Chapter 2

Forever

 

The lights turned off and a few minutes after the advertisement, I couldn’t believe what I’m watching. A horror movie! Even though I’m not really a fan of romantic movie, but I would prefer that rather than this horror movie. I’m always scared of ghost and now we’re watching a horror movie. I just don’t think I can stay in this cinema for the whole movie. I looked over at Taeyeon and I can see she’s enjoying it. Well, she’s not easily scared with ghost stories though.

It’s only a few minutes since the movie started and I can barely watch it. I looked at Hyukjae and he’s kind of enjoying the movie too. I think I am the only person who is afraid of watching the movie though. I sighed. I don’t even dare to look at the screen even though I’ve already covered my eyes with my hands.

“Are you okay?” I heard Hyukjae whispered from beside. I looked at him with scared look and I just shrugged my shoulder. I don’t really think I’m okay. I’m just too scared that I began to tremble now.

“You don’t look good. You don’t have to force yourself if you’re too scared to watch it. Let’s grab some coffee, okay?” he said with full of concern.

I quickly nodded my head because escaping from this cinema will be the best decision for me now. He quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the cinema. When he held my hand, I felt my heart beats faster than always. I felt safe and secured in his hold, a feeling that I never felt when I’m with someone I just met.

We walked to a cafe together, ordered our drinks and we talked. Talked with each other for hours. I don’t even realize how fast time passed by. It’s the first time in my life, how I can actually talk comfortably to someone I just met, for this long. I even took longer time to talk comfortably with Leeteuk at first. He seems to be different. I can’t act cold towards him, I feel comfortable around him, and yet, it’s only the first time we met. I can’t be falling for him, I promised myself that I won’t. I can’t break the promise just because of the guy I just met few hours before, right?

I quickly turned my head when I felt someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Taeyeon and Leeteuk standing behind me with a wide smile on each other’s face. I know they’re happy to see me talking with Hyukjae. I can tell it from Leeteuk’s eyes.  

“Sorry to interrupt both of you. Is it okay if we go home now?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly. I just nodded my head, and stood up.

Hyukjae walked to the counter to pay for the bills while I walked out from the cafe, waiting for him at the entrance. A part of myself doesn’t want to leave yet, I wish I can have more time to spend with him. Weird. I would usually try to escape as soon as possible when Leeteuk set me up for the blind dates before.

“Give me your number. Maybe we can go out sometimes,” Hyukjae said shyly as soon as he walked out from the cafe. He handed me his phone and I keyed in my phone number before giving the phone back to him.

“So, see you at college,” I said before I bowed at him as I backed away, smiling happily at him. I waved my hand at Leeteuk who was smiling meaningfully at me.

I know the meaning of that smile. I know he wished that it’ll work out this time, considering the way both Hyukjae and I treated each other just now. I know how much he hoped and cared so much for me. Will his dream comes true? Only God knows about it.

I walked over to Taeyeon who was waiting for me patiently. Both of us walked home instead of taking a taxi. It’s not even that far from our house. We didn’t talk much, she was lost in her own thoughts and I was lost in my own thoughts. Apparently, I was thinking about Hyukjae all the way home.

 

It’s been a two days since the ‘blind date’. I keep on thinking about him, all of the time. I can’t even focus when I tried to revise. His face keeps on coming to my mind all day long. I wished he would call since I gave him my number last time, but he never did.  

Well, I waited for his call every day. I never left my phone because I don’t want to miss any of his phone call. For all of my life, I never waited for a guy to call me like this. Even Taeyeon keeps on teasing me now when she saw how I keep on holding my phone even around the apartment.

It’s just there are two things that kept me away from falling deeper for him. The promise not to believe in love, and the past. If it’s not because of how mom suffered before, I would probably let myself fall for him more than now.

I was about to sleep when my phone rings. I answered the call hesitantly as it’s from an unknown number. A part of myself hoped that it’s him.

“Hello, is this Tiffany?” the caller greeted.

“Yes, Tiffany’s here. Who else?” I replied sarcastically. I heard the caller laughed. 


Dear

Sorry for not updating for so many days.I was so busy with college. Next week will be much busier than this cause I'll have fulls classes since Monday to Friday. Please bear with me, and wait for updates patiently. 

I hope this is enough for the moment. I'll try to find some free times to finally update again! Please bear with me, okay?

 

 

I'll reply to your comments after I updated my story.