CONFESSION

My Wife Is A Celebrity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s pretty.” Jessica whispered as they watched the fireflies from the small boat Yul was paddling.

“Hands on deck.” Yul said for the thousands time and Jessica kept her hand to her chest again.

“This village has many to offer. It has you for the merchandise, the pot you make can be marketed as a traditional Daegu pot. The hill, that’s a good spot for hiking. These fireflies…”

“We are not into tourism. We tried before. With you.”

“With me? When?”

“We made a banner saying ‘the village of Jessica Jung’ but nobody cares, so…”

“That’s not how you do it. You know what, I will discuss all this with my CEO. He probably knows what to do.”

“Sure.” Yul replied and paddled the boat through the river.

//

“Yul.” Jessica glanced at Yul who was paddling slowly. 

The only light that enlightened them was from a small oil lamp Yul put at both side of the boat. One for him and one for Jessica who sat at the opposite side of the boat. 

“Yeah?” Yul looked at Jessica.

“I have been meaning to ask you something.”

Yul replied with a stare.

“I don’t know how to put it in words.” Jessica was nervous.

Yul had a hint but he didn’t want to jump into conclusions. He gave Jessica another look to assure her that it was okay to ask him anything. Jessica took a deep breath.

“I like you. I really like you Yul.” Jessica confessed.

Yul didn’t retaliate as he looked at the woman.

“I have always like you but I don’t have the courage to tell you.” Jessica waited for Yul’s response.

Jessica was confused when Yul suddenly smiled and chuckled.

“I like you too silly. I won’t follow you around if I dont like you.” Yul stopped paddling as they have arrived at the small jetty.

“I am your best friend after all. Am I not? Of course we have to like each other. If not, we won’t get along.”

Jessica bit her tongue as Yul pretended to be oblivious.

“Are you really going to do that to me, Yul?” Jessica stood abruptly and Yul yelped as the boat swayed.

“Jeshika!” Yul yelped again as Jessica jumped out of the boat onto the jetty. 

He looked at the woman as she glared at him.

“What is wrong-“

“Don’t play dumb with me! You know what I mean! You know what, don’t even bother to see me again.” Jessica ran through the dark road while Yul shouted for her.

//

Yul sped up his motorcycle but Jessica was nowhere to be seen. He stopped his motorcycle and wandered here and there, looking for Jessica. 

“Jeshika!” Yul shouted again. 

Yul heard something moving in the bushes so he didn’t think twice to follow the noise.

//

Jessica didn’t realised that she was running all the way home, in the dark of the village roads. She was too angry of Yul’s attitude. She has mustered the courage to confess and he dared to play her like that. 

Jessica arrived at her grandmother’s house, panting and was surprised to see Hyoyeon when she opened the door.

“Hyo?” Jessica looked at her grandmother and Hyoyeon watching tele while eating some fruits.

“Your friends arrived a while ago. Where’s Yul?” Grandma Jung looked at her granddaughter.

“He left.” Jessica lied.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked to Hyoyeon.

“Big news. I tried calling you but you didn’t answer so I have no come. Korean Air has chose you as their celebrity ambassador.”

“Really?” Jessica was taken aback.

Gone her anger towards Yul earlier.

“Yeah! They gonna put your face onto their planes!”

“Aigoo!” Grandma Jung clapped her hands while Jessica and Hyoyeon hugged and jumped as celebration.

“This is huge but why?”

“Because of brand power m, silly. Ever since your accident, people has been supporting you and mentioning you everywhere. Don’t tell me you don’t read anything about it.”

“Well, I did read here and there but I never thought it would resulted into this.” Jessica was ecstatic.

“Well, here it is. We need to go back to Seoul pronto for everything. The shoot, the recording, the everything.” Hyoyeon said.

“Then let’s go tonig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter