felt...

-

 *What was that about* Him Chan thought as the car drove off.

Having seen the interaction between the two, an outsider just watching might mistake the both of them as a couple.

*Do you like him Yoon Mi?* he wondered as he watched her run up the stairs. 

-

Running to the confines of her room, Yoon Mi leaned against the door as she tried to grasp what happened downstairs

*What is this I'm feeling?!* She panicked as she clutched her hand over her heart. The blood running through her veins heated up in her and waves of tingling sensations crept over her skin.

*W-Why is this happening? This never happened when I drank Ji Yong's blood...* Yoon Mi wondered, racking her brains to come up with a reason for why she was feeling what she felt.

 -

Managing to put what happened in the back of her mind, Yoon Mi went on with her days like normal.

Well, if you consider spending the passing days noticing the lack of Dae Hyun's presence in class, in the hallway, in the calligraphy room, as they make their way to and from school and most of all. At home.

The white inked, black paper note that he would always leave beside the glass of blood that he would leave by her bedside, random hallways that she would find Dae Hyun staring out the window with his eyes distant.

The library where he would spend most of his time reading books on medicine, about drugs, chemicals or medicinal plants. Once or twice she would find him in the kitchen drawing blood from himself and at the dining table it felt too strange not having everyone there.

*Since when have I grown this close and dependent on Dae Hyun?* Yoon Mi realised in shock.

Nearly dropping her brush and palette when she realised what she had been drawing out and painting during the entire time that she had been in the art studio, Yoon Mi set down what she had in her hands and quickly exited the studio.


Anneyong!!! I'm back from my weekend holiday to Malaysia XD I had lots of fun, if only there wasn't soo much eating going on >.< We were practically eating every few hours. *I've definitely gained weight after this =.= Will live off porridge and soup over the next week*

The foot and shoulder massage was awesome!!! My body was sooo sore and in pain from the music matters festival/concert >.< I stood from 7.30pm until 11.19 pm. So imagine how swollen foot and lower thigh were >.< plus my houlder ache from holding the camera up 80% of the time.

I wrote this chappie while I was at the hair salon having a haircut, treatment, wash and blowdry package :)

And I'm uploading it now, so it's pretty much hot off the press :D

I couldn't resist writing when I have free time~

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! XD And thank you for your comments~

With love,

Violynn

27.5.2012