Again?

Time Machine

 

Weeks passed by and Yoona was trying her best in avoiding Kyuhyun at work. Seungyeon, who doesn’t know about their past yet, treats Yoona very well. Yes, sometimes she is strict with Yoona but she never yelled at her – which makes Yoona feel relief.

 

“Yoona. I’ll be gone for 3 days. I have to attend a conference in Singapore. I’ll leave you some work and make sure you finish them all before I come back.” Seungyeon told Yoona. “Sure. I promise to finish them before you come back.” Yoona smiled. “Thank you.” Seungyeon smiled back. “Oh, by the way before I forget.” Seungyeon added. “Kyuhyun will be your boss while I’m gone.”

 

“Kyu… Kyuhyun?” Yoona looked at Seungyeon. “Yes, he’s my fiancé.” Seungyeon noticed Yoona’s face. “Don’t worry, he’s a nice guy. He’s not strict unlike my father.” Seungyeon chuckled.

 

“WHAT?” Taeyeon screamed at the phone. “Yah! Do you really need to scream that loud? Aish. Yes, I will be working with him.” Yoona told her best friend. Yoona told everything to Taeyeon. She told her how she met Kyuhyun again and now this, she will be working with him. “This is not  very good idea Yoong.” Taeyeon said on the other line. “I know. But I don’t have a choice. Seungyeon doesn’t know anything about me and Kyuhyun.” Yoona said. “That’s the point! What if she found out? I smell trouble.” Taeyeon said. “Then what should I do? I don’t want to quit my job just because of him!” Yoona pouted. “Just avoid him.” Taeyeon sighed. “How will I do that? I mean of course we need to interact since we’re going to work together.” Yoona said. “I don’t know Yoong.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“This is it. Seungyeon already left the country for the conference in Singapore. Now I have to work with Kyuhyun for the next three days. Three days, Yoona. Just three days. You can do it.” Yoona told herself as she entered the Han building. She went up to the office.

 

“Good morning.” She heard Kyuhyun as soon as she opened the door. Yoona felt uncomfortable but tried her best to greet him also. “G-Good morning sir.” Yoona avoided Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Don’t call me sir. It sounds strange.” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Just call me Kyuhyun.” He added. “But I have to call you sir since I’m just an employee here. And besides, Seungyeon-shi told me you’re my boss while she’s gone.” Yoona told him, still not looking at him. “But-“ Kyuhyun was cut off by Yoona. “I’ll start with my work now. Excuse me.” Yoona headed to her seat and started her works.

 

It was lunch time and Yoona was still working on her papers. “It’s lunch time. You can take your break now.” Kyuhyun went to her. “It’s okay. I’m not yet hungry anyway. And besides, I only have 3 days to finish these works.” Yoona’s eyes was still glued on the computer screen. Kyuhyun sighed. “Still the stubborn Yoona I know.” He thought. “But your boss is telling you to take your lunch now.” Kyuhyun smirked. Yoona looked at him and sighed. “Fine.” She stood up and grabbed her bag then went to the elevator. Kyuhyun immediately followed her. “Wait! Let’s eat lunch together!” Kyuhyun stopped Yoona from going inside the elevator. “What does he want now?” Yoona closed her eyes – she was obviously annoyed. “Look Kyuhyun. Things are different now. You’re my boss now. Even if it’s only for 3 days, you’re still my boss since you’re Seungyeon’s fiancé.” Yoona looked at him. “So? That doesn’t mean I can’t eat lunch with you.” Kyuhyun said. “Why are you so stubborn?” Yoona said. “Same question with you.” Kyuhyun smirked. “Whatever.” Yoona went inside the elevator. Kyuhyun followed her.

 

“You’re going to eat your lunch here?” Kyuhyun asked Yoona. “Yes. Why? You’re not used in eating in this kind of restaurant are you? Sorry. I don’t like to eat in those fancy restaurant like you rich people.” Yoona said sarcastically. “No, I like to eat here. It’s just that it’s been a while.” Kyuhyun took a seat in front of Yoona and looked at her. “What? Aren’t you going to order? Hurry up cause I still have lots of things to do.” Yoona tossed him the menu. Kyuhyun just chuckled. He missed this. Even though he knows Yoona is irritated at him at the moment, he missed this kind of bonding with her.