34 - By impluse

The Endless War

*I think there's something wrong with me. Girls don't usually look beautiful while crying but Yoon Mi still does with tears silently flowing down her face.* Dae Hyun thought as he held her in his arms. *Maybe it's because I'm biased...biased towards this girl that I'm holding*

Staring at her as she pulled away, Dae Hyun's eyes focused on her tear stained cheeks. Wanting to wipe them away, he was worried that she wouldn't like the action. 

Hesitantly doing so, he rubbed the tear stains away.

He could feel his heart beat pounding wildly in his chest.

Looking into Yoon Mi's eyes, they looked into his own searching and probing for some form of answer or explanation…

She would be disappointed if he were to answer her.

Because he didn't have one.

And by impulse.

Dae Hyun did something even crazier.

He stole her lips.

Paralyzed and frozen in shock, Yoon Mi stayed still as Dae Hyun held her closer and caressed the side of her face.

Soon, Yoon Mi felt her heart beating faster and her breath shortening.

Closing her eyes, Yoon Mi gave in to the kiss.

It was breath taking and electrifying at the same time. Dae Hyun loved how her soft pink lips felt against his and how they quivered as she let out a shaky breath.

Taking that opportunity, Dae Hyun tilted his head for a better angle and deepened their kiss.

Red faced and overwhelmed, Yoon Mi placed her hands on him for support. Their kisses making her knees bend and grow weak.

Pulling away satisfied with the kiss that they shared. Dae Hyun stared into Yoon Mi eyes, his hand still caressing the side of her face to keep her there where they were only an inch apart.

"Yoon Mi..." he breathed, his breath tickled against her lips. 

Her eyes were dazed, unable to comprehend what had just happened and what she felt. Her breathing slow and rough as it seemed like she was trying to calm herself.

Lightly touching her lips with his fingertips, Dae Hyun wondered about the possibility of a second kiss.

Deciding to go for it, Dae Hyun tasted her lips again and it felt that this was a moment that he'd never forget. 

Dream or not, he had taken those lips. 

And judging by the pounding of her heart, he knew that Yoon Mi wouldn't forget about this easily.

Suddenly pushing Dae Hyun away, Yoon Mi had tears in her eyes. 

"I-I can't use you t-to forget Ji Yong" she shook her head, causing her heavy tears to fall.

"We're you thinking of him when I kissed you" Dae Hyun asked bluntly.

"N-no...I wasn't" Yoon Mi answered honestly. *All I could feel was you and how your blood was burning in my veins...* she thought but didn't dare to say out.

Honestly she was afraid.

Afraid of letting another person in her heart and letting them take residence there. Allowing them to become someone of importance to her...

What if he left her as well? Would she be able to handle another part of her heart being ripped out again?

"You're afraid of being hurt again" Dae Hyun spoke up.

He wasn't angry at her, he couldn't be. He understood pain well; maybe that's why his gift was healing. 

Being able to help someone else lesson their suffering and now, perhaps personally helping to heal a deep hurt…

"You're afraid to allow another person to become someone important to you." Dae Hyun took a step closer to her. "You're afraid of feeling the pain that you felt when you realized that he was dead…”

Taking a step closer to her and gazing deeply into her eyes “Do you really want to live a life being afraid all the time? You'll be alive but you wouldn't be living Yoon Mi"

She couldn't say anything. Everything that he said was true and it scared her how Dae Hyun knew her mind. 

Sensing that their time together was ending, Dae Hyun placed his hands on her shoulder and pressed his lips to her forehead.

Hearing her heart flutter before she faded away. He smiled to himself, having a feeling that this wouldn't be their first encounter. As long as his blood was in her veins, he would be able to see her again.
-
"Yoon Mi" 

Blinking her eyes open, Yoon Mi wondered who woke her up.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" the gentle voice spoke

"I think so...I didn't even know that I fell asleep." Yoon Mi blinked a few more times for her vision to clear up.

"Are you alright? You look really red and your lips-"

"I'm fine" Yoon Mi said hurriedly, covering her lips. Raising Yong Guk's suspicion but he decided not to ask since she's not talking about it.

"Come on" Yong Guk offered his hand to help her get up on her feet. He could imagine how stiff she felt after dozing off in the corner of the training room.

Accompanying her back to her room, she hadn't noticed that it was nightfall. *How long was Yong Guk in that training room?* Yoon Mi wondered as she watched him walk down the hallway to his bedroom.

Going to the bathroom, Yoon Mi wanted to know the damage that Dae Hyun did to her.

Looking at her reflection, her skin was still slightly pink and her lips red and swollen.

The current sight of her lips reminded her deeply of how Dae Hyun kissed her twice and how he left a gentle one on her forehead.

When Ji Yong kissed her, it was always sweet and with a slowly increasing passion. But with Dae Hyun, it was sweet as well but she felt overwhelmed by his kisses.

With Ji Yong, he would always go slow and gave her something she could handle. But with Dae Hyun...there wasn't anything like that. 

It was intense and dizzying, his kiss took her breath away and she needed to hold onto him for support. It was his everything. *He never held back...unlike Ji Yong...He gave the kiss everything he had...* Yoon Mi cheeks flushed as memories of his firm and assertive lips against hers came flooding back.

Afraid to fall asleep because she might see Dae Hyun in her sleep, Yoon Mi decided to go to the room she had been avoiding the past couple of weeks.

Walking in, the air was stale from the lack of ventilation. The paintings itself were in its same place and position as when she left it.

Even the paint brush and palette were in it's same place on the floor and the split cup of water had dried off long ago leaving stains of mixed colours on the table and ground.

Facing the painting that she had been avoiding since the day she created it weeks ago. 

Seeing it, Yoon Mi wished that the person in the painting could be in front of her face to face and wash away all that she feared.

It's a fact; she's terrified of the thought of losing someone important. If she could she wouldn't want to depend on another person. But seeing how her biology opposed that...there was no other way she could turn.

"I really miss you but I’m afraid to see you…Dae Hyun" Yoon Mi said softly as she reached to touch the face she had painted in the canvas.

“Why did you kiss me?”

-

Opening his eyes and inhaling sharply, Dae Hyun found himself back in his room with Zelo sleeping in the bed next to him.

“-koya” he mumbled in his sleep.

*What?* Dae Hyun raised an eyebrow at the sleeping giant.

“Nekkoya” He suddenly said loudly as he hugged his pillow tightly and turned his body to face the other way.

*What the heck is he dreaming of?* Dae Hyun rolled his eyes at the maknae as he put his mask back on.

He had grabbed it from the side of the bed and it only proved that what happened wasn’t a dream. And the lingering feeling of her on his fingertips and lips…his blood was still racing in his veins as he laid back and stared at the ceiling.

He had no regrets.

 He did what he felt like doing.

It wasn’t as if she rejected vehemently to it either.

Dae Hyun breathed deeply to quell the electricity that raced throughout his body.

Running his fingers through his hair in frustration, he wondered how he was going to survive the remaining time left before they could return home.

*I wish that I could steal those lips again* he sighed closing his eyes and falling into a dreamless sleep.

-

“Yoon Mi! You didn’t go to sleep again!” Yong Guk said in a reprimanding tone as he found her in the art studio staring at a blank canvas.

The shock he had received when he saw that she wasn’t in her bedroom couldn’t be described. Worry instantly filled his veins as he ran about the house looking for her.

He hadn’t mean to speak to her in the tone that he did but he was so worried that he had failed to protect her and had allowed someone to take her away.

“I couldn’t sleep” Yoon Mi lied; it wasn’t because she couldn’t but rather she was afraid that she might face him again.

“Bad dreams?” Yong Guk suggested.

Shaking her head “Aniyo, I just can’t fall asleep…”

Looking at the canvas before her “I thought that if I came down here to paint it might be easier for me to fall asleep afterwards but it turns out I can’t paint either…” Yoon Mi said giving him a half truth.

Finding herself staring at her painting of Dae Hyun earlier that night, she quickly hid it away amongst the many other paintings she had done and put up a new canvas on the easel. She had her paint ready and a new jug of water but the image of Dae Hyun kept appearing in her mind.

Many times Yoon Mi tried to put the brush to the canvas but she couldn’t.

She didn’t want to admit that he was on her mind and to paint him out on canvas.

Most importantly, Yoon Mi didn’t want to admit that the reason she couldn’t sleep was because Dae Hyun filled her every thought.


Annyeong!!!!!!!

Wah~ I'm sooo happy XD I came back from Malaysia, watched an awesome showcase from BAP, I had my hair done, had a great meal~

I treated myself to a really awesome time~

Plus!!!! Their new song!! 'Goodbye'  !!!

We managed to make it trend in Singapore around 12.24 am on 10/7/2012, about an hour an a half after the song was released~

I'm such a proud baby~

I soooo love their song!

haha, okay~ I'm done spazzing for now :)

Can anyone guess what song this chapter was inspired by? :D

If you've heard the song before it'll be rather obvious~

And yes!! Dae Hyunnie has finally got some guts and kissed the OC :)

*Claps for those who guessed and entertained my nonsense in the author's note*

In honour of the awesome song 'Goodbye' I'm uploading this chapter~

With lotsa love!! :D

Violynn~