DREAMS

My Wife Is A Celebrity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yul glanced at Jessica as she leaned to him. She had her head on his shoulder as they sat side by side in a small hut above the hill, watching the rain grew harsher. They needed the warm so they decided to sit next to each other. Jessica has messaged her grandmother of her whereabouts and the old woman was relieved.

“Are you really okay?” Yul break the silence.

“…”

“I saw the news about your accident.” 

“Hmmm.” 

Yul ran his eyes to Jessica’s hands and legs. All looked okay.

“I was in a coma for three weeks.”

“Yeah. It was all over the news.”

“For three weeks, I lied still on that bed. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t do anything.”

“…”

“And each night… when they closed my eyelid for a sleep, I always have the same dream.” Jessica stopped her words.

She looked at Yul as the man looked at her as well. She smiled at him and leaned to his shoulder again. Yul wondered what the dream was but he didn’t dare to ask. He let the silence reign again as they watched the rain.

//

Yul held Jessica’s hand as they walked down the hill. It was a bit tricky as there was a sudden flow of water down the walkway. The rain was light and they decided to walk home through it.

“Jessica!” Yul shouted when Jessica suddenly fell on her knee.

Yul examined Jessica’s knee while she winced in pain. Yul looked at the small bruise. He understood that the small bruise is a big issue for an actress like  Jessica.

“Are you okay? Let me carry you. That will be safer.” Yul said but he was confused as Jessica looked at him peculiarly.

“You call me Jessica.” 

Yul groaned in surprise. He naturally pinched Jessica’s cheek and the woman ouched.

“Your knee is bleeding and that’s what you are worrying about?” Yul shook his head and turned his back to Jessica.

Jessica understood. She hugged  Yul’s neck from behind and Yul carried her easily. 

“I don’t like it when you say it like that.”

“But that’s your name. Would you want in the sea of your fans, then you heard Jeshika! Jeshika! You will be embarrassed.”

Jessica pinched Yul’s cheek jokingly and he laughed.

“I don’t mind because then I will know that my best friend is there.” Jessica glued her cheek to Yul’s.

“Okay. Hahaha.” Yul laughed although in his heart he felt something different.

“Yul, my bike.” Jessica pointed.

“I will bring it back tomorrow.” Yul said, continuing to walk.

“Why did you stay in the army for so long?” Jessica asked suddenly.

“I like it there.”

When Yul enlisted, he stayed in the army as long as he could. When some men went for 2 years, Yul extended to 4 years and occasional volunteer which lasted 6 months each. Hence, every time Jessica visited her grandmother, Yul would never be there.

“Don’t do that again.”

“Why not?”

“I have to stay here for a month to actually see you. Every time I came back for 2 or 3 days, you were never here.” Jessica rested her chin on Yul’s shoulder.

“You wanted to see me?” Yul asked jokingly, glancing at the woman.

Jessica rolled her eyes and hid her face at Yul’s neck. Yul laughed and continued walking.

//

“Omo, what happened?” Grandma Jung looked at Jessica who was drenched and was carried by Yul on his back.

“She fell and hurt her knee.”

“Jessica! You have to be careful. Have you not learned your lesson!” Grandma Jung was mad but Jessica laughed.

She let Yul put a towel over her when Aunt Jangmi brought towels for them.

“It’s nothing grandma. Don’t worry.”

“It’s nothing now but it will be something later. I don’t want you to endanger yourself ever again! Yul, please accompany her after this?” Grandma Jung looked at Yul and Yul looked at Jessica who had a smug look on her face. 

He nodded slowly and Jessica rolled her eyes with a big smile before walking to her room. Yul excused himself and walked back to his house. He smiled too as in the end, Jessica always get what she wants. Earlier on their way, Jessica has asked Yul to accompany her everyday but he refused. And when he heard Grandma Jung’s request he swore he could laughed out loud but he refrained himself.

“Anything for you, Jeshika.”

//

“Director-nim, look at this.” A crew called for Director Kang to look at the screen.

The crew was busy editing the movie when he saw something weird. 

“That bastard!” Directo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter