GONE

My Wife Is A Celebrity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica put her palm on Yul’s face and caressed the man’s cheek. She was still crying but it has subsided. They were in Grandma Jung’s car as Yul wanted Jessica to have a personal space. It turned out Yul didn’t bring his phone and he had to park a bit far from the entrance. Yul pulled Jessica and hugged her. She stayed still in his arms, seeking peace.

“I never thought she would say that to you.” Jessica cried in Yul’s arms.

“I told you right? Others won’t understand. The gap is more visible now.” Yul said in a monotone voice.

“Yul…” Jessica pulled away as she sobbed uncontrollably.

“Jeshika…” Yul called softly, wiping her tears.

“No Yul. Please. Please.” Jessica felt her chest become heavy and closing.

She knew what he was indicating. She stared at the man before her, the man didn’t show any emotions.

“…”

“Don’t do this to me. You said you wanted to marry me. That’s your only goal.” Jessica’s voice was shaking, she gripped his shirt, begging.

“Maybe I was too ambitious….” Yul kind of whispered his words but Jessica heard it clearly.

“No!” Jessica yelled.

Yul looked out the window as the woman cried her heart out at his chest.

“We have to think through about this but now you have to focus on your grandmother.” Yul pulled Jessica away from him.

“Then what? When she healed you’re going to do what?” Jessica felt discomfort in her eyes.

Yul didn’t reply as he kept staring at the woman before him.

“Answer me!” Jessica shouted, crying.

“I can’t see how this gonna work Sica ya…” Yul said, his voice almost crack.

Jessica cried harder at Yul’s words. She felt numb in her chest.

“Sacrifice for me. If you really do love me, sacrifice for me.” Jessica pleaded.

“Haven’t I sacrificed enough?” Yul yelped.

“What did you sacrificed? What did you do? Screw me?! You didn’t do anything. You won’t even fight for me. You always resort to the gap! I don’t see any gap. All I see is a coward!” Jessica yelled while crying.

Yul nodded with a heaved that made him perched his lips.

“Maybe that’s who I am. A coward.” Yul clenched his jaw.

“You’re so unreliable and a coward .” Jessica said with pure hatred.

Yul nodded. 

“Here’s the keys.” Yul put the car key onto the dashboard and exited the car.

“Yeah you’re a coward! Walk away! Dont ever see me again!” Jessica shouted angrily before she cried her eyes out. 

She felt disappointed that Yul would want to back off that easily. She had sacrificed so much for Yul and Yul couldn’t even face the backlash. Jessica felt like she was the only one who was holding onto this relationship. She was exhausted.

Just a minute later, she exited the car to looked for Yul but he was nowhere to be seen.

Jessica covered as her lips trembled. Her eyes were hot too. She felt a sudden realisation that she was over the line. Yul did sacrificed for her. He sacrificed his pride for her. He endured her.

“Yul…” Jessica said to herself as she cried in the middle of the parking lot.

//

Taecyeon and Hyoyeon sat outside the ward as only families were allowed to enter. They arrived rather late, it was close to midnight. Nonetheless, they got to see Jessica and calmed her down, assuring her she would get a long day offs. As much as she wanted. 

Jessica’s appearance at the hospital also made some ruckus as her fans came flocking to the hospital to see her. 

“We can transfer her to Seoul Hospital. She will get better treatment.” Mr. Jung said and Jessica could only agree. 

Jessica didn’t waste any time as she rent a helicopter for her grandmother the very next morning. That made headlines as well, where netizens praised Jessica for being a diligent granddaughter but she didn’t care.

“You guys go with grandma. I have to go back to the house to take my things.” Jessica insisted.

“I’ll drive you.” Taecyeon suggested but Jessica wanted to go alone.

So Jessica saw her parents and her grandmother who was still unconscious flew away in a helicopter before she went to her grandmother’s car and drove back to the village.

//

Jessica drove straight to the workshop. She stopped her car when she didn’t see Yul’s car at the workshop. She exited the car and couldn’t enter the premise as the gate was locked. Jessica looked around before she drove to Yul’s house.

Yul’s father and brother was blushing and was not a help at all. They claimed Yul didn’t stay with them anymore and alway have made the workshop his place. The last time they saw him was two weeks ago, where he told them that he got big contracts and might need to migrate. To where? They didn’t bother to ask.

Jessica thanked them and drove to the waterfall. The waterfall too was empty. Jessica bit her lips, refraining herself from crying. Then she thought of a place. Jessica drove to the foot of the hill where Yul once found her. She parked the car and ran up hill. She ran until she was at the top and finally at the small hut they used as shelter but it was empty. Jessica didn’t know where to go anymore. She took out her phone and dialled Yul’s number, hoping he would pick up but his phone was out of reach.

Jessica sat at the hut and stared at the place where Yul and her sat a year ago. Side by side, sharing warmth. Jessica opened her iMessage and typed her heart out, all the way crying. 

‘Seobang, Yul, I am sorry for everything. I shouldn’t have said that. I crossed the line. I am sorry. Please forgive me. I love you so much. I need you in my life. I can’t live without you. I need you. Answer my call, Yul. I need to see you. We can talk this out. Even, even if you want to break up with me, it’s okay but don’t go missing like this. I love you. I love you. I love you.’

Alas, she hit the send button and stared at her phone. Jessica wasn’t aware that she waited an hour for a reply but there was none. Jessica wiped her tears away before she made her way down hill slowly.

//

Grandma Jung looked at Jessica who was asleep by her side. She recognised that she was in the hospital. 

“Grandma…” Jessica woke up and touched her grandmother’s hand.

It had been 3 days that her grandmother bedridden and didn’t wake up much that the hospital needed to iv drip the old woman.

“You don’t have to say anything right now. I just want you to be healthy again, okay?” Jessica said and Grandma Jung gripped Jessica’s hand.

Jessica pushed the call button and waited for the doctor to arrive.

//

 

[DISPATCH] EXCLUSIVE: THE CULPRIT OF JESSICA’S ACCIDENT 

 

Choi Young you bastard! He did it on purpose… jail him! this is so oba! How did they caught him like that?  The movie was shot almost 18 months ago. Why did the crew kept it quiet? Na Inwoo must be shaking in anger.

 

//

Jessica took her phone and looked at the caller ID. Hyoyeon.

“Hey.”

“Did you read the news?” 

“Which one?”

“Young was the one who loosened the horse strap! He caused the accident!”

“What?!” Jessica covered .

“It’s viral now! Take care of yourself. I will send two bodyguards. Okay?”

“What for?” Jessica ran back to her grandmother’s room.

“Who knows what his crazy fans will do to you.”

“I doubt that but send them anyway.” Jessica said softly as she entered the room. 

Grandma Jung was watching the television. Jessica sat at the sofa instead and searched for the news. As she was reading, Taecyeon called her but she declined the call.

“Bastard!” Jessica whispered as she watched the video. 

Jessica stood and went to her grandmother when the old woman coughed. She helped her grandmother to drink some water when a doctor came in.

He made a thorough check and ruled out Grandma Jung could go home that day. Jessica thanked the doctor and smiled at her grandmother.

//

[PANN] CHOI YOUNG IS ARRESTED 

 

Serve him right. That motherer! Shibal I heard it was because Jessica kept telling him to stop smoking during their movie shoots. He ended his career just like that. Should have searched who sold the video to Dispatch.

//

Taecyeon and Jaehyun was present at the police station for Jessica as she was taking a hiatus. They did everything for her. Jessica wanted to press charges and so they did. Young was also brought in and was jailed in waiting of the trial under the charges of attempted murder.

//

6 months later…

Jessica screamed in her sleep and struggled. Mr. and Mrs. Jung barged into her room and calmed their daughter down. Jessica woke up from her sleep and hugged her mother, crying. Mr. Jung wondered whether Jessica needed to see a specialist. For Mr. and Mrs. Jung, the episodes that Jessica had been through this past months since she moved into their home is from the acknowledgment of Young trying to kill her. 

Just two weeks ago, Young was found guilty and imprisoned for 3 years. Jessica didn’t even attend the court session and only sent her lawyer who came with Taecyeon as her representative. 

“Daughter, you can’t go on like this. You have to let it go.” Mrs. Jung said as she rubbed Jessica’s back, calming the young woman.

“What is bothering you, huh?” Mr. Jung sat beside Jessica and caressed his daughter’s hair which was a mess.

Jessica shook her head and proceeded to hug her mother. She refused to say anything. All she wanted was someone to hug. 

//

Jessica stared at the iMessage she had with Yul. She read each of the exchanges. Since the last message she sent to Yul, she hadn’t send any as she waited for his reply. Bombarding him would only make the situation worse. Jessica bit her lips as she read the note where Yul said he missed her so much and he went to help her grandmother as a substitute. Jessica was heartbroken. She didn’t understand why her grandmother disapproved Yul. 

Yul is a good man. He is responsible. Reliable. Hardworking. Yul is a man that anyone can trust their life with. Yul is one of a kind. One in a million. How could Grandma Jung accused Yul of going after her money when Yul backed off from the only fortune his family has? He sacrificed so much and lived off village works to make end meets when he could fight for his right fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter