Chapter 6

Forever

 

After the confession at the cafe, Hyukjae decided that both of us should spend our time together. It’s not only him, I think of the same too. He came out with the idea to watch a movie and without any objection, I just agreed to him.

“No ghost story please, Hyuk,” I reminded him right before he queued in line for the tickets. He didn’t say a word, but instead he gave me his signature smile.

Both of us walked into the cinema after that and took our seat. The movie started after the advertisement and surprisingly, he didn’t listen to me. I should've know about this. It is a ghost story.

I faced him and glare at him but he only replied with a foolish smile at me.

“I told you no ghost story!”

“I’ll protect you. Remember what I said earlier? I’ll overcome your fear,”

“I wasn’t talking about this fear. I won’t watch this. I’m going out now,” I said as I tried stand up but he pulled me back to my seat.

“This is the first step to overcome your fear. Moreover, I said I’ll help you to overcome all of your fears. Remember? Now, relax, Fany-ah. I’ll be here. Hold my hand and just enjoy the movie,” he whispered before he took my hand and held it firmly.

“I don’t know if being your girlfriend is really a good decision,” I whispered softly but loud enough that I think he heard it too. He held my hand tighter before he said something that can’t stop me from smiling.

“It is. There is no other guy except for me, my eye-smile princess,”

 

We walked home right after the movie ended since it’s getting dark. Along the way, we didn’t talk to each other that much. It felt so awkward. I think it’s only to me because I can see Hyukjae is trying his hardest to make me feel comfortable.

I know some things will change now since we’re in a relationship, it’s just that I don’t really know what. I wish nothing will change but it’s not going to be the same now, right? I wonder what will happen when we bid goodbye later, will it be like how we usually do it or will there be something more than that? Maybe a kiss? I shrugged the thoughts away. I shouldn't be thinking about that now.

“Fany-ah, don’t be so awkward to me. I know how you feel. It’s weird, right? We were best friend a few hours ago, and now we’re in a relationship...”

I stopped walking and faced him. I nodded slightly and smiled at him, trying to resist all of the awkward feelings inside my heart.

“It’ll be fine sooner or later. Just get used to it. Don’t push yourself. Take your time,” he said as he ruffled my hair.

He pulled my hand and I followed him obediently back to my apartment. It’s not the first time he held me, but now, it’s just different. The feeling when you’re just friends with a person, and the feeling when you’re their girlfriend... It’s just not going to be the same.

We reached my apartment not so long after that. I was about to knock on the door but Hyukjae suddenly pulled me and hugged me. I don't know my feelings to be in his hug right now. It's not the first time that he ever hugged me but the feeling is different since he's my boyfriend now. I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist and I felt him tighten the hug.

Right at that instance, the door was opened from the inside, revealing both Leeteuk and Taeyeon. Both were surprised to see us hugging each other. I quickly broke the hug and tried to escape inside the house but Hyukjae quickly stopped me. Suddenly,  Taeyeon pulled me inside and when I looked behind, I saw Leeteuk pulling Hyukjae inside of the apartment too.

We were both seated beside each other on the couch with the couple looking at us in curiosity.

“What actually happened? How come you’re with Hyukjae? You were alone earlier,” Taeyeon asked.

“We met when I was on my way to the cafe,” I answered to her calmly.

“Then why are you hugging each other?” Taeyeon asked again.

“Unnie, it’s not like we never hugged before,” I replied trying to keep myself calm.

“True, but the way he hugged you today is just different. It was usually a quick hug but...”

“He confessed, is it?” Leeteuk asked, cutting off whatever Taeyeon was about to say. 

I nodded my head. 

"You accepted him?" 

"She did," Hyukjae replied on my behalf.

I glanced over Taeyeon and saw her shocked expression. I know she didn’t expect that I'm going to accept him this fast. I then moved my eyes and looked at Leeteuk. He looked straight into my eyes and smiled.

He walked closer to us and without a word, he ruffled my hair lovingly.

“I knew it. I know that Hyukjae will help you. I’m so happy for you! Hyukkie, take a good care of Fany. Or else, I will kill you. I don’t care the fact that you’re my cousin, all you have to know is I love Fany like my own sister, so I don’t want you to hurt her,”

“Hyung, you know I’m not that kind of person. You know I really love her,”

I blushed to Hyukjae’s word. So, Leeteuk knew about this for all of these times. No wonder he stopped matchmaking me with other guy now. I should be thankful to him though, for the blind date. If it wasn’t for him, maybe right now, I’m still the same Tiffany, scared of being in love, scared of being heartbroken.

“Noona, I’m sorry if you didn’t expect this to happen. But I sincerely love your sister, I’m not lying. Four months might be short, but it felt like I’ve known her for so long. I hope you don’t mind that we started dating now,”

All three pair of eyes were pointed at Taeyeon. She looked at us in surprise. It took her a few seconds to register what Hyukjae just said and she smiled.

“Why are you all staring at me? Of course I won't object your relationship. I've always wanted him to be with Tiffany but he never confessed earlier. I know you're the right one for her, Hyukjae,”

“So... Since everything is sorted out, I think we should get going first then,” Leeteuk said as he pulled Hyukjae up.

“No! We have to celebrate for them! I'll make dinner, for the four of us!” Taeyeon said in excitement as she stopped Leeteuk from leaving. 

That night, we spent our time together. The four of us, enjoying one of the best meal I ever had. Well, maybe it doesn’t taste that good like in those expensive restaurants, but the atmosphere itself, it was beyond perfect. We were talking to each other all night long and we didn't even realize it's almost midnight until the boys decided to go home. 

I am happy, happy to know that both our family members are happy to see us together. Happy to have the courage to accept him in my life. Happy to know that the person I love, loves me back. Happy to have Hyukjae in my life. Maybe I'm just happy for everything that happened today. 

 



So, this update is like... So boring. A bit of how both Taeteuk found out about their relationship. I'm seriously and terribly sorry for the lack of update and for the boring chapter. Next chapter is the start of the conflict but god knows when I'll update. 

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You guys might hate me now. 

Jeongmal minhae. Saranghae ♥ I'll try to update when I'm free :)

 

my awesome subscribers and readers, don't forget to leave me some

comments