Chapter 5

Forever

I walked over to the front door when I heard the bell rang. I opened the door to see Leeteuk standing at the front door while holding a bouquet of red roses in his hand.

“Alone?” I asked him while letting him in.

“You’re expecting him to come along, right?” he replied.

“Why should I?” I asked him back as I pouted. Leeteuk let out a soft chuckle when he saw my reaction.

“That disappointment in your face when you opened the door! You two should just confess to each other,” he said as he walked over to the kitchen to meet Taeyeon.

I followed him from the back and leaned by the kitchen’s door. Leeteuk walked closer to Taeyeon and hugged her tightly, as usual. I smiled. Leeteuk seems to be the only guy who can make Taeyeon smile happily like now.

“Taeyeon-ah, don’t you think Hyukkie and Fany should confess to each other already?”

“Obviously! She’s been talking about him all of the time. Hyukkie did the same thing too, is it?”

“Unnie, stop making up stories. I didn’t talk about him all of the time,” I replied to Taeyeon and gave her a glare.

“Right, as if Leeteuk oppa is going to believe you,”

“Stop it you two. You should be spending time together instead of matchmaking me. I’m going out now, have a nice day together!”

I quickly leave the two lovebirds together. They don’t have that much time to spend together, so when the time comes, I shouldn’t interfere with their date.

 

I was on my way to the cafe where I usually spend my time at when I heard someone calling for me. I turned around to see Hyukjae standing behind me with a big grin on his face. He waved frantically at me as he walked to me.

“Where are you going? The cafe?” he asked me.

“Yes. Where were you? I thought you were coming with Leeteuk oppa,”

“I had to do something earlier. I called hyung but he said you went out. I know you’re going to the cafe so I thought it’ll be okay if I join you there,” he explained as he pulled me towards the cafe.

We ordered our regular drinks and some desserts. He chose the seat at the corner so it’ll be less crowded. I took my seat looked at him as he took the seat, opposite to mine. I gave him a quick smile before I pulled out my book from the bag and started reading it.

“Fany-ah, can I ask you something?” he asked, breaking the silence. I turned my focus from the book to his face and I nodded.

“You told me before that you don’t believe in love because of what happened to your mom, right?”

I nodded once again.

“You’re actually lying is it? I mean, if you really don’t believe in love, you won’t enjoy reading those love themed novels and watching those romantic movies. Am I right?”

I was stunned. I don’t know. Maybe, deep inside, even though I told myself that I won’t believe in love, somehow I still wish there’ll be a happy ending love story for me. Just like in the novels.

“I don’t know how do I say this, but I know I have to say this, right now. I don’t think I can hold my feelings anymore. I’ve been keeping this feelings for almost four months now. Is it possible for me to be your boyfriend?”

I stared at him without a word. I am speechless. True, I like him... Maybe it’s more than like, I do love him and even when he never said it, I can somehow feel it that he likes me too. It’s just that I never thought he’ll confess to me this soon.

“I-It’s okay if you reject me. I don’t mind,” he said as he forced a bitter smile at me.

I took a deep breath, trying to figure out my own feelings. I want him, no doubt, I don’t want to let him go but what about the past? I’m afraid of all of the possibilities that might happen if I accept him.

“I don’t know. I’m afraid, Hyukjae. I know you won’t do such things that my dad did before, but I’m still scared,”

“Fany, I’ll help you to overcome this. I’ll help you get through this fear. Just, give me the chance and I promise you, I will never ever break your heart. I love you, I really do,”

It took me awhile. I was fighting with my own feelings. I wish I can just choose him and let go of the past easily.

“I believe in you, so I’ll give you a chance. Remember, this is the first and the last chance,” I said and I smiled sweetly at him.

“B-but, do you really like me too?” he asked, stuttering.

He looks so cute. Maybe he thought I’m accepting him because I don’t want to break his heart. Maybe he’s not even sure that I really like him too.

“No,” I replied firmly.

I can see his shocked expression when he heard that. I tried my hardest to control my laugh and look at him seriously. Few second passed by and he sat there, silently.

“Pabo. I won’t accept you if I don’t feel the same. But the truth is, I don’t like you... I love you,”

“It’s not funny! Why are you trolling on me?” he puffed his cheeks and he pouted.

“And... I love you, Tiffany. More than you know, more than I ever expected,” he continued.

“Never break my heart, that’s all I wish for. I put aside the promise I once made and my fear in love, because of you. I’d die if you break my heart,”

“I swear that I won’t. Don’t worry. We’ll overcome everything, all of your fear! Just believe in me and we’ll get through all of this together. We’ll be fine as long as we have each other,”

Maybe it’s the time to give someone a chance. Moreover, I can’t live with the promise not to believe in love for the rest of my life. Right? 

 


 

 

 

Author's note : 

I am back. I won't be here for so long, but I'll try to update. It's a one week holiday for me so I'll use this time to continue this story. I will update whenever I have the time. Just bear with me. I might post another update by next week, if I'm free enough. And the next update will be in June, maybe? I don't know. I have finals in June, but I'll try the best. 

Please be patient, and I hope you enjoy this update. They are together! No conflicts yet, but it's coming in the next few chapters. 

Don't forget to comment :'D