Chapter 15

Forever

 

Everything is back to normal. I don’t know what’ll come next but I’m prepared for the worst. Whatever comes, I’ll still hold onto him. I’ll never let go, no matter what it is.

Hyoyeon met me and apologized for asking me to leave Hyukjae. She told me how she realized that he’s just not in love with her anymore. Surprisingly, she even told us that she’ll be leaving again. She won’t be here because she can’t see the both of us together. What I have in mind was for her to be happy. I know it’s so painful to see the one that you love with another girl. One day, I know she’ll find someone that’s meant for her.

“I’m going back to my hometown tomorrow,” Hyukjae said one day on our way back to my apartment.

It’s our college break starting from tomorrow. I know he’ll go back to his hometown during this break. It’s been months since he last met his family. I don’t mind at all, as I know his family is the first thing that should come into his life.

“Drive carefully, okay?” I told him with a big smile on my face.

“And my mom wants you to come along,” he said.

To be honest, I am surprised when he told me that. I don’t know it’ll be this early for us to meet his parents. I am serious in this relationship, but I don’t really think I am prepared to meet his parents yet. What if they don’t like me? What if they don’t think I’m the right one for him?

“I know what you’re thinking. Just take this as a visit to meet my family, okay? Don’t worry, my family don’t bite,”

I stared at him, not feeling confident at all.  Right then, I felt him tighten his hold of my hand. I somehow gained the confident, maybe it’s still early but it’s not wrong, right? I’m just going to meet his parents. Sooner or later, I will still be meeting them.

I nodded my head and showed him my eye-smile. He ruffled my hair happily. I’ll do anything, anything to make this boy happy. We arrived and after he make sure that I’ve entered the lobby safely, he walked home.

Tomorrow, tomorrow is the day. I don’t know what will be his parent’s reaction towards me but I hope it’ll be great.

 


 

 

The journey back to his hometown didn’t took that long. We arrived in front of Hyukjae’s house and I stayed in the car, feeling all nervous and scared. Nervous of what might they say about me. Will they treat me nicely? Will they accept me?

“It’s okay. They’re nice, as nice as me,” he said when he opened the car’s door and pulled me out. I smiled at him, trying to gain confident from his eyes.

I hid behind him when he entered the house. He walked to the kitchen, calling out his mother. Maybe his dad is still at work now. I heard footsteps coming towards us and I quickly grabbed his hand, clutching to it tightly.

“My little boy, you’re home,” his mother said as she hugged him tightly. In front of me, I could see Hyukjae as a completely different person, he looks like a little boy, too different from the Hyukjae that always protect me when we’re together.

When his mother broke the hug she turned to face me and smiled brightly. I suddenly feel the warmth from this woman. I know she’s nice from the way she smiled at me. I bowed at her and without me expecting it, she pulled me into a hug.

“So you’re Miyoung, right? You’re so pretty. No wonder my son loves you so much,” she praised me as she kept on caressing my face. I blushed to her compliment, still surprised with her warm acceptance.

“Thank you for inviting me here, Mrs Lee,” I said.

“Don’t call me that. Just call me eomma. You’re going to be my little daughter-in-law afterall,” she said as she showed me the room I’ll be staying in during this one night stay at their house.

In the evening, Hyukjae’s father came home from work. I quickly greeted him politely. He gave me a warm smile and insist on me calling him as ‘appa’. It was surprising, and yet it made me happy. I’ve been living years without my parents and now, feeling the warm love from them made me smile.

 


 

 

That night, I insisted on helping Hyukjae’s mother to make dinner. Though his mother keeps on telling me to get my rest instead of helping her, I just couldn’t do it. I can’t just let her do everything. I helped her to cook some food while she told me about Hyukjae when he was younger.

“Eomma, stop spilling out my secrets!” Hyukjae came out of nowhere while sulking.

“She’s your girlfriend, I want her to know everything about you. You can’t keep secret with your lover,” his mother said as she told Hyukjae to leave the kitchen.

Being the childish Hyukjae, he ignored his mother and instead of leaving, he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me. I blushed to his touch, not expecting it from him especially when we’re in front of his mother.

“I’ll tell my own girlfriend about my secret. You’ll exaggerate things and it’ll sound awful. She’ll surely joke about that when we get back to Seoul,” he complained.

“Eomma will not exaggerate the story, Hyuk! She knows everything. It was you who’ll hide those awful things,” I said, defending Mrs Lee.

“So, the both of you are teaming up against me, eh?” he sulks.

I ignored him and get back to doing my work. He didn’t say anything after that. He quickly pecked me on the cheek before he ran out from the kitchen. If only his mother wasn’t there, I’ll seriously smack him or something. His mother laughed at her only son.

“Miyoung, I want to talk to you tonight, just the two of us. Is it okay if I come over to your room?” she said with a warm smile.

I just nodded. I don’t know what she’s going to say to me, but I know it’s not something bad. Considering how they all welcome me and how they treat me nicely, I know it’s not going to be bad.

 


 

 

Later that night his mother walks into my room with a box in her hand. I smiled at her as she walks over to the bed.

“Everyone’s asleep?” I asked her softly. She nodded her head and smiled.

“You know about Hyukjae and Hyoyeon?”

“Yes, I even met Hyoyeon at our college,” I replied.

“You know, after the breakup with Hyoyeon, he was so lifeless. I saw it all, before he left with Leeteuk. He never walked out from his bedroom, he cried himself to sleep. I never saw him crying before, but when she left, he cried every single day. That was when I know he really loves Hyoyeon,”

Somehow, deep inside, I felt jealous when I heard about it. I know it was all the past, but knowing he became like this after that breakup, it somehow breaks my heart.

“Until one day, he called home and told me about a picture of a girl that Leeteuk showed him. I realized it by then that he has fallen in love even though he denied it. He told me not long after it that he met that girl. He told me the name is Miyoung,”

“He... He saw my picture?” I was in a great shock.

“Leeteuk planned all this. He showed Hyukjae your picture and amazingly he fell for you when he saw your picture,”

I couldn’t believe it. I never thought Hyukjae knows about meeting me. I smiled, it was all planned but it turned out to be something meaningful.

“I know the time when you had a problem with each other. He was so stressed and depressed about it. He called me, crying, something that I don’t think he will do. With Hyoyeon, he cried secretly. But he even called me while crying when it comes to you,”

I could feel tears b on my eyes. I don’t know he suffered that much.

“I’m so happy that both of you get back together. He called me that night and I told him to bring you here, I want to meet you. The girl that made my little boy came back to life,” she said while smiling.

“Eomma, I promise that I’ll take care of him, and love him throughout my life. I won’t break his heart anymore. I won’t be able to live without him either,” I smiled back.

His mother took out a ring from the box she brought together with her and slowly, she put it on my finger. I looked at her with questions in my mind. What is this for?

“This is what I bought for Hyukjae’s girl. I’ve been waiting for the time to give it to the right person and now, I’m sure you’re the one. I didn’t give it to Hyoyeon because I somehow felt it won’t work out between them. It was you whom I have the confident in. So please, take care of this ring, and never take it off,”

I couldn’t help it and my tears fell drop by drop. Mrs Lee pulled me into a hug and she caressed my back lovingly. That night, I fell asleep on Mrs Lee’s lap and god knows how I miss this motherly love from someone I called ‘mom’.

 

 


 

A simple update here. Here's the link to my Kyufany oneshot; http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/390619 Please anticipate guys. Drop a comment cause it makes me happy when you do ♥ 

Till then, take care :)