Chapter 9

Forever

 

I decided to go to the supermarket to buy some groceries for my lunch date with Hyukjae today. He’ll be coming over to my apartment today as I already promised to cook for his birthday.

We don’t bother about going out on a date like what other couples did. We’re not really like that. We usually spend our time together at my apartment, watching movies but ended up talking to each other. For us, it’s much more special when we’re left alone, without anyone else disturbing us.

When I finished with my groceries shopping, I quickly walked back home. I have so many things in mind to cook for him. His favorite japchae is a must and also the seaweed soup for him.

As soon as I reached home, I started with the cooking. I wasn’t used to making seaweed soup before, it has always been Taeyeon unnie who made it for me. This time, it’s the first time I’m cooking it. I finished the cooking earlier than I thought it will be.

Just as I served the food on the table, I heard the bell rang. I opened the door and pulled Hyukjae inside.

“You always came at the right time! I just finished cooking,”

“I knew it! I could smell it from the doorstep. I’m hungry! If it’s not ready by the time I stepped in, I’ll seriously leave and eat somewhere else,” he complained childishly.

“Enough with your nagging. Just eat,” I said as I shoved a spoonful of the seaweed soup into his mouth.

“You improved your cooking skills! This is good,” he said as he opened his mouth again, wanting to be fed by me.

“It’s not the first time I ever cooked, Hyuk. I’ve always been cooking for you even before we started dating each other. Just eat by yourself, I’m not your mother,” I reminded him and smirked at him.

“My girlfriend’s cooking, Hwang Miyoung’s cooking, Lee Hyukjae girl’s cooking is the best!” he praised me and patted my head.

This boy, I love him. How can I not love this childish boy?

- - - - - 

“Tiffany, let’s get some ice cream!” Hyukjae suddenly said as he turned off the television.

We’ve watched two movies and we still have a couple of DVDs to go. It’s not really that we’re watching the movie completely, both of us talked most of the time. There were even times when he suddenly dozed off on my shoulder.

“Your treat?” I asked him, showing him my eye-smile.

“Just come, I’m hungry. I can’t watch anymore, let’s continue when we get back,” he grinned showing his gummy smile.

I didn’t say anything else and followed him as he pulled me. Since the ice cream parlor is not that far from my apartment, we decided not to drive. He kept on holding firmly to my hand as we walked across the street to the parlor.

We ordered our ice cream and Hyukjae paid for the ice cream. I quickly find a seat inside the shop. He came to the table and took a seat next to me not so long after that.

“This is so refreshing. So delicious,” he said with a big smile plastered on his face.

“You know it’s delicious because you’re having it with me,” I .

“Isn’t it just obvious? Whenever I’m with you, everything seems to be going smoothly,” he answered back.

“I know, I know. Palli, finish the ice-cream. I want to go home quickly,”

- - - - - 

“Going home already?”

I quickly turned around to see my two best friends grinning at me. I quickly hugged the two of them.

“Now I know why the both of you didn't turn up for lecture today,” Sunny said teasingly.

“We’re just celebrating Hyuk’s birthday!” I explained to them.

“We know. We’re just teasing. Happy birthday, Hyuk! We’ll treat you for lunch tomorrow, okay? We’ll go first,” Jessica said before the both of them gave a quick hug to Hyukjae.

“There’ll be two girls treating me for lunch tomorrow while I have to treat my girlfriend on my birthday. My girlfriend is so mean,” he said mockingly.

“Your girlfriend came to your apartment in the middle of the night just to be the first person to wish you,” I reminded him.

He quickly wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pecked me on the cheek.

“Yes, I know. I appreciate that,”

We walked back to my apartment and continued watching our movie together. He decided to go back home after dinner since we’re having a lecture the next day, and not to forget, the birthday treat for him from my best friends.

- - - - - 

I was about to sleep when suddenly my phone rang. I know it’s him by the ringtone. I answered the call half-heartedly, annoyed because he just distracted me.

“What else do you want?” I asked him in annoyance.

“It’s almost 11.59pm now. I want you to wish me again,” he said childishly.

“I already wished you, Hyukjae,”

“I want my girlfriend to be the first and the last person to wish me on my birthday,”

I glanced at the clock hanging on my bedroom wall. Almost 11.59pm. I don’t know what made me follow what he said because I would just hang up the call if it’s not him. I waited until the clock strikes to 11.59pm.

“My boyfriend, Lee Hyukjae, happy birthday! May God bless you always and may we stay together always.  Thank you for coming into my life, thank you for making me smile, and annoyed, but I can’t ask for more from you because I already have you. You’re like a puzzle that completes my life, I love you,” I wished him right when it’s time. I don’t know how I can throw out those words but it seems like I just spoke it out smoothly, like it’s a script.

Silence. I waited for his reply but instead I heard a sob which scares me. He never  cried in front of me before, and I never thought he’ll cry just by the words I just said to him.

“Yah, you’re not crying right?”

“Hwang Miyoung, that’s so sweet. That’s like the most touching and sweetest wish I ever received and it was said by you. Thank you, thank you,” he said.

“You wanted me to wish you and now you cried. I thought you should be happy,”

“I am. I’m always happy when you’re with me. I love you, my mushroom. Good night,”

We hung up the call and I lied in my bed, staring at the wall. I can’t believe what I just said. I hardly express out my feelings but whenever I’m with him, I can just tell him everything. It’s like I’m a different girl whenever I’m  with him. I fell asleep that night, with a big smile on my face. 



 

So, I'm alive. No worries, I updated. I told ya I'm going to be on hiatus, right? Sorry for the long delay. Hope you'll enjoy ♥