My Heart Still Hurts

Time Machine

 

~~~

*Flashback*

 

It was winter season.

YoonA decided to go to a nearby café shop to warm her. “What would you like to have miss?” the guy at the counter asked YoonA. “Café latte please.” YoonA smiled a little at the guy. “One café latte coming right up.” The guy said while preparing for her drink. After 2 minutes, the guy gave YoonA her drink. “Have a nice day.” the guy smiled. “Thanks.” YoonA smiled back.

 

YoonA sat down beside the window of the café shop. She looked outside while drinking her café latte. She smiled to herself as she looked outside. She admired the people who passed by. There are some couples who are holding each other’s hands while giggling. There are also some children who are busy playing in the snow. Suddenly, YoonA noticed a guy outside. He was tall and has a curly hair. He was sitting in a bench with a book on his hands. YoonA smiled a little as she looked at him.

 

It seems that KyuHyun had an instinct that someone is looking at him. He looked at the direction of the café shop. He then suddenly saw a girl smiling at his direction but immediately looked away when she noticed that he was looking. KyuHyun chuckled a little and closed his book. He stood up and went inside the café shop.

 

“Omo. Is he coming inside? Did he saw me smiling at him?” YoonA was nervous when she saw KyuHyun stood up and went to the direction of the café shop. And she was right. She heard the café shop’s door being opened by a tall and curly haired guy. YoonA looked at the direction of the door and saw KyuHyun entering inside.

 

YoonA looked back at the window to avoid KyuHyun. Too late. KyuHyun was already in front of YoonA. YoonA looked at him. “Is there a problem?” YoonA asked. “That’s not a nice way of greeting someone.” KyuHyun smirked. YoonA didn’t know what to say. She just looked at him in disbelief. “Can I sit here?” KyuHyun asked YoonA. “Uhm, s-sure.” YoonA said nervously.

 

“I saw you smiling at me earlier.” KyuHyun said. Again, YoonA didn’t know what to say. “You know, if you like me, tell me.” KyuHyun said confidently. “What? I don’t like you…” YoonA was in disbelief. “I can’t believe this guy.” YoonA told herself. “I’m just kidding miss.” KyuHyun chuckled. “Well that wasn’t funny.” YoonA pouted. “I’m Cho KyuHyun.” KyuHyun offered his hand. “I’m Im YoonA.” YoonA shook his hand. “Nice to meet you YoonA.” Kyuhyun smiled. YoonA shyly smiled at him. “So, I need to go now. I’ll see you around then?” KyuHyun stood up. “You’re leaving already?” YoonA asked. “I-I mean, okay.” YoonA stuttered. “Here.” KyuHyun got his phone then gave it to YoonA. “Give me your number.” KyuHyun smiled. YoonA nodded then typed her number on his phone. “Thanks.” KyuHyun said then left the café shop.

 

And that was YoonA’s first encounter with KyuHyun.

 

*End of flashback*

~~~

YoonA sadly smiled at the picture of her and KyuHyun. It has been a month since they broke up. She didn’t know where KyuHyun is now. They never contacted each other; or more like KyuHyun didn’t contacted YoonA after their break up. YoonA sighed as she looked outside her window. It was snowing. Her used-to-be favorite season.

 

Suddenly her phone buzzed. YoonA immediately got her phone expecting that it was KyuHyun. But no, it wasn’t. It was TaeYeon – her bestfriend.

 

“YoonA, let’s go out tomorrow! Let’s go shopping.” YoonA read her best friend’s text message to her. She smiled a little knowing that TaeYeon is doing her best to help her. “Okay! Let’s meet at 1pm okay?” YoonA sent her reply. “Yes finally! You agreed! That’s great. I will make you laugh tomorrow! Be ready okay? Hehe. See you! Goodnight.” YoonA read again her best friend’s reply. YoonA smiled at her phone. She’s really thankful that she has TaeYeon.

 

TaeYeon was the first one to know about YoonA and KyuHyun’s break up. She was there since the beginning of YoonA’s suffering. “TaeYeon, my best friend, thanks for everything! I love you bestie! See you tomorrow.” YoonA replied. And with that, YoonA lay down on her bed and closed her eyes to sleep.

~~~