Chapter 14

Forever

 

I simply followed him into the car without even asking of where he’s driving. I don’t want to make anything that might spoil the atmosphere. In my heart, I kept on praying that this time won’t stop. I wish that this meeting will not meet its end. Knowing that everything will end right after he sends me home, I am scared. Scared of what’ll happen to me.

He finally stopped the car and he went to my side to open the door for me. Is he really going to make it look like we’re still together now?

He took my hand and I followed him without any word. As soon as he stopped, I take a look at the surrounding at finally recognized the familiar atmosphere. I know this place, I’ve been here, we’ve been here...

“You know, I have always wanted to bring you here since the breakup. I want both of us to relive back the memories that we had here. You still remember this place, right?”

How could I not remember this place?

This is the place where he confessed his feelings. The spontaneous confession that he made. This is the place where he promised to help me to overcome my fear in love. This is where he promised not to break my heart. In the end, it was me who broke his heart...

“I don’t know why you did all of this to the both of us, to our relationship. I know you’re hurting as much as me, Tiffany. I know. I can see it from your eyes. I know the pain, I know this is hard. If it’s not hard, you would have carry on living your life like nothing ever happened, but you never did. I know you’re still there, at the same place you were standing at when you end our relationship,”

I couldn’t help but to agree with that he just said. Though I look like I’ve moved on, though I forced myself to move on, in reality, I’m still there, I still can’t move on.

“You’re right, as much as I tried to move on, I’ll find myself back at the point where I ended all of this. I always blame myself for ending this, for breaking your heart, for breaking our promises. But it’s done, I can’t do anything to fix it, right?” I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

He suddenly moved towards me and pulled me into a hug. His presence here is a lot for me, I wish that I could keep him with me forever but knowing there’s nothing between us, except for a mutual feeling and a broken relationship, I know I can’t be with him anymore.

“Why, don’t you want us to be together again? I know I made a mistake and I’m begging you now, please forgive me. Tiffany, I swear, I promise you I will never find someone else except for you,” he asked me out of the sudden while I’m still in his hug.

“I don’t know. It’s not wholly about what you did, it’s about my trust. I lost my trust in you,” I replied.

I heard him sighed at my word.

“I don’t know what should I do to gain back that trust. But I swear, if you give me another chance, I will never break your heart. I’ve learnt from my mistake, I know I was wrong, so please give me a chance to fix everything back,”

“Give me time. I’ll give you an answer, after the dinner,” I said it without even thinking. In my mind, I already know the answer to this. It’s too obvious, the answer is just obvious.

He broke the hug and with a sweet smile he pulled me into the cafe. He ordered my favorite drink and a slice of cheesecake for the both of us. We shared the cake just like before, when we were still together.

For a moment in the cafe, I thought that we’re back together. It feels so real. It feels like everything is back to normal. It seems like we’re still together, and the breakup never happened. The only different thing is that we didn’t talk. Both of us are both lost in our own thoughts, and at time, we would accidentally met each other’s eyes but nothing happen. We’re strangers, having a meal together and even sharing the cake together.

I was brought back to reality when I felt something touched my hand. I glanced over and saw Hyukjae’s hands on me. I looked at him with questions in my mind. What is he trying to do?

He took out a small box from his pocket and he gave it to me. I slowly opened the box and was amazed when I saw a necklace with a heart shaped locket. I took out the necklace from the box and when I turned the locket, I saw something engraved on it. This was what he planned on buying before. A locket with his name so that I’ll always remember him.

I stared at the locket. Will I be able to wear it?

“I got myself the same necklace too, but with a star shape. It has your name,” he said as he showed me the necklace he’s wearing.

Not wanting to be dragged in this dream anymore, I quickly stood up and walked away. The time alone while waiting for him to pay for our meal was the time when I thought back about everything. Is it worth it if I give him another chance? Will I be happy? Can I trust him as much as I trusted him before?

“Come on,” he suddenly appeared in front of me and opened the door for me. I got into the car and before he even started the engine, I told him not to say anything throughout our journey. He didn’t argue, he nodded slightly with a disappointed face.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

He stopped the car in front of the apartment building. I turned to his side, and quickly saw his eyes, as if it’s telling me to give an answer now.

“I’ll ask you for the last time now since I promised myself, the time when you walked out from this car, I won’t disturb you anymore. I’ll only be praying for the best thing in your life even if it’s not with me. So, if you’re willing to accept me back, please, please let me know about it now,”

I couldn’t think. I’ve already made a decision in my mind, but the moment he said that, it came to me that he’s tired, he’s tired of waiting. It came to me that actually, I am the one who is not prepared for the time when he gives up. I’ve been thinking that he’ll wait for me, but I never thought of how frustrating it is to get an answer.

I turned to face him and without a word I leaned forward to him until our lips meet. When we broke the kiss, I pulled out the box he gave me and gave it to him. I could see his shocked expression, I know he thought that I’m going to leave him, but will I be able to do it?

“Put it on me, I want you to put it on for me,” I said with a meaningful smile.

With a big smile on his face, he quickly put on the necklace on me. I turned to him and smiled.

“I don’t know how will I be able to move on, I’ve depended on you so much. I love you so much, so please don’t break my heart anymore,” I said.

“Thank you, I swear I will not break your heart. I will not be able to live on without you Tiffany. I’ll protect you until the end,” he promised as he leaned in for another kiss.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

“Why is my locket is a heart shape and yours is a star?” I asked him.

“It’s a heart shape with my name on it because I will be responsible to keep your heart the way it is now, to love you the way you wanted and to give you everything so that I’ll always be close to your heart,”

“What about the star?”

“Because you’re responsible to shine bright in my life, to give me the light when the skies are dark. You are the star who will guide me in life, who’ll stay with me even when the whole world is asleep,”

“Hyukjae-ah, I love you. Thanks for tonight, and thanks for coming back into my life,” I said ignoring his cheesy lines that somehow made my heart beats faster.

“You’re blushing. You’re touched right, with my words just now? I wasn’t trying to be romantic, I was saying what’s in my mind. It’s better if we end it here, I’ll fetch you tomorrow, pack all your things because you’re going back home tomorrow. Taeyeon unnie has been worrying about you since you left home, don’t make her worried,”

“She knows I’m meeting you?” I asked, surprised.

“She knows everything. Don’t forget about it, tomorrow is the day for you to come back home, and get everything back to normal. I love you, and happy birthday my Miyoung,” he said with a sweet smile on his face.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I finished packing up my things when my friends came into the room with a cake in their hand. They know about me moving back to our home, and tonight will be the last night for me to be in their house. We finished the cake and spent the night talking to each other about everything.

They’re both now asleep on my sides and right when I was about to close my eyes, a message came in.

“Sweet dream. See you in a few hours, my precious girl,”

With the phone still in my hand, I fell asleep. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. 

 


 


 

Finally, they're back together. Wohoo! 

Sorry if this is not what you expected. I was stuck with this chapter because I don't know how to make it goood. This is so far the best outcome from all of my tries for this one chapter. I hope you're satisfied with this. I'll be missing again, and I can't promise on when I'll be back again. I'll just try the hardest to come back soon :)

Oh, and I was planning on doing a Kyufany oneshot as I got the idea and drafted it yesterday. I was planning on posting it tonight but instead I did this update. I'll post it sometimes in the nearest time, so please look forward for it :)