MEMORIES

My Wife Is A Celebrity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Grandma, sit down with me.” Jessica called as the old woman was busy with her maid preparing food for Jessica that late evening.

“Just a while, Jessica.” Grandma Jung said as she put a bow of snail stew.

Jessica clapped her hands happily as she saw the dish.

“You can’t get this in Seoul.” Jessica let her grandmother feed her one.

“Aigoo, look, how can’t I love my her. She is a top actress but still enjoys dish like this.” Grandma Jung said at her maid and the maid nodded while Jessica laughed.

“I am your fan, Ms. Jung.” The maid said sheepishly and Jessica laughed.

“I will give you my signature later, okay?” Jessica said and the maid blushed while making her way back to the kitchen. 

Grandma Jung pampered Jessica with various dishes that evening and even helped deboning the fish she grilled herself.

//

Jessica entered her room and everything looked the same. She sat down on the bed and looked at the window. Jessica pried open the window to be welcome with a big lake. Jessica looked around the lake. No one was around the lake. Jessica leaned to the window and spent some time admiring the scenery.

A movement from afar caught her attention. She tried to see carefully. She smiled when she was sure. She sat down on her bed and watched the man walked his sheeps at the other side of the lake. Jessica’s smile was wide when she noticed the man stopped walking. 

“He must have noticed me.” Jessica said to herself.

Jessica’s smile disappeared when the man walked his sheeps again but to the other road and not toward the road to her grandma house. Jessica could only watch the man disappeared with his sheeps.

//

Jessica lied down and stared at the ceiling. It was already midnight but she could not sleep. It was not because of the small single bed. It was not because of the old mattress. It’s the man earlier. She was sure he saw her by the window. She was sure he knew who would sit at that particular window. He doesnt care anymore? 

Jessica turned to the left and closes her eyes, hoping she could fall asleep as fast as she could so that she wont feel tormented by the man’s attitude. Jessica groaned  and pushed her face to the pillow, forcing herself to sleep.

//

“You know, Jessica is a natural beauty. She never have anything surgical on her. I can attest to that. She was so pretty and smart that when she was 16, we were contemplating whether to send her to medicine school or acting scholl because at that time, the agency has already scouting her. In the end, we choose what she likes. She want to act, she loves the camera and when her first drama aired, the rating was off the chart. 13.3%. That was high. The highest by that year. We were so proud of her.” Grandma Jung was boasting about Jessica to her maid.

“I like her acting too, Madam.” The maid said.

“Let’s watch her drama tonight.” Grandma Jung said giddily and the maid nodded happily.

“Which one?” Jessica appeared at the dining room.

She went to her grandma and kissed her cheeks as a greet.

“We are watching Thorn Roses. Care to join?” Grandma Jung watched Jessica took a seat beside her.

Jessica shook her head.

“Not that. That’s too old.” Jessica scooped the fried rice and ate it.

“That’s my favourite.” Grandma Jung replied.

“Because the heroin’s name is yours?” Jessica said jokingly and her grandma laughed out loud.

“To hear Kim Won calling my name, ahh what a feeling.”

“Eww grandma. Kim Won was too old for me at that time. And he smoked. I hate him.”

Grandma Jung chuckled.

“I like his character. Not him in real life.” Grandma Jung assured her granddaughter.

“So grandma, who help you around here?” Jessica smiled at the maid as she put some more rice in her bowl.

“Just Jangmi here an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter