The Reason

Time Machine

 

Hope you’ll understand Yoona.” Kyuhyun thought to himself before explaining everything to Yoona.

 

The day I broke up with you….. was the day my father told me that I have to marry someone to save my family’s future. You see, marrying this girl is the only way to save my family to be honest… so I have no choice.” Kyuyhun started.

 

*Flashback*

 

But dad, you know I have a girlfriend right now.” Kyuhyun sighed. “We have no choice son. In order to save our company, you have to marry Mr. Han’s daughter.” Kyuhyun’s father looked at his son. “I’m sorry.” His father added. Kyuhyun looked at his father in disbelief. “We’ll meet Mr. Han’s family tomorrow night. Be prepared because you’re going to meet your soon-to-be wife.” His father added. Kyuhyun stood up then went to his room. To be honest, he didn’t know what to do. Yes, he wants to save his father’s company but not in this way. He lied down on his bed and thought of what to do. He looked at the picture of him and Yoona. They’re both smiling. Suddenly, Kyuhyun received a text message from Yoona. “Goodnight Kyu. I love you so much<3”. Kyuhyun can’t help but smile at his cute girlfriend but that smile immediately faded when he remembered everything his father told him earlier. “I’m so sorry Yoona. I really love you.” Kyuhyun’s tears fell. “Goodnight my beautiful Yoong. Let’s go on a date tomorrow! I have something to tell you. I love you so much, don’t you ever forget that.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

The next day, Kyuhyun spent all of his time with Yoona. They did everything a couple would do on their date. Like watching a movie, playing games at the arcade, shopping, etc. It was dinner time. “Wow! I’m so tired! I don’t know why you made me go on a date with you the whole day Kyu but thank you, I had so much fun.” Yoona chuckled. Kyuhyun slightly smiled. Yoona noticed this and immediately asked Kyuhyun. “Are you okay? Is there something wrong?” Yoona asked. “Yoona…” Kyuhyun started. Yoona stared at him. She can feel something bad is about to happen. “Yoona… I’m really sorry…. You know I love you so much but… but… I think we have to break up.” Kyuhyun looked down.

That’s it.

Yoona’s whole world fell apart when she heard Kyuhyun.

She couldn’t believe it. Yoona was shaking her head. “No… no… you can’t break up with me. I didn’t do anything wrong right? Or maybe I did? What was it? I’m sorry.” Yoona was speaking too fast. “No, no. You didn’t do anything wrong Yoona.” Kyuhyun said softly. “Then why?” Yoona was crying. “I love you so much but I’m really sorry.” And with that, Kyuhyun stood up then went outside of the restaurant leaving Yoona crying alone. When Kyuhyun was outside of the restaurant, he looked back and saw Yoona crying so hard inside. He wants to go to her and comfort her but if he will, then he might change his mind again. “I’m really sorry.” Kyuhyun can’t help but cry too then went inside his car.

 

*End of flashback*

 

So, you broke up with me just because of that?” Yoona looked at Kyuhyun. It was obvious on her face that she was annoyed at the same time surprised. “Yes, I’m really sorry I didn’t tell you about this before.” Kyuhyun sighed. Yoona shook her head. She couldn’t believe this. “You broke up with me just because of that. Kyuhyun, you could’ve thought of something to save your family’s company. Maybe you could’ve asked me to help… but you didn’t. You gave me up Kyuhyun, you did.” Yoona’s tears fell down her cheek. “I told you, I have no choice Yoona….” Kyuhyun can’t help feel sad too. To be honest, he missed Yoona so much. “I’m being honest here. I didn’t want to leave you. I love you with all my heart Yoona.” Kyuhyun added.

 

What’s the point now?” Yoona managed to look at Kyuhyun in the eyes even though she was crying really hard. “You’re going to marry someone now. Someone who is not me.” Yoona said. “I think we should just stay away from each other and never talk to each other again. That’s the best way to heal our feelings.” Yoona added. Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say. The other side of him tells him that Yoona’s right. He has to marry another girl. But the other side of him also tells him that Yoona’s not right. Because he doesn’t really want to marry another girl. The only girl he wants to marry is Yoona. But it’s too late now. Everything is settled.

 

Can we be at least just friends?” Kyuhyun tried to make Yoona look at him. Yoona didn’t know what to answer. To be honest, she wants to say yes but somehow, she doesn’t have the guts to say it to him. “Maybe.” That’s the only word Yoona said before she stood up then went outside the café leaving Kyuhyun feeling guilty.

 

Yoona ran away from the café shop crying. After that talk with Kyuhyun, she felt so lonely. She felt that she was never good enough for Kyuhyun that’s why Kyuhyun gave up on her. She went to nearby park and sat down. She just needed to be alone during that moment. She didn’t want anyone to talk to her. Not even her mom or her best friend Taeyeon. She just want to be alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I'm really really really sorry for not updating for like 3 months (i guess). I started this story last summer and I thought I would finish it within my summer vacation but I was wrong. Obviously, I didn't get to finish this story before summer ends. And now I'm back at school and I'm really busy ~.~ I've been having different projects to submit and some exams too;; being a college student is not really easy tbh T__T Anyway, I wanna thank the subscribers of this story. Thank you for continuous support for this fanfic even though I rarely update! And to my new subcribers, thank you so much! Hope I won't disappoint everyone! Don't forget to comment and subscribe (for those who haven't hehe). Thank you so much guys! I'll try to update more! :)