CHAPTER 6

Perfectly Dangerous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai PoV

 

 

I made my way inside the building. Some staff on the counter greeted me as I headed towards the elevator.

 

 

I'm living alone, ever since what happened. I started living alone. I cut off my ties with my family ever since I joined Orion, my former gang. Until now, I didn't bother contacting them.

 

 

 

Perhaps I'm scared, that they might get involve.

 

 

But no, I really don't want to because they didn't also bother to contact me since I moved out from our house.

 

 

Ting.

 

 

In no time, I've reached the 12th floor. My flat was located near the edge of this floor. I chose the last room because I wanted to have an access to the glass window. Since I barely left my unit. The city lights when the night comes were my only company. It's the only thing that calm my head before sleeping.

 

 

 

Sometimes, I went to a bar just to drink alcohol. But it's very seldom. Besides, I don't know if someone might know my identity.

 

 

 

For now, I just worked as a computer programmer. I'm gonna lie if I'll say that the money from my work was my only source of income. It's a big no, If we're talking about my current salary for now. I don't think I can sustain paying my rent here.

 

 

 

I have my money under three names in different bank. It's the money that I saved when I'm still doing illegal business. I don't think even 5 years from now it will be spent all. I'm not living a luxurious life so I think it'll last for about 7 years.

 

 

I was about to input my passcode when I noticed the door slightly open. The door was not totally shut and that's when I felt something was wrong.

 

 

 

I tried to find my phone by searching it in my pocket. My house security was connected in there, as well as the cameras inside my unit.

 

 

 

"They forgot to give me my phone." I realized.

 

 

 

I don't have any weapon with me. I don't know who's inside my unit too. What's the best option for this?

 

 

Should I retreat?

 

 

 

I was about to run towards the elevator when I felt a cold metal at the back of my head.

 

 

 

"Move inside." A voice from my behind said.

 

 

 

I opened the door of my apartment and they pushed me inside. I saw seven men in my living room. They're all loaded with guns with a black mask on their faces. All my things were scattered around the floor and it was a complete mess.

 

 

 

"Where's the file?" The man from my behind asked.

 

 

 

I don't know what he's talking about. All of their guns were pointed towards me. The man from my behind walked in front of me. He's also wearing a black mask.

 

 

 

Maybe they're all just following some sort of order from a higher class. "I don't know what you're talking about." I answered.

 

 

 

"Liar!" I felt a sting on my right cheek when one man slapped me with a gun. I tasted blood from the corner of my lips.

 

 

 

For what I really remembered, I didn't stole any file or any kind of thing before I left the illegal business.

 

 

 

I just barely escaped, so how can I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter