Chapter 16

Forever

When I walked out from the room the next morning, I saw Mrs Lee sitting in the living hall with a girl. Probably that’s his sister. She wasn’t at home yesterday because of some work. I introduced myself to her and again, I could feel the love that she gave me. Lee Sora, Hyukjae’s sister welcomed me well.

 Unfortunately we’ll be going home in the evening. I would love to stay and talk to his sister. Hyukjae later joined us in the living hall and not long after that, his father came too. It was fun since all of them treated me well.

The girls prepared for the lunch while the guys sat in the living hall. We were talking while cooking and I’d have to say that this is one of the sweetest memories for me. They kept on teasing me when Hyukjae suddenly he into the kitchen and disturbed me.

“Yah Hyukkie, stop distracting her, will you? Go and watch the television with appa,” Sora said as she pushed Hyukjae away.

 

The time finally came that we had to bid goodbye. I wanted to stay longer but Hyukjae wanted to go home today. He promised to bring me here again, because he saw how well I blend in with his family.

“Fany-ah, if Hyukjae did anything to you, tell me quickly. I’ll handle him,” Sora said as we were saying goodbye to each other.

I only nodded and hugged Sora. I walked to Mrs Lee and hugged her too. She kept on telling me to come again and stay longer in the next visit. I then walked to Mr Lee and bowed at him, thanking him for the wonderful stay.

I don’t know how but I can’t be more thankful than now. I know his family will treat me well but I don’t expect it to be like this. I never thought they’ll be welcoming me into their family like this. I feel accepted even on our first meeting.

I walked into the car, ready to shut close the door when Mrs Lee came to me and whispered something that made me almost burst into tears.

“I know how much you missed your mother, so please treat me like your own mother. You can call me anytime and tell me everything. Always remember that you’re welcomed in this family. Take a good care of yourself and come back soon, I’m going to miss you, my little daughter,” she said as patted my back.

Hyukjae calmed me down and when he’s sure that I’m okay, he drove away. I waved at them until they’re out of sight. I turned to Hyukjae and smiled at him. He held my hand and squeezed it lightly.

“That was one of the sweetest trip ever. I think I’m more in love with your family,” I said teasingly.

“Don’t bluff. You love me the most,” he said proudly.

“Well, of course I do. But you loved me long before we met. You fell in love with my photo,”

His cheeks turned to red. I know that he didn’t expect me to know about this.

“It’s okay, I fell in love with you the moment I saw you,” I continued.

He took my hand and kissed it.

 

 

Months passed by. We went through lots of things together. I’ve been to his house for so many times that we’re getting closer to each other more and more each day. Despite some quarrels that we had at times, we’re still holding tightly to this one thing called love.

He was right beside me when we celebrated Christmas. He was there when we celebrated New Year. He was there most of the time and each day, I can’t think of living without him at all. I’ve became too dependent on him but I don’t regret it at all. I love being dependent on him, I love it because I know he’s going to be there no matter what happens. I love the fact that now, I can somehow depends on someone who is not my sister and not my friends. Someone that has his own special place in my heart.

Today is our anniversary. Our very first anniversary. Unfortunately, despite of me reminding him about our anniversary, he seems to be forgetting the date. I won’t tell him because I want him to remember it himself. It’s not only an important date for me, it’s supposed to be an important date for the both of us.

“Hyukjae, I want to go home,” I said to him when he suggested to bring me somewhere.

“I’m not sending you home. You’re going to follow me, wherever I go,” he said as he drove the car.

I don’t have any idea of where he’s heading to, so I just kept quiet. I listened to the songs played on the radio, not interested in talking to him as he was focused on the road. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep not long after that.

I was woken up from my sleep when I felt something on my cheek. I quickly turned around and saw him grinning at me. While I was still in shock, he leaned forward and kissed me on the lips.

“I always know how to wake you up from sleep,” he said proudly.

“Stop scaring me like that, please?”

It’s not the first time that he did this. It has always been like this and no matter how much I begged at him, he’ll still do it. He’ll tease me and tells me that I look cute when I wake up from sleep and it made him wanted to kiss me more. I sighed at the thought of it.

“Anyway, we’re here!” he said as he pulled me out from the car and showed me a hotel which was situated near a beach.

“What are we doing here?” I asked him, still not getting what is his real intention of bringing me here.

“To celebrate our first anniversary,” he said happily.

“You remembered? You planned all this? Yah, we’re not staying in the same hotel room, right?” I asked him as soon as I realized that.

“About that, I’m really sorry but I couldn’t get two rooms so I had to book a room for the both of us. I swear, I won’t do anything to you, not until you’re ready,”

“Yah! I want to go home, I don’t want to stay here,” I quickly replied.

I turned around but then he stopped me and hugged me from behind.

“Hey, believe me, I will not do anything to you. I promised you that, so I won’t break it. We’ll sleep in the same bed, but I swear I won’t do anything. I won’t do it if you’re still not ready,”

I pushed away all of the bad thoughts and turned around to face him. I forced a smile and hugged him.

“I’m so going to kill you if you try to do something to me,”

 

 

We had our dinner by the seaside. It was somehow romantic for me, the cool breeze, the candlelight on our table and the both of us facing each other. It’s the first time for us to have our candlelight dinner together and this is rather awkward for me.

After we finished the dinner he went to paid for the meal. I walked to the beach first, leaving him behind. I love it at the beach. The sound of the waves and the breeze, the white sands and everything about the beach. I simply love it. It calms me down.

I was enjoying the atmosphere when someone wrapped his hand around my eyes. I quickly turned around and saw Hyukjae grinning happily at me. He took my hand and walked me along the beach.

It was cold and I was shivering. It was then when he suddenly stopped and pulled me into a warm hug. Being in this hug made me not wanting to let go. It made me feel so comfortable to be in his hug. I don’t care where he brings me to, as long as I can stay in his hugs, as long as he’s beside me, I don’t mind.

“When you’re cold, I’ll be here to warm you. You don’t need this coat, because I need this more. You just have to hug me like this and I’ll warm you enough,” he said.

“Stop being so cheesy will you? I need the coat, your warmth is not enough if we’re going to walk all night long,” I told him as I smacked his back.

“I was just trying to be romantic,” he said as he finally put on his coat on me.

He walked over to the big rocks and he helped me to climb those rocks. He pulled me closer to him when we’re already on top of it.

“You know, I never put on this much effort for someone in my life. Miss Hwang, how did you do this to me? How come I’m head  over heels for you?” he asked.

Ignoring his question, I just stared into the dark night.

“Earth to Miss Hwang? I’m talking to you,” he said as he waved frantically in front of me.

“Ask yourself. It was you who fell this hard for me,” I said as I giggled.

“Right, I know you’re head over heels for me too. Do you know why?” he asked again.

“I don’t know,”

“Because we’re meant to be. Because if one of us left, it’ll be incomplete. It won’t be the same anymore,”

He pulled something from his pocket, a small box. Again. I rolled my eyes, not believing how many boxes I’ve saw.

“What now? Another ring?” I asked.

“Hey, don’t spoil the mood!” he said as he pinched my cheek.

He opened the box, revealing a pair of rings with a unique design. He took the smaller ring and put it on my finger. I spontaneously took the other ring and slid it on his finger.

“This ring is for our anniversary. Be ready for more rings to come,” he said teasingly.

“I’m keeping this and your mom’s with me forever. Those two are the most precious for me, including the necklace,” I said as I smiled.

Under the moonlight, once again we shared a deep and a sweet kiss. We stayed there on the rock, talking about things, talking about future, planning about life, planning about every single thing that came into our mind.