23 - His Past; it was all a lie (Him Chan special~)

The Endless War

 

 

*this is optional, I just like the song a lot and I felt that a portion of the song fits the story


“First of all, I came from a middle rank noble family. I grew up the way my parents wished, respecting their wills and plans for me. Even the arranged marriage that they had set up…” He looked at his hands where a white gold band rested on his third finger.

“The lady that they had matched me with was beautiful, intelligent and gentle. We had hit off well on our first meeting and our parents were pleased.

Soon they arranged us to meet more often and to be around each other more often. And soon, we knew everything about each other, what we liked and what we didn’t...We would clash sometimes but it we would always be able to resolve it.” Him Chan looked away for a brief moment, taking in a big breath and closed his eyes. Who knew telling her his past was so difficult?

Letting out that breath, he looked at Yoon Mi and she saw a pain like her own and decided to continue his story “Before I knew it, I came to love this girl whom I met with almost every day. The way she laughed, the way she would tilt her head a little when she smiled.  The way her heels clicked against the floor and the way she held herself, confident and poised.

On our second year together, my father hinted that I should propose to her since we were so in love.

However, needing to leave town suddenly for my father’s business and I had to wait until I came back 3 weeks later.

Managing to solve the company’s matter quicker than we had expected, we came back a week early and I thought that I would surprise her in her bedroom.

Little did I know that I was the one who was in for the surprise” Him Chan paused for a bit. Up till this point, things were considered easy to say. Though he still felt a slight constricting in his heart when it came to her, words came out from his mouth easily. And there was no problems speaking good things about his past love…But what he was about to say was difficult.

The betrayal he felt, the shattering moment when he understood that she didn’t love him the way he did. That she had never loved him at all from the start.

That everything that he held and cherished was all a lie.

 “When I walked into that bedroom, I saw her with another man and they were going at it. I thought that she was pure; I respected her distance whenever she turned me down. I thought she wanted to wait…Turns out, I wasn’t the one she was waiting for.

Turns out, they had been sneaking behind my back ever since we first met. And that they frequently rendezvous each week, liking the sick thrill of hiding and keeping secrets...

For the first time in my life, I was angry and mad. Making my parents happy, I never had an occasion where I was scolded or agitated since I was in my parent’s favour.

But that night, rage burned in me so much that I wished for her to walk into the sunlight when dawn came. Leaving the house, I only wanted to return home and find a way to salvage my broken heart.

Two years of memories, two years of love…Gone just like that” He sighed “I stayed in bed all day and refused to go out.

Until my parents pounded at my door, demanding me that I came out.”

“What? Why would they do that? They don’t sound like the type to do so…” Yoon Mi’s eyebrows furred together in thought.

“That’s what I thought too. So I opened the door to find myself dragged out into the living room.

My family interrogated me, asking what I did that day.

Telling them that I was in bed they started asking what I did since I came back. Changing their questions, they asked what I said or did during that time.

Before I knew it my omma slapped me across the cheek, calling me murderer. For causing someone’s death with my words.

Not understanding them, someone told me that my match was dead. Burnt into ashes as she walked out into the sun’s light when it became dawn.

I told them I didn’t know about anything, that I only said it out of anger. However, they only concluded my gift was vocal command and that I was a murderer…

I hadn’t even intended to for her to die that way…I only said it out of anger.

But my family didn’t care about that. They only thought of honour that was at stake and how the society perceived them.

Throwing a bag of clothes and some cash, they told me to leave and never return to their household. Saying that they didn’t want to be living with a criminal, apparently it was a crime to kill a pureblood or someone of a noble lineage…

Outnumbered and unwanted, I thought it was best to leave such a home since there wasn't any punishment dealt.

Living on the streets, I had learned that image was not to most important thing in life as I saw how other people lived day to day.

But at that point of time I was bitter, upset and dying. I had run out of cash and I was slowly starving, making my way to blood shock.

One night as I was losing consciousness, I didn’t think that I would be able to wake up the next day.

I thought that it was the end of me with that last strand of consciousness leaving me. But amazingly, I woke up with Yong Guk, Dae Hyun and Zelo around me.

They had sensed me stirring and were readied to restrain me if I was lost to the blood shock.

Blinking at them and getting up slowly, my first words to them was ‘where am I’

Seeing that I was sane, they called for Elder Yong to come in and talk to me.

Telling him what I told you, he was unfazed and asked me if I’d like to stay here permanently like the rest of the guys here. To call this place home…” Him Chan gave a small smile at the fact that this is his home now.

“Yah, Yoon Mi. I thought your tears ran out! Why are you crying again?” He scolded her gently as he wiped away her tears with his thumb.

“Well your story was really really sad! Only a heartless person wouldn’t cry after hearing this” Yoon Mi said in half sobs and trying hard to stop the tears from flowing.

“You are too compassionate Yoon Mi” Him Chan chuckled as the tears still kept coming. “Can I have a hug?”

“You already are hugging me” She complained as he didn’t give her time to respond and wrapped his arms around her. Laughing “Yeah I do that sometimes, doing something without permission”

-

*Ah Him Chan, you told her a simplified version of your story…* Yong Guk shook his head as he stood outside the kitchen all the while. Listening in to their conversation, he knew it was rude but he didn’t want to spoil the moment that they were having. To him, it didn’t matter who Yoon Mi got close to.

As long as she is able to smile again and be happy, he would be alright too.


Annyeong!

How are you guys doing! :D I was out having my violin lesson and as I logged on via my hand phone I was so surprised to see 4 new comments on this story.

I was smiling to myself on the bus XD I must have looked like some weirdo to the people around me.

Well, who care~ they don't know me.

As I thought of the title, B.A.P's song 'It's all lies' came to mind. Though it doesn't entirely fit, certain part does perfectly.

Also Dae Hyun's voice is just melting my heart away >.< Dae Hyun-ah TT^TT you're voice is just too amazing ~

*Ah-hem, okay. Coming back from my fangirling moment.*

Ne...I hope you enjoyed the chapter and reading about commander Him Chan's past

with love~

Violynn